• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

EA now has all the assets they need for new X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. There's a space sims resurrection happening and they could sneak right in there. Using my business sense and my game development knowledge, I'm pretty sure they are poised to make billions. Just look at the HOTAS supply and demand on Amazon. Prices are up like 80% and CH Products has trouble keeping their sticks and throttles in stock. Now that's some solid data for their pitch!

When everyone came back from PAX, the main thing being talked about is VR. There are a lot of limitations on what kind of games could work in VR but you what genre is perfect for it right out of the gate? Flight sims! I haven't given VR much mind before, but if they announce a new X-Wing / TIE Fighter for VR, I'm buying a headset immediately.

Between the new movies coming out, VR, EA going big on Star Wars and games like Star Citizen bring big sims back, the recipe is all here, we just need someone at EA to put two and two together.

Time.

And data caps. Thanks, Comcast.

Why is this a thing for home internet anyway, it just seems absurd to me. I'd jump ship if there were other legitimate options, but the only other broadband ISP down here is AT&T and the fastest they can give me is 3 mbps.

God I hate ISPs.

In other news, I bought the Patrick hot dog shirt last night for some reason. There's probably going to be only like one person I ever meet in my life that will get what the hell is on the shirt.

But why would I live somewhere with data caps?
Because you live in the 90% of the world where there are data caps on the internet? Shit fucking sucks, here in alaska im capped at 150 gb unless i pay 200 a month, since ive moved back i has to stop buying digital and lower my netflix quality settings

Zaph

one of these days Drew is going to get through a mission without immediately being spotted and shooting everyone

When he starts doing that I can't help but wince thinking about all the fultoning he could be doing. I usually have to play a side op shortly after an episode just to get it out of my system before I become one of those "you're playing it wrong" people.

justjim89

It's kinda BS that they don't bother even putting NSMB in the voting. I like the look and feel of NSMB a lot better than any of the older ones.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's kinda BS that they don't bother even putting NSMB in the voting. I like the look and feel of NSMB a lot better than any of the older ones.
0045_e8o46.gif

Heimbeck

Banned

I didn't watch them live but I thought they pt them but tried to dissuade everyone from voting for it.
I bet if Jeff did put it in everyone would vote for it just to see them suffer.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It's literally the only tileset I'll use. Their aversion to it is weird.

I didn't watch them live but I thought they pt them but tried to dissuade everyone from voting for it.
I bet if Jeff did put it in everyone would vote for it just to see them suffer.

He didn't put water or NSMB in the voting, he joked about a bug with the poll not allowing it.

Here's a situation for you. The new content launches for Witcher 3 next week, Brad takes a look, is inspired to finish his play through, falls in love and prepares his trenches for the GOTY battle. What do you think?

Either that, or he touches it for a QL, laments the fact that he's let the game slip after all these months and returns to Destiny never to look back again.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
NES games are ugly as sin. People who think otherwise are like those crazy people who think early 3D graphics on PSX and N64 weren't terrible.

I wonder how angry some people will get in the GOTY thread when GB largely ignores Witcher 3.

Furious.

But honestly, it really doesn't bother me at all. I understand the process, I know what turned them off to the game. I realize if the draw was strong enough they would have returned to the game on their own. It would make sense for them to put very little consideration for the game if they don't feel a desire to go back to it in the first place. I just really like the game and love to hear a little more Witcher talk at GB just because Brad and Dan were so initially enamored by what it offered despite its shortcomings.

nsmb looks plain as fuck. I'll take the other 3 games every day over that. Each one of those games were pushing the tech at the time as hard as they could while nsmb looks like a low budget modern 2d platformer in comparison.

until you can throw shells and stuff up in the NSMB style it can go fuck itself

I thought I was going to like the SMW style most but I think the SMB3 style fits the slopeless design of each level much better

scaffa

Some crazy talk is going on here, it's pretty obvious it's almost weekend.

Btw, NES Style is the best style. Suck it you NSMB Goobers!!

I said my piece on the SMB 3 vs SMW earlier in this thread, but everyone is ignoring SMB 2 just because it's not in Super Mario Maker. That game looks pretty damn nice but I'd probably still give the nod to SMB 3 personally.

Furious.

But honestly, it really doesn't bother me at all. I understand the process, I know what turned them off to the game. I realize if the draw was strong enough they would have returned to the game on their own. It would make sense for them to put very little consideration for the game if they don't feel a desire to go back to it in the first place. I just really like the game and love to hear a little more Witcher talk at GB just because Brad and Dan were so initially enamored by what it offered despite its shortcomings.
I think Dan got bogged down with the
talk to all the ladies about Dandelion
quest which is admittedly kinda lame coming just after the Velen climax. But as soon as you get past that the quests that follow are soooooo good. The overarching story up to that point is simple enough that it wouldn't be hard to jump back in.

Brashnir

cool you can admire the look of NSMB U all you want and I'll just be over here playing two of the greatest video games ever made

go ahead and enjoy that HD Mario though

I can enjoy those games, too. Your point is invalid.

I'm saying that the NSMB games can look as nice as they want, but that won't stop them from being uninspired platformers

Both inaccurate and irrelevant since this whole thing started off when discussing Mario Maker, where the inspiration of the levels is up to the creator.

oti

Banned
This time I didn't watch the stream and tried the GiantBomb Mario Maker level first... I'm stuck and I don't know where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom