• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Is she? I just "unlocked" her in the game, is there any character development later on? So far she is just a less usefull D-Dog.
It's always kinda funny to me when they ask at the start of the mission "So, you wanna take the dog, the horse, the robot or the woman with you this time?"

Yes. With her as a buddy you can practically get her to finish missions by herself.

danm999

Is she? I just "unlocked" her in the game, is there any character development later on? So far she is just a less usefull D-Dog.
It's always kinda funny to me when they ask at the start of the mission "So, you wanna take the dog, the horse, the robot or the woman with you this time?"

I mean in narrative so if you've just unlocked her I can't really elucidate on that without spoiling.

In terms of mechanics, yeah I think D-Dog is better but once you get her a tranq silenced sniper rifle (if you care about not killing) she's pretty handy.

strafer

so both jason and dan are having kids....damn....

they will be good dads do.

THEY CAN EVEN GET THAT DAD CAST GOING AGAIN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

so both jason and dan are having kids....damn....

they will be good dads do.

THEY CAN EVEN GET THAT DAD CAST GOING AGAIN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I think people are joking about Dan having a kid but I'd like to imagine if he ever did, his/her diet will be strictly Taco Bell and Macaroni with white cheddar sauce. Binged on only MGS cutscenes and OST's of course.

Episode of Danswers with Jason.

He had Jason and Danny believing for about 30 seconds he accidentally got his girlfriend pregnant and it freaked Jason the fuck out.

Yup.

lol...what the fuck...and here I thought Dan was going to be a dad.

But Jason is true right?

Absolutely.

Gotta believe

put our hearts and minds into it

TTK will have 'taken' the love of GB

Destiny (if anything) will get '2015's 2014 GOTY' and that'll be that. As they're all still actively playing it and it's received 'support' from Bungie throughout the year. It entering actual 2015 GOTY discussion proper is crazy talk.

Patryn

Mass Effect is a fantastic series and ME2 is a top 3 game of last gen for me.

Mass Effect is my favorite series, and I think all three games are in my top 20 games of all time. Mass Effect 1 is my favorite game of all time, in fact.

Ironically, Mass Effect 2 will likely reign forever as my most disappointing game ever, as well.

In fact, I actually own the Witcher 3. Have for months now.

Haven't touched it.

Instead, I just replayed Mass Effect 1 for the 10th time. Job hunting on the sly is damn stressful, and sometimes you need that familiar comforts.

There is something to be said for the Day One Bethesda jank.

Probably better if you're not the one playing it though.

I played Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim all on Day 1, and honestly I never really encountered the major problems that people scream about when it comes to Bethesda. It wasn't necessarily a perfect experience, Skyrim especially had me dealing with shadows that didn't look right, but I found them all more than playable.

Looking forward to picking up Fallout 4 day one and playing the shit out of it. Trying to figure out if I can possibly take a day off work for it.

Moaradin

ME2 will always be my favorite in the series. Maybe my favorite game of the entire gen. Definitely one of my favorites of all time.

I love every game in the series though.

Nothing post Mass Effect 2 by Bioware has been anything even close to a good game, and that breaks my heart. Especially when 3 should have been the greatest game of all time, and a fantastic conclusion to the series if they got their head out of their own ass and accepted what a big dumb power fantasy that series was.

I'm reading through the Star Carrier series by Ian Douglas, which has a similar Reaper-esque threat among other challenges, and the amount of shit that would have been perfect as a final fuck-it conclusion to the series for both Renegade and Paragon paths is heartbreaking to read through after what a letdown 3 was.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Guys, persona dancing is goty.

No other game has a four breasted hatsune miku popping and locking to a dubstep remix.

If some other game has that though I will bring it into consideration for goty.

Zaph

Nothing post Mass Effect 2 by Bioware has been anything even close to a good game, and that breaks my heart. Especially when 3 should have been the greatest game of all time, and a fantastic conclusion to the series if they got their head out of their own ass and accepted what a big dumb power fantasy that series was.
As much as I shat on it, and stand by those criticisms, if you pick one of the right classes there are some genuinely good parts of The Old Republic worth wringing out if you're pining for Bioware's previous generation of games. But it still fails miserably as a MMO, and you'll need to spend a little bit of money to avoid the F2P trappings ruining the natural RPG progression.

As much as I shat on it, and stand by those criticisms, if you pick one of the right classes there are some genuinely good parts of The Old Republic worth wringing out if you're pining for Bioware's previous generation of games. But it still fails miserably as a MMO, and you'll need to spend a little bit of money to avoid the F2P trappings ruining the natural RPG progression.

I remember that game at launch plagued with long empty corridors and a super slow walk speed to grind out as much money from casual subscribers at possible, and throwing up in my mouth a little at how shameless it was.

Patryn

Convincing Jeevesmeister to like a modern Bioware game is like teaching a dog to recite Shakespeare: It ain't happening.

Best to just move on.

erawsd

I remember that game at launch plagued with long empty corridors and a super slow walk speed to grind out as much money from casual subscribers at possible, and throwing up in my mouth a little at how shameless it was.

Hmm.. I dont really remember those being problems with it. In fact, I thought it was enjoyable to level up in the game. The "end game" is where it was an awful mess.

It's pretty depressing that Choose Your Own Adventure has already turned into "But IT'S ME who knows what the guys should be playing, not all THOSE idiots" in comments and threads on the site.

That's what you get for trying to do something new!

Patryn

It's pretty depressing that Choose Your Own Adventure has already turned into "But IT'S ME who knows what the guys should be playing, not all THOSE idiots" in comments and threads on the site.

There's always been this interesting disconnect between the games the GB audience adores and the games the GB crew loves.

For instance, I have a feeling that the GB audience loves RPGs a whole hell of a lot more than the GB crew does.

Myggen

Some people will always react like that when you have a community vote on what will be played. I haven't seen that much of it though.

hamchan

Whiny minority is pretty common on the internet.

danm999

Democracy is all well and good; but what about what I want?!

Edit;

LOL, I made that comment as a hyperbolic joke but apparently its pretty much dead on to the subtext of some reactions on the site comments;

Please spin this off into its own separate feature. Clearly a ton of people want you to play it to completion, but for those of us that don't, it's kind of defeating the purpose of the weekly votes.

I didn't even bother putting my suggestions in because I knew the cult of Strange was just going to continue to demand you play it every single week.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Just listening to the bombcast and lol at the dude who wrote in about the klepokalypse with suggestions to make it more "fair" that just make it completely obviously unfair for patrick.

Also I don't know what's so off-putting to brad about an app connecting you to dog walkers. Seems to make perfect sense to me, and dog walking services in other forms have been around for a long time.

As for COOA, they never made a one game per show rule at the start, so there's not much to complain about. I've mostly lost interest in the game at this point but I'll keep watching.

If they were real fans they would have picked persona 3.

RaAhBBk4Tpk8e8onxax4EjUmo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom