• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Hmm.. Trying to look up who's in this QL on qlcrew.com -- has the site removed that functionality?

QLcrew has never been able to predict who's doing all the upcoming videos. My guess is that it's able to pull the video description from videos that's been uploaded but not put on the site, and if the description says who's in the video qlcrew will surface that information. This description didn't say anything about that, so there was no way of knowing.

That's my guess anyway.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here, this posted while I was sleeping.
W91QDg6.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbrOm8Ra7s

I feel like Jeff's giddiness level for all things has been off the charts for a few weeks now.

Whenever he's not in the middle of planning e3, pax, or any other big travel event, his mood is noticeably better. It's weird that that's even trackable, but it happens every time.

I've also noticed Jeff being in a particularly good mood lately. It's great, he's more boisterous and funny.

I can't wait to get home today and play Battlefront. It has been so long.

He's giddy because the holiday rush is here and he gets to hate more games than any other part of the year.

If he hates games so much i wonder why he's even reviewing them

Transformers, Legos and micro machines were my childhood. The game just needs to be competent for it to dump whatever crazy chemical nostalgia triggers all over my brain.
It's a good thing that Platinum made this game then. The fact the it plays so well makes it feel like more than just a nostalgic cash grab, despite the fact that it really leans on that nostalgia.

There's something really funny about Jeff's latest Mario Maker level being called "Citizen Kane."

Also, going into the Giant Bomb Level 2 blind. Wish me luck.

I haven't been watching Metal Gear Scanlon V because I've been too busy playing it myself! What mission number is Drew on? I'm assuming he hasn't been doing too many sideops, huh?

Messiah

I haven't been watching Metal Gear Scanlon V because I've been too busy playing it myself! What mission number is Drew on? I'm assuming he hasn't been doing too many sideops, huh?

He completed around 8 or 9 main missions so far.

On the topic of Metal Gear Scanlon V. I think the tranq gun is better suited for Drew's playstyle as it didn't seem like he would be fultoning everyone he knocks out throughout the game. The shorter stun time of the SMG could bite him in the arse later on.

Heimbeck

Banned

I haven't seen the latest part but he doesn't seem to be doing that many sideops.
He is mainly focusing on missions but doing important side ops like getting a translator.

so this level has the same problem that any difficult level of a reasonable length has

I get far along enough in the level that the lack of checkpoints just saps out any will for me to finish it when I die

fuck this level; I don't have any youtube ad revenue riding on this so it's a zero sum game

DamnBoxes

so this level has the same problem that any difficult level of a reasonable length has

I get far along enough in the level that the lack of checkpoints just saps out any will for me to finish it when I die

fuck this level; I don't have any youtube ad revenue riding on this so it's a zero sum game

How far did you get?

How far did you get?

got to the ice blocks before I got fed up with doing everything else over and over again

would've been nice if the music blocks were just a little lower in the first area so you could take the pow block up to that door which probably leads to the end

tuxfool

Banned
I do like that CDPR get into the minutiae with their patch notes, unlike just about every developer whose patch notes are STABILITY AND BUG FIXES. But it sure makes it look like the game is a flaming pile of feces when you see something as huge as that PDF. I can see where people would think that the game is broken or unpolished when they see something like that

People are stupid.

tuxfool

Banned
well, for some of us, that game WAS broken and buggy as hell, thank you very much

Right, but it would be the same if the patch notes were a single page or multiple pages.

People constantly complain about Sony's "Stability". When they get a detailed changelog they complain too.

I don't want to be interested in that game but that music and those sound effects still manage to trigger pavlovian impulses in me that hinder my ability to make sound financial decisions

-Kees-

Somehow I don't have a copy of THPS 3 for PS2 lying around so I went to a Goodwill, Half Price Books, Disc Replay, and a pawn shop and I didn't see a single copy of it for any platform. I just want to play a Tony Hawk game, why is it so hard to find? :(

Fuck this Mario Maker level, looking through it in the editor I know it would take ages to get through it. This is a lot harder than the last one.

Bladelaw

I've been mainlining Metal Gear Scanlon for a week while playing Destiny/Marvel Heroes/Mario Maker. I just finished MGS1 and saw the first 2 parts of MGS2.

I think I've learned more about Dan than I thought possible. Also as a result Drew has become one of my favorite members of the Bomb crew. This series alone is enough to justify the premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom