• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

UaE0iaM.png

edit:

8ARWR44.png

I wonder how widespread that ad blocker issue is because I used AdBlock during the stream with no issue.

EDIT: Also possible that I've whitelisted them long before I was premium and don't remember.

Disable Ublock

Whitelist the site on adblock if you're using that. There's a bug they're trying to fix with their player that makes it not work with adblock turned on now.

Thank yoou.

I wonder how widespread that ad blocker issue is because I used AdBlock during the stream with no issue.

EDIT: Also possible that I've whitelisted them long before I was premium and don't remember.

Yeah I just came from another computer that had uBlock, and it had no problem.

justjim89

Tell me there's a gif of Dan pointing at his face and nodding and his Patrick shirt and frowning.

I'd make it but I don't know how to make gifs.

Zaph

Tell me there's a gif of Dan pointing at his face and nodding and his Patrick shirt and frowning.

I'd make it but I don't know how to make gifs.

Best thing about Dan hosting is him actively encouraging gif opportunities.

He even does the motion a few times so you can loop it nicely. Dude's a showman to the core.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Tons of people are switching/changing adblockers

Damn. I love it, I'm among the people who switched, but I really didn't expect the acceptable ads thing/sale of AdBlock to impact users so much.

wait, what's the deal with adblock

why are people switching

should I be worried

Adblock was sold to Adblock Plus so people are switching to Adblock Origin because they don't trust Adblock Plus??? I think?... you can't make this sort of stuff up. At least that's what I've read on reddit about the situation.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm cautious personally. The owner of Adblock sold the company (and nobody knows who bought it yet) along with announcing that Adblock was joining the Adblock Plus acceptable ads program.

If you weren't using Adblock (Adblock Plus is a different thing altogether) then it doesn't affect you. If you liked Adblock Plus's acceptable ads initiative, then it also doesn't really affect you (aside from that whole thing being slightly less completely fucking gross, since Adblock Plus doesn't decide who gets to pay Adblock Plus to let their ads slip through by default any more).

Myggen

I've never used an adblocker in my entire life, and it's too late to start now. I've got all the viruses and everyone knows everything about me.

2788594-mgsv06.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I stopped using Adblock Plus when they started acceptable ads, now I've done the same when Adblock sold to a mystery buyer who wants to remain a mystery but also wanted to join acceptable ads.

yami4ct

I've never used an adblocker in my entire life, and it's too late to start now. I've got all the viruses and everyone knows everything about me.

[IG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/23/233047/2788594-mgsv06.jpg[/IMG]

I spent a long while not using AdBlockers, as I'm really not comfortable with them, but I started to get NSFW ads on quite a few normal sites a couple years back. I run it now, but I try to whitelist as many sites that I use until they abuse it.

I stopped using Adblock Plus when they started acceptable ads, now I've done the same when Adblock sold to a mystery buyer who wants to remain a mystery but also wanted to join acceptable ads.

I haven't seen a single ad on a site where I blocked it, and I've never gone out of my way to disable acceptable ads. This is the first I've heard of it.

Zaph

Yeah, unfortunately ad networks really have turned blockers into a security tool, rather than just a cosmetic/battery/data saving one.

That recent massive android handset ddos in China, while it requiring a specific set of circumstances, demonstrated ad networks as a really juicy target for causing a lot of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom