• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I have high hopes for a couple of weeks without proper video guys, madness like that has often turned into great content in the past. Shakes things up.

danm999

I have high hopes for a couple of weeks without proper video guys, madness like that has often turned into great content in the past. Shakes things up.

I'm predicting Dan will be like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer learns about star wipes.

yami4ct

Hey, Tales of Zestiria is out next week. That's a proper ass video game. It's a game 98% of the GB audience does not give a shit about (and one that GB crew won't care about either), but it does still exist.

I totally get you point. Looking forward to what the GB crew cooks up.

Zaph

By day 2 everything will go to shit beyond repair. From then on, all Periscopes all the time

LiK

haha, finished the latest VinnyVania. loved how it went from "this is too easy" to "okay, this is Castlevania" XD

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh, I use Safari for everything, with Flash uninstalled on OS X. Chrome has Flash rolled in so I can just use it only for the handful of times I absolutely need Flash.
Chrome has a built in Flash plugin that can be disabled when not in use if you want. Just type in chrome://plugins into the address bar and you can toggle flash on and off in that menu.
Ahh, I see. I switched off of Chrome about a year ago afters years of using it. Eventually got sick of the resources it ate up. Might need to reinstall it for this purpose though.

Ahh, I see. I switched off of Chrome about a year ago afters years of using it. Eventually got sick of the resources it ate up. Might need to reinstall it for this purpose though.

Doesn't actually eat up resources. Hasn't done that for a while. The big thing people get it confused with is when they install a lot of extensions.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What a wonderful quick look the bomb defusing game made for. Wow.

It is decided. That was the best quick look they have ever done. Definitely getting that for when I go home for Christmas.

yami4ct

What a wonderful quick look the bomb defusing game made for. Wow.

It is decided. That was the best quick look they have ever done. Definitely getting that for when I go home for Christmas.

That game looks great.

The only thing that disappointed me about it is that KTANE is the only VR experience I've heard of and said 'that actually sounds really cool'. To find out it works just as well not in VR does not give me hope.

Anjin M

That game looks great.

The only thing that disappointed me about it is that KTANE is the only VR experience I've heard of and said 'that actually sounds really cool'. To find out it works just as well not in VR does not give me hope.
I bet slapping the snooze button works a lot better in VR.

yami4ct

I bet slapping the snooze button works a lot better in VR.

It'd certainly be easier to shift focus, but what was the controller they were using when it was a VR game? Assuming it wasn't one of the touch motion controllers, it'd still be awkward as hell to select and click on it.

daydream

Banned
That game looks great.

maybe it's just me but the image of a guy sitting there with a dumb helmet on while two people are talking to him is just too ridiculous for me

yami4ct

maybe it's just me but the image of a guy sitting there with a dumb helmet on while two people are talking to him is just too ridiculous for me

I think it's more that it's the only VR experience I've heard described that I could see myself doing for more than a couple minutes before putting it down and never touching it again. It's just that the game sound so fun by itself, it doesn't really need VR. I suspect it's probably way more playable and fun just with friends and a laptop then messing around with massive headpieces.

daydream

Banned
I think it's more that it's the only VR experience I've heard described that I could see myself doing for more than a couple minutes before putting it down and never touching it again. It's just that the game sound so fun by itself, it doesn't really need VR. I suspect it's probably way more playable and fun just with friends and a laptop then messing around with massive headpieces.

i guess it just boils down to me not seeing the benefits of vr for that game

aka my feelings about every vr game

Hey, Tales of Zestiria is out next week. That's a proper ass video game. It's a game 98% of the GB audience does not give a shit about (and one that GB crew won't care about either), but it does still exist.

I totally get you point. Looking forward to what the GB crew cooks up.

Giant Bomb founders Jeff, Ryan, and Dave signed a contract upon creation of the website which had a line forbidding quicklooking of a Tales game.

Jason and Dan shoulda done the ToZ QL , you GOTTA love this series, Astriker!

yami4ct

i guess it just boils down to me not seeing the benefits of vr for that game

aka my feelings about every vr game

Before I actually saw the game played, I had assumed being in VR was integral to seeing the bomb and actually playing the game. Clearly it is not.

As for VR, I totally agree with you. No one has showed me anything interesting enough yet to care. Most games seem actively hampered by trying to integrate it. I really want to get excited, I just can't.

Giant Bomb founders Jeff, Ryan, and Dave signed a contract upon creation of the website which had a line forbidding quicklooking of a Tales game.

Tales is niche enough that it just has never gotten coverage from the stuff, especially since no one pre-Jason has really been that into Japanese games. I'd love to see a good QL, but I never expect it. It does seem right up Jason's alley, but I'm certain he doesn't have any sort of time for that kind of game with a baby on the way.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I don't want Dan anywhere near JRPG coverage

yami4ct

Late but if anything but FFXIV Heavensward wins best OST im starting a filibuster in this thread until you're all convinced.

After playing 3 episodes of Life is Strange, I'm kinda starting to think it's going to be OST of the year for me. I'm not super into that style of music, but man is it used effectively.

I don't want Dan anywhere near JRPG coverage

JRPG coverage would be so much better if Austin and Jason were on the same coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom