• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I look forward to getting AC Syndicate in the same way I've gotten the other good games in the series. Many months after release at a significant discount.

I have only ever finished AC 2, which I played way after release. I was deep into Brotherhood but failed to finish it, probably because I played AC 2 too recently. I played a lot of Unity but never finished it.

I'm not typically someone that plays deep into games and just stops but with Assassin's Creed I do find it difficult to push on for whatever reason.

I only ever played AC 1 and 2, man was 2 a great game. If Syndicate is any kind of return to form, then I might try it out, but my impressions from that gameplay that leaked last week was that the combat still looked god awful and that the baddies had gotten a huge boost to their health which makes combat all the more dragged out.

Especially with these new pants I've been wearing.

b5x43H2.gif

Assassins Creed review template

"This Assassins Creed is good, much better than the last Assassins Creed, which was bad. There is a lot of fun stuff to do and the setting is incredibly engaging. Still, the core of the series is becoming repetitive, but it's still enjoyable!"

"This Assasssins Creed is bad, much worse than the last Assassins Creed, which was good. There is too much stuff to do and it isn't fun. The core of the series is becoming repetitive and it's boring."

Alternate between the two until the end of time.

Xater

Assassins Creed review template

"This Assassins Creed is good, much better than the last Assassins Creed, which was bad. There is a lot of fun stuff to do and the setting is incredibly engaging. Still, the core of the series is becoming repetitive, but it's still enjoyable!"

"This Assasssins Creed is bad, much worse than the last Assassins Creed, which was good. There is too much stuff to do and it isn't fun. The core of the series is becoming repetitive and it's boring."

Alternate between the two until the end of time.

My problem with one is that if it has been becoming repetitive for years now, you should probably make that impact your review and not slab a 9 on it?

Two things I noticed from the AC QL:
- The subtitles are real fucking small.
- The climbing is crazy in these games now. The character jumped up a wall like two meters high without using their hands.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
- The climbing is crazy in these games now. The character jumped up a wall like two meters high without using their hands.
I've seen a video before where she climbed Big Ben in about 6 seconds.

RE_Player

Syndicate looks great and exactly what I want from an AC game. Glad I pre-ordered, and got a good deal for launch.

Also I bet no one other than Alex and Vinny on staff play AC Syndicate.

Syndicate looks great and exactly what I want from an AC game. Glad I pre-ordered, and got a good deal for launch.

Also I bet no one other than Alex and Vinny on staff play AC Syndicate.

I could see Brad or Austin giving it a try but Jeff has no interest after the change in direction they took the story and Dan flat out doesn't like AC games.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Vinny's "I Played Some GTA V: Live!" video was made after he became a father. It's diminishing returns; there's only so much video game carnage you can take before you get bored of it.

He's always been sensitive to violence when it's not violence he's in charge of. Going back to the UFC quick looks he was really squeamish but you can watch any number of Sleeping Dogs videos where he grabs a random pedestrian and smashes their face against the wall until they stop moving(at which point he'd shove their face into an industrial fan) while he laughs about it.

Wunder

Yeah... Remember when one of the mid-late game upgrades for Ezio was a little hook thing to allow you to climb one or two levels higher than before? Evi was fuckin leaping left and right with no issue

Anybody having issues getting the Premium podcast feed syncing up on RSS? I use BeyondPod, was working just fine until recently. Username & password are correct, but its' not syncing new episodes.

Haunted

I wish no one on staff would play Syndicate. I'm just not interested in hearing anyone talk about it and it'd be kinda refreshing to see a site ignore a game even though it has a huge marketing budget (ensuring coverage on all sites out there).

They all seemed to like Blackflag though, so positive buzz will probably lead to them giving it a shot.

Unless i'm mistaken, they only liked Black Flag for the ship stuff, not the Assassin's Creed stuff. I recall someone mentioning how it was a bummer when they had to break away from the ship gameplay to do the usual tracking and AC gameplay. Enjoying an AC game because it's barely an AC game probably means there's little motivation to play a game that's very much an AC game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vinny saying 'the violence wasn't as bad'

Does he not remember the Ezio special of turning peoples heads into a rotisserie

LiK

I'm glad they stopped doing videos for those shitty survival games. listening to Jeff hate on them in Bombcast is how I feel about them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm glad they stopped doing videos for those shitty survival games. listening to Jeff hate on them in Bombcast is how I feel about them.

Did they stop doing videos or did they stop making those games? I can't really remember any survival game after HIZI
Any noteworthy survival game at least, Steam is obviously full of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom