• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Please explain because I'm still befuddled by how that all came to be.

It seemed like he was sick of Lang and Adam talking shit in a way friends talk shit, so when he got access to Lang's phone he decided that it would be funny to tweet out his number as a joke revenge. I've been that drunk before, and I'm sure he didn't really realise fully what he was doing when he tweeted out the number, the consequences of it. I remember a friend of mine deciding that it was funny to prank call the police when she was drunk about 6 or so years ago, and I'm sure she applied the same kind of logic to that as Johnny V applied to tweeting out Lang's number.

You lose a lot of your critical thinking when you get drunk enough. I've never done something quite like that, but I've done some dumb shit.

Is Dan cooking what I think he's cooking?

If you're thinking chicken fries then yes, you are correct.

justjim89

We definitely need to establish the videogame version of jumping the shark, I just finished LiS episode three... holy shit.

I don't like this, it feels so strange and weird. Like everything I did before doesn't matter. Huh. Eager to get into episode 4 and see if things fix themselves.

Megasoum

Banned
HOLY SHIT guys... So I'm watching the movie "Prisoners" on Netflix right now (amazing movie btw) and look what billboard just showed up in the background of one of the scenes hahahaha

2015-10-1721_32_01-negusme.png

For reference:

morgan-and-morgan-tebow-ad.png

We definitely need to establish the videogame version of jumping the shark, I just finished LiS episode three... holy shit.

I don't like this, it feels so strange and weird. Like everything I did before doesn't matter. Huh. Eager to get into episode 4 and see if things fix themselves.

Just... keep playing.

Austin's face-to-laptop reaction is just precisely how I felt.

Did you notice that Chloe parked in handicapped spaces, and tried to steal the handicap charity fund in previous episodes? Foreshadowing!

yami4ct

I was incredibly nervous about that too when I first finished that episode. Like others said, keep going. The way they handled that gave me massive faith that they'll finish this story right.

Episode 4 is incredible. I didn't think they could top 2, but holy shit.

ZoE2 has the GOAT mecha designs. Jehuty and Anubis man.

I've always wanted an Anubis model. About 7 years ago I ordered an unpainted resin version, returned it because it was missing some pieces, and just kinda sat on that 'want'. Then I saw Austin post a picture of his revoltech one he got today, and I was like....fuuuck I'm just gonna drop half a c-note on this.

Megasoum

Banned
Because Metal Gear Scanlon is the worst thing to happen to the website since Brad Nicholson

I have to admit that I agree... MGS 1-4 were a lot of fun to watch but 5 is just a borefest.

Demo Derby on the other hand is the best feature on the site this year and we're not getting enough of it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have to admit that I agree... MGS 1-4 were a lot of fun to watch but 5 is just a borefest.

Demo Derby on the other hand is the best feature on the site this year and we're not getting enough of it.
Id like to see the numbers on both.... That'd be why at the end of the day. No matter the stamping of feet.

kai3345

Banned
yeah in hindsight maybe them committing to scanlon 5 before any of them really knew what the game really was was maybe a poor idea

yeah in hindsight maybe them committing to scanlon 5 before any of them really knew what the game really was was maybe a poor idea

Let's be fair. I don't think anyone expected it to be this 50+ hour epic that's specifically designed to prevent mainlining the content.

GavinGT

Banned
I'd be just with them not playing chapter 2, but just watching the cutscenes. Or maybe jump to Dan's save and only play the unique missions.

yami4ct

I'd be just with them not playing chapter 2, but just watching the cutscenes. Or maybe jump to Dan's save and only play the unique missions.

If Drew is willing to take direction from Dan, unlocking everything for Chapter 2 isn't hard at all. I only had to do like 5 or so extra side ops the whole chapter to get everything to unlock.

I've not tried watching it, what's wrong with it?

The fun of MGS is seeing Drew react the Metal Gear Solid's insanities, quirks, and cutscenes while struggling through on his own.

The thing is, MGS5 has almost none of that when compared to the previous games; very solid gameplay, but it's just short of being the antithesis of Metal Gear Solid 1-4. MGSV's gameplay also never changes--what you see is what you get. It's huge and varied, but you'll reach its limits long before you're done.

I'm still very much enjoying MGScanlon V except that it's going to get more difficult to watch on a public bus on the way to/from campus when Quiet and
Paz for that side thing
are shown on screen.

I'm loving Drew and Dan just messing around with mechanics.

Scanlon V has been pretty fun so far.

Yeah. Sure we don't get to see them reacting to heavy loads of cutscenes, but that had it's time and place. Now we get to see Drew just tackle it how he wants. And realistically he doesn't have to unlock anything from R&D. He can just do what he wants and he won't be punished for it(Well, it'll be harder later on, but not that hard.)

I've always wanted an Anubis model. About 7 years ago I ordered an unpainted resin version, returned it because it was missing some pieces, and just kinda sat on that 'want'. Then I saw Austin post a picture of his revoltech one he got today, and I was like....fuuuck I'm just gonna drop half a c-note on this.

If I did ever care to figure collect, it'd definitely be for sick mechas/robots.

Like Metal Gears.

I love the ZOE stuff, but one of the Gundam shows or Eureka7 is probably GOAT for me.

Both amazing choices as well, but man I just love ZoE. Gotta get back to finishing 2 sometime soon.

Scanlon V has been pretty fun so far.

Yup, different from the usual, but still great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom