• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I rewatched the Arma III QL for some reason. Oh my god the Altis Life bit at the end is still so goddamn hilarious.

demidar

i think it's a matter of expectations. MGSV had lower expectations to it given the debacle of Kojima getting kicked out of konami and that there's never been mechanically sound MGS game outside of Rising. It's reasonable to say that MGSV beat most people's expectations, even if the possible production issues show a bit near the end of the game.

Mario Maker is pretty much what we thought it would be. It's great, no doubt, but it's not perfect either. It needs some sort of curation or tagging system for its online stuff and it's missing a few things with the maker stuff, too, like angry sun and slopes and stuff.

I dunno, i dont see MM taking it but i wouldn't think it a bad thing if it did

But how long since have you seen Jeff cackle like that?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Top 3: Mario Maker, Just Cause, MGS. Not in that order.

Calling it right now. I don't get MG at all but they seem to love it.

ArjanN

I'm past Skellige now. I will definitely have the game beat by the time GOTY rolls around.

Nice.

That won't be a fight, unfortunately. I thought it would be until Jeff went on the record that he'd easily pick MGSV over Mario Maker.

Now, it's possible that his opinion has shifted since Podfest, but he didn't hesitate saying he'd pick MGSV.

I'd rather hear more discussion about other games than MGSV, Mario Maker and Witcher 3 honestly. Yeah, no shit these games are good, everyone already knows that. That's kind of the problem with the whole GOTY discussion. All the niche categories are far more interesting.

War for Cybertron is better than Devastation.

I guess maybe one of the other games might have been better for TF fanservice, but IMO Devastation is the best TF game.

Zaph

Rich Gallup is in the NYC studio?!?!

edit: yes he is

QN1Ctyv.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess maybe one of the other games might have been better for TF fanservice, but IMO Devastation is the best TF game.

Dunno. Everything about all the characters feels very same-y in Devastation where as the classes and abilities at least gave some variety in gameplay sytle.

Actually in one of the High Moon games based on the movies they had a mission where you palyed as Soundwave and fought dudes as Soundwave and used all your pets to do spying shit and it was arguably the most badass Transformers mission I've ever played in a video game.

In my mind, Brody Quest has become the Rorie theme music, either that or the Rod Stewart theme from Enterprise, due to that insane video with Him, Ryan, Jeff and Drew.

Phediuk

Honestly, if you want real meltdowns, what happens if (when?) MGSV beats Witcher 3 as GAF's GOTY?

Even worse: What if Fallout 4 beats both MSGV and Witcher 3 on GAF? Holy shit, the meltdowns from that would be legendary.

Nah this is what GAF's top 10 will look like.

1. MGS5
2. Bloodborne
3. Witcher 3
4. Fallout 4
5. Whatever the Nintendo crowd votes for en masse, probably Splatoon or Mario Maker.

6 through 10: some order of Arkham Knight, Just Cause, Life is Strange, and perhaps the Destiny expansion if that's allowed. And whichever one of those Wii U games doesn't make top 5. Maybe Undertale, but I don't think enough people will have played it.

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom