• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make sense to be alone in a city working at Giant Bomb. He probably realized that over time.

This is ridiculously far fetched but maybe if BEAST ends up being (continuing to be?) successful they can rope Patrick back in to make a real Giant Bomb Chicago or something.

I just really like the satellite office idea after seeing how it's been working with BEAST.

danm999

Alpaca Dating Sim! via UPF

https://youtu.be/Z16qUP58D8o?t=8m15s

edit: that segment is also responsible for this equally quality .gif moment.

HP8iJoc.gif

And Vinny's immortal line "somebody needs to close Japan down".

Haunted

I wonder if Patrick will ever come back to Giant Bomb. Kotaku just doesn't seem to have the same pull.
While his work is being exposed to a much larger audience now Kotaku's obviously not as personality-based, so it's a different kind of exposure and getting out there. Even though Kotaku's audience is a lot bigger, I bet its site visitors largely don't know the writers, while every Giantbomb visitor would know the crew.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad was talking about how he wishes Destiny would sell costmetics just so they could use that to make and fund more stuff to the base game on the Bombcast.

WoW sells cosmetics and none of the profit goes to the game. And instead the in-game mounts are poorly animated reskins of the same old protodrake skeleton.

danm999

Brad was talking about how he wishes Destiny would sell costmetics just so they could use that to make and fund more stuff to the base game on the Bombcast.

WoW sells cosmetics and none of the profit goes to the game. And instead the in-game mounts are poorly animated reskins of the same old protodrake skeleton.

Yeah, and given it's the same company (and I have to imagine Blizzard has more cachet internally than Bungie) it seems like a pipe dream.

Yeah, and given it's the same company (and I have to imagine Blizzard has more cachet internally than Bungie) it seems like a pipe dream.

Difference is that Buying an expansion for WoW is that it guarantees atleast 2-3 raid updates as well as multiple updates throughout the year, unlike Destiny right now. Which is why I think that the whole 'Oh these cosmetics will fund our live team!' statement from Bungie is complete bullshit.

danm999

Difference is that Buying an expansion for WoW is that it guarantees atleast 2-3 raid updates as well as multiple updates throughout the year, unlike Destiny right now. Which is why I think that the whole 'Oh these cosmetics will fund our live team!' statement from Bungie is complete bullshit.

Even Draenor, which has been by far the barest XPac I think to date, has been more content than I've seen from Destiny's.

I guess counterpoint though, WoW still has a monthly fee. I gotta guess that's where they make the revenue to update the game.

I don't expect Destiny to be dropping anymore content than usual, but cosmetics and microtransactions replacing paid expansions is good for me. Now I feel like I can pick the game back up when it updates with a new expansion without having worried about how much I'll be paying for stuff now versus a year down the line.

Speaking of Destiny, finally hit light level 290. Gonna have to find some time and people one day soon so I can finally do the raid
and then watch GB play it.

Even Draenor, which has been by far the barest XPac I think to date, has been more content than I've seen from Destiny's.

I guess counterpoint though, WoW still has a monthly fee. I gotta guess that's where they make the revenue to update the game.

That's true enough, which Destiny doesn't have though. I mean, Blizzards selling cosmetics, account services, and they still charge a monthly fee despite that. I don't believe that Destiny will be able to upkeep both the live team working on the next couple expansions AND Destiny 2.

I don't expect Destiny to be dropping anymore content than usual, but cosmetics and microtransactions replacing paid expansions is good for me. Now I feel like I can pick the game back up when it updates with a new expansion without having worried about how much I'll be paying for stuff now versus a year down the line.

Speaking of Destiny, finally hit light level 290. Gonna have to find some time and people one day soon so I can finally do the raid
and then watch GB play it.

Come over to the DGaf thread! We're a helpful bunch and I myself have led a few newb teams through it.

Also I think drew killed one of his men at the end of the QL there, during the gun training. He fell off the platform, had no stun icon over his head....it probably didn't game over him because the fall killed him? Maybe?

Come over to the DGaf thread! We're a helpful bunch and I myself have led a few newb teams through it.

About how long is the raid for normal people? I know it took the GB crew longer than usual, but I don't know when I'm gonna be able to find more than like 3-4 hours for a session.

tchocky

That was another really good episode of MGS but I do wish Drew would start listening to the cassette tapes he is up to 47 tapes now.

About how long is the raid for normal people? I know it took the GB crew longer than usual, but I don't know when I'm gonna be able to find more than like 3-4 hours for a session.

If you have an experience leader who knows how to place his group(Like me!) 1-2 hours. The other day when I ran it with a team of half newbies and half kinda experienced(It was my 2nd time doing it), it took 3ish hours(But it was a rough carrythrough where I didn't really know the fights.) 3rd group I ran had about the same amount of newbies, and that one took a quick hour and a half.

That was another really good episode of MGS but I do wish Drew would start listening to the cassette tapes he is up to 47 tapes now.

I think they should do a bonus episode where he just does side ops/fultons peoples/listens to cassette tapes instead of rushing through the main story line. YO DAN RYCKERT, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT~!

If you have an experience leader who knows how to place his group(Like me!) 1-2 hours. The other day when I ran it with a team of half newbies and half kinda experienced(It was my 2nd time doing it), it took 3ish hours(But it was a rough carrythrough where I didn't really know the fights.) 3rd group I ran had about the same amount of newbies, and that one took a quick hour and a half.

Oh, that's much short than I was expecting about the 8 hour stream lol. Might try to look for a group tomorrow night then.

Oh, that's much short than I was expecting about the 8 hour stream lol. Might try to look for a group tomorrow night then.

Yeah, I mean the Giant Bomb run can happen to anyone, and they did spend 4 hours on Oryx himself which shouldn't take that long. I should rewatch it to uh, take notes but....they did do it like a week after the raid came out too, so all the current strats weren't used by em..

Yeah, I mean the Giant Bomb run can happen to anyone, and they did spend 4 hours on Oryx himself which shouldn't take that long. I should rewatch it to uh, take notes but....they did do it like a week after the raid came out too, so all the current strats weren't used by em..

You have a point. Longest "raid" I've ever done was like a 45 minute dungeon in FFXIV, so initially seeing how long the Destiny ones could go kind of threw me off, but I guess by now most people have done it, which will make it go easier.

You have a point. Longest "raid" I've ever done was like a 45 minute dungeon in FFXIV, so initially seeing how long the Destiny ones could go kind of threw me off, but I guess by now most people have done it, which will make it go easier.

Yeah and now that optimal strats are known it's not as daunting as it was a week ago even.

Watching Vinny and Austin play Battlefront, this game looks pretty cool. I guess I'm gonna play the beta this weekend and not buy the game because it doesn't have a server browser.

Watching Vinny and Austin play Battlefront, this game looks pretty cool. I guess I'm gonna play the beta this weekend and not buy the game because it doesn't have a server browser.
That video definitely made me more interested in the game. Though for whatever reason I'm more interested in just playing the beta rather than the full game.

That video definitely made me more interested in the game. Though for whatever reason I'm more interested in just playing the beta rather than the full game.

Yeah to be honest I'll probably get my fill from just a couple of nights playing the beta. The last Battlefield game I bought (don't even remember which one) I played dozens of hours in the beta and then less than ten after release..

But maaaan
MaleGoodnaturedItaliangreyhound.gif

Star Wars is too cool.

Jothel

How do I take staff off of my FOB? My offline game suddenly became online and I'm losing people even though I didn't put anyone anyone on there

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How do I take staff off of my FOB? My offline game suddenly became online and I'm losing people even though I didn't put anyone anyone on there

Pretty sure there's always staff there. The best you can do is set the security settings at the lowest. But it's better to set it high and just put the staff you don't want to lose (S-ranks only) on Direct Contract from the staff screen.

Yeah to be honest I'll probably get my fill from just a couple of nights playing the beta. The last Battlefield game I bought (don't even remember which one) I played dozens of hours in the beta and then less than ten after release..

But maaaan
MaleGoodnaturedItaliangreyhound.gif

Star Wars is too cool.
That looks so dumb and I love it

Jintor

Hahah wow the THPS5 review is top of the page in place of the usual video slot and it's just the title, 1 star, Jeff's byline and then the immortal words "Don't play this game"

Lijik

Jeff during the stream: "No one is gonna fall for the coins, dont worry about it. Youd have to be a little kid. An eleven year old!"

Patrick: *jumps for the coins*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom