• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Banned
I feel like this season of MGScanlon is unnecessary.

Drew is only doing it because he feels obligated. He doesn't care about the story or setting. He just wants to finish the game so people on the internet can stop bugging him.

They should've just ended it with 4 and let Drew play on his own time. Then have an episode or two where they discus and highlight missions they enjoyed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Drew is only doing it because he feels obligated. He doesn't care about the story or setting. He just wants to finish the game so people on the internet can stop bugging him.

They should've just ended it with 4 and let Drew play on his own time. Then have an episode or two where they discus and highlight missions they enjoyed.

He seems to be enjoying himself.

In fact this seems to be the first time he actually seems to enjoy the gameplay.

Noaloha

Griffin's MarioMaker level has me wanting to rewatch the Cube movies. As a piece of consumable game design, hoo boy, that level is hot, dark garbage. But as a dizzying murder-prison that wants to tease moments of hope out of its victims only to offer naught but despair, it's a wonder. GG McElroy.

kAmui-

The base management stuff seems to be something he doesn't like that much but I think he enjoys the base game. And if they had done that somebody else would be here asking why didn't they record the whole playthrough.

Zaph

Scanlon V is Drew's thank you to the fans. Last week he had farewell drinks the in office, but CBSi is claiming he's "on holiday".

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hide your phone numbers.

J3huDDC.png

I'm super excited for this

Blastoise

Banned
He seems to be enjoying himself.

In fact this seems to be the first time he actually seems to enjoy the gameplay.

I can't be the only one finding his playstyle and nonchalantness towards the game frustrating. Drew has definitely put a time limit on himself to finish the main missions before GOTY discussions.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't heard Limelight in a long time and man that's a good song. I'm not a big Rush guy but I do love prog.

Also Guitar Hero Live seems like a much better product than Rock Band 4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't be the only one finding his playstyle and nonchalantness towards the game frustrating. Drew has definitely put a time limit on himself to finish the main missions before GOTY discussions.

It's fine if you feel that way. People have expressed as much. Saying that drew doesn't care about the story or the game though just felt more like projection. It's just the way he plays these kinds of games. He said that he doesn't like open worlds where he can feel directionless and he's the kind of guy who put the last of us on easy but still really liked that game. The previous metal gears he was constantly frustrated when he had to actually play the game. People just seem to expect something that wasn't there in the first place.

I haven't heard Limelight in a long time and man that's a good song. I'm not a big Rush guy but I do love prog.

Also Guitar Hero Live seems like a much better product than Rock Band 4.

good Rush is good! people who like all Rush are weirdos and should be avoided!

Gnome

Wow, kinda surprised by some of these positive Assassin's Creed reviews. Solid contender for Christmas Steam sale.
Every other year man, every other year.

I always suspected that the worse games are being made by a team that is making a game while developing new tech for the series, and the good games by a team that gets to utilize the tech from the other team after it's been fixed properly.

hamchan

Wow, kinda surprised by some of these positive Assassin's Creed reviews. Solid contender for Christmas Steam sale.

Syndicate is getting good reviews, will be able to enjoy another wonderful Assassin's Creed game without too much hate this year <3

Every other year man, every other year.

I always suspected that the worse games are being made by a team that is making a game while developing new tech for the series, and the good games by a team that gets to utilize the tech from the other team after it's been fixed properly.

Am I going crazy where second lowest reviews scores in the mainline AC series is considered good?

Patryn

The problem with the AC scores is I don't know if the low numbers are about punishing the series for Unity or about real issues in Syndicate. Similarly, are the high numbers simply because it's AAA or is it decent?

There's a reason I pretty much stopped caring about reviews. And I'm not even saying that all journalists are corrupt, either. I just think there's a ton of factors that get weighed, even subconsciously, that have nothing to do with the game itself.

danm999

I feel like Unity's shit storm didn't fully unleash until the public got their hands on it.

Or am I misremembering?

I think you might be. Reviews for Unity were low. It was getting 7s and 6s from IGN, Gamespot and Polygon. Kotaku gave it a NO. Alex gave it a 2.

What you might be remembering is that it was review embargoed until the minute it was released so the public through time zones and places breaking street date knew it was totally busted ahead of reviewers (or ahead of reviewers being able to tell people).

I remember A Bombing the AM with Scoops and the Wolf where Alex was like finally I can rant about this shitty game.

Patryn

I think you might be. Reviews for Unity were low. It was getting 7s and 6s from IGN, Gamespot and Polygon. Kotaku gave it a NO. Alex gave it a 2.

What you might be remembering is that it was review embargoed until the minute it was released so the public through time zones and places breaking street date knew it was totally busted ahead of reviewers (or ahead of reviewers being able to tell people).

I remember A Bombing the AM with Scoops and the Wolf where Alex was like finally I can rant about this shitty game.

Oh, right!

And the embargo wasn't when it was released, it was noon the day it released, when it came out the midnight before.

So you had that awkward situation where Patrick could talk about it and Alex couldn't say anything, as he was still under embargo!

danm999

Oh, right!

And the embargo wasn't when it was released, it was noon the day it released, when it came out the midnight before.

So you had that awkward situation where Patrick could talk about it and Alex couldn't say anything, as he was still under embargo!

Yeah it was super fucked up. Ubisoft knew what a turd they had on their hands.

Aaron

A GameSpot 9 is good enough for me to put some money down, especially when I am a fan of the series anyway.
The reviewer was on the Lobby, and felt like he was relatively new to reviewing games, and a little too excited about doing it. So I wouldn't trust his review on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom