• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanlon V would be much more interesting if it was just Drew alone in the room figuring everything out on his own, without Dan constantly distracting him and telling him what to do.

tchocky

Scanlon V would be much more interesting if it was just Drew alone in the room figuring everything out on his own, without Dan constantly distracting him and telling him what to do.

Drew would not be able to make the commentary interesting if he didn't have anyone to talk to and MGSV has lots of travelling from one location to another with not much happening. Drew is not Jeff who can easily carry a solo stream.

Lunar FC

I think that would be pretty terrible honestly.
MGScanlon 1-2 were my personal favorites. V could get boring after awhile, but i'm still enjoying it as it stands

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

If you think that would be good then do you basically think that the entire mgscanlon series has been terrible?

justjim89

Just got fully caught up on Life is Strange. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

That's what I call a completely random twist with no foreshadowing whatsoever!

danm999

Just got fully caught up on Life is Strange. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

That's what I call a completely random twist with no foreshadowing whatsoever!

Go back and listen to the lecture from the beginning of the first episode.

Or every time Max remarks all Nathan's creepy photos seem really well done.

Lelcar

I agree, I don't think it's a completely random twist. Every time I talked to Jefferson I thought something was up. He's got that Adachi vibe.

Myggen

That sounds awful. I think people are really overestimating how much Drew would experiment on his own.

hamchan

Drew would do zero experimentation. Heck, I doubt Drew would even start playing the game on his own if it wasn't for the website and Dan encouraging him. I've felt like he's wanted to drop the whole series since the first hour of MGS1.

justjim89

Yeah, I read up on some of it. Fuck that really caught me off guard.

Chloe can't just fucking be dead after all this, right? She died twice in this episode, and the first time was hard enough.

Lelcar

Drew would do zero experimentation. Heck, I doubt Drew would even start playing the game on his own if it wasn't for the website and Dan encouraging him. I've felt like he's wanted to drop the whole series since the first hour of MGS1.

It's weird, because I get that feeling from Drew as well whenever he's actively playing the game. However, when Drew is discussing or remembering Metal Gear, he always talks about it so highly and with such reverence.

Myggen

It's weird, because I get that feeling from Drew as well whenever he's actively playing the game. However, when Drew is discussing or remembering Metal Gear, he always talks about it so highly and with such reverence.

I don't get that feeling at all. Maybe during parts of MGS3,but it's clear that he really likes the series. Brad talked about how he wouldn't shut up about MGS in the office leading up to MGSV. That doesn't change the fact that I don't think him playing alone would be very entertaining.

danm999

I agree, I don't think it's a completely random twist. Every time I talked to Jefferson I thought something was up. He's got that Adachi vibe.

Fuck the Persona comparison makes me realise David is totally Dojima. At least the version of him Jeff and Vinny envisaged.

Myggen

At the end of the stream they said they would do a podcast later in the week to discuss everything.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

At the end of Klepek's Ryckoning video he says that he's going to be in L.A. soon and wants to do a podcast with Dan about this whole thing which will also be hosted by Greg Miller.

Klepek also states that there will be an expert level challenge with Dan in Mario Maker when he is in L.A.

Seems super random that Greg Miller is gonna host it :p

Lelcar

I think Greg was in the chat at the time because he's a big fan of the Mario Maker feud with them and offered himself to host, and then Patrick agreed.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
ass creed next week...weird...its been so silent

I saw a video a week or two ago of someone in that game beating up a guard with a blackjack or something and it looked janky as hell

repeater

ass creed next week...weird...its been so silent
Yeah, it'll be really interesting to see if the lack of forum hype correlates with any noticeable drop in sales, or if the mainstream appeal of the series doesn't really need any kind of particular hype each year to keep the series selling consistently as it's done.

Myggen

I saw a video a week or two ago of someone in that game beating up a guard with a blackjack or something and it looked janky as hell

I watched some of the 40 minutes long gameplay video posted in Gaming just now (god damn I'm bored at work). The game looks beautiful, but my god do I have AssCreed fatigue. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy an AssCreed game again unless they really do something with the formula.

And yeah, compared to previous games in the series it seems like they've been more low key with the marketing of this one. Or it might be that it just feels that way because Alex hasn't posted 1 video a week of the game on the site.

Gnome

I think Unity is just a hard misstep to immediately recover from it also doesn't help that to most people, London ain't all that different from Paris.

I think Unity is just a hard misstep to immediately recover from it also doesn't help that to most people, London ain't all that different from Paris.

The "APPLES AND PEARS OOP DE DOO OI GUVNA" tone of the characters is also supremely off-putting. At least Unity made zero effort to play up to French stereotypes (or even their language).

I miss ACII's decent handling of Italy.

Gnome

The "APPLES AND PEARS OOP DE DOO OI GUVNA" tone of the characters is also supremely off-putting. At least Unity made zero effort to play up to French stereotypes (or even their language).

It's hilarious because after all this time using normal British accents for every culture. They go and turn their one chance where it actually fits into a goddamn caricature, I love the game industry.

strafer

I plan on buying it, crossing my fingers that every other one is a good game. I freaking loved Black Flag, to the point that I think no ship warfare is a big step backward for the series.

Black Flag was the high point for me.

The setting. The music. The voice acting was top notch.

and the ship stuff was fun as hell. Just chill out on the ocean. Diving for stuff.

a Black Flag 2 would get me hyped as fuck.

jgminto

I hope Austin writes something about the new Gundam series because it's legit as hell and I want to know what he thinks of it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love Black Flag more than is reasonable, but even that is probably a one-off. I mean, isn't Rogue basically Black Flag 2 but in a different setting? I haven't played it. But yeah idk that you can just repeat that. I didn't even really get into the Adewale DLC despite being really interested in the story premise.

Also, they did the pirate story. The entire golden age of pirates happened in Black Flag. That setting, that story, it's kind of done.

But yeah man, that game was practically made for me. Love that setting. The story was legitimately great too. Edward as a protagonist works so well, easily my favorite in the series.

danm999

I go the other way on this.

Having mostly British accents in Unity was a huge blunder to my mind.

Seriously, they did faux Italian accents for the Ezio games. Why not at least have some mild French accents in Unity to give it some flavour?

Xater

Other than the ship stuff Black Flag was the same shit as always. That was the saving grace of that game. It would have been an even better game if it would not have been burdened by all the AC stuff and it's old ass systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom