• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I think playing that game with a bunch of engineers could either the most boring or the most entertaining thing ever.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They should combine Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and that game Patrick brought in that electrocutes you when you lose.

image.php

Haunted

I was actually impressed they managed to solve the morse code and complicated wire modules.

And that foto finish on the last one. Fucking fantastic.

Joeku

Keep Talking and Nobody explodes is a hell of a Quick Look.

I played it tonight with my ex and brother and his girlfriend. It's also a hell of game. Spaceteam-esque. Super fun. Those last, desperate few seconds where you just fucking go for it and snip the wires on the last module as the clock hits 00.00 are the tensest thing.

danm999

Yeah I should say its a really smartly designed game. Definitely be trotting that one out for New Years and Christmas this year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Dan vs Patrick competition is not even fair. It took Dan hours every time to beat his own level. Maybe blindfold Patrick or something.

And why are they playing Super Castlevania IV? Has Vinny given up on Castlevania III?
He has already beaten 3.
Guess I missed that...thought that was almost impossible for him, too.

Xater

The Dan vs Patrick competition is not even fair. It took Dan hours every time to beat his own level. Maybe blindfold Patrick or something.

And why are they playing Super Castlevania IV? Has Vinny given up on Castlevania III?

He has already beaten 3.

yami4ct

Finished Life is Strange Episode 4. Let me add my voice to all the people telling everyone to play that game. It's such a cool experience. I adore the way the game uses sci-fi to explore real life situations and major issues like mental health (an issue dear to me as it's been a personal struggle of mine). It's also one of the few games I think has ever done the TellTale choice system well. What you do doesn't have that big of an effect on the world, but the effects it does have feel significant and it doesn't feel like the game is desperately trying to trick you into think that (IE The Walking Dead or Mass Effect). It also can be incredibly emotional. It's one of the few games that's actually made me tear up a bit. Even in the moments it doesn't live up to that, it's still really endearing.

So, yeah, I hope GBEast keeps playing that game if only so it can actually be in the GOTY conversation. It definitely deserves it. I'm not exactly sure where I'd put it on my list yet, a lot of that depends on if it sticks the landing, but no matter what, I think it's going to be really high up there. I'm really happy I played it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Life is Strange Episode 4. Let me add my voice to all the people telling everyone to play that game. It's such a cool experience. I adore the way the game uses sci-fi to explore real life situations and major issues like mental health (an issue dear to me as it's been a personal struggle of mine). It's also one of the few games I think has ever done the TellTale choice system well. What you do doesn't have that big of an effect on the world, but the effects it does have feel significant and it doesn't feel like the game is desperately trying to trick you into think that (IE The Walking Dead or Mass Effect). It also can be incredibly emotional. It's one of the few games that's actually made me tear up a bit. Even in the moments it doesn't live up to that, it's still really endearing.

So, yeah, I hope GBEast keeps playing that game if only so it can actually be in the GOTY conversation. It definitely deserves it. I'm not exactly sure where I'd put it on my list yet, a lot of that depends on if it sticks the landing, but no matter what, I think it's going to be really high up there. I'm really happy I played it.

Some fucking Good Opinions in this post. Everyone, be more like yami.

Can't wait for ep 5. Really hope they stick the landing on this one.

Does the dialogue get less awkward in Life is Strange? I get that it is trying to emulate what someone in high school would sound like, but my brother sure doesn't talk that way and he graduated last year. In the video it comes off as the writers trying too hard. I don't think I could put up with that for the entire game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does the dialogue get less awkward in Life is Strange? I get that it is trying to emulate what someone in high school would sound like, but my brother sure doesn't talk that way and he graduated last year. In the video it comes off as the writers trying too hard. I don't think I could put up with that for the entire game.

First hour definitely has the worst of it.

danm999

Another convert to this hella sick way of thinking.

It's cool to see more people playing and enjoying LiS, it's a hell of a game.

Lelcar

Well, be sure to vote for them to continue playing LiS whenever the thread pops up. There's gonna be competition with Phantasmagoria 2, so remember to rep Life is Strange.

I was in the Phantasmagoria camp until they started playing LiS, now I want them to finish it before starting another game.

JonCha

Yeah I should say its a really smartly designed game. Definitely be trotting that one out for New Years and Christmas this year.

Yeah I've got a party at my friend's in November and we'll be doing something at New Year so I think that after everyone has had a few drinks could be pretty entertaining.

It'd be nice to have a digital version of the manual though.

Also downloaded Downfall while watching UPF and it's super fun but after the first world gets super hard too. It's one of those ideal 10-minute games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom