• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

Drew has never been one to listen to codecs unfortunately, even though the tape replacement in V makes it much better since you can do stuff at the same time.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/betting-the-farmville-part-01/2300-4619/

I think the tapes actually make it worst. Drew could barely remember some of the story details while doing nothing but listening to the codecs. I doubt hes going to get anything from them trying to split attention between whats happening in the game and whats being said on the tapes (with constant interruptions).

So what do people consider the worst GB feature? Didn't much care for Professional Wednesdays and TNT was really hit or miss.

Daily Dota
residentsleeper.png

Jason is awesome but there's few things I want to do less than watch people play fighting games. I'm not sad there hasn't been another Ranking of Fighters. Daily Dota at least could have funny moments.

daydream

Banned
in terms of runtime/entertainment ratio, it's gotta be a certain demo derby spin-off

at least betting the farmville was over quickly and daily dota only took up one person's time

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whiskey Media Happy Hour was terrible 100% of the time. Not Giant Bomb's fault at all, though.

Nah, the episodes were all worth watching. Just never all the way through. There was good content if you watched on replay with a quick fast forward trigger finger. Professional Wednesdays was just a complete waste. It was a terrible Gamespot feature using Giant Bomb set and staff.

Honestly the only feature I never check out is Alt+F1 and that's just because I have no interest at all in racing. I don't have any features on the site that I actually dislike.

Myggen

in terms of runtime/entertainment ratio, it's gotta be a certain demo derby spin-off

at least betting the farmville was over quickly and daily dota only took up one person's time

They record so much of that at the time that I doubt it takes up much time that could be used for other content. The production is likely so streamlined now that it requires no planning.

Also MGScanlon is one of the best features in GB history! Opinions, I guess.

The problem with Daily Dota was that it would almost always follow the same pattern. Brad would pick a core, not farm very well because he's against people that are higher than him because Crispy was in their 5 man stack, then he'd have to play extremely safe while they relied on Crispy to carry them. Add in the fact that Crispy's yelling got old real fast, and nobody wanted to yell at Brad if he was fucking up and the feature just got stale.

daydream

Banned
They record so much of that at the time that I doubt it takes up much time that could be used for other content. The production is likely so streamlined now that it requires no planning.

if that were the case, then there'd be a regular premium series on top of mgscanlon. it is 100% counting toward the amount of premium output they shoot for on a weekly basis

Myggen

if that were the case, then there'd be a regular premium series on top of mgscanlon. it is 100% counting toward the amount of premium output they shoot for on a weekly basis

Would there? Maybe. Anyways, I'm not too bothered since I like the series.

Your pain will be over in three years when they're done with MGSV, daydream.

kvk1

The problem with Daily Dota was that it would almost always follow the same pattern. Brad would pick a core, not farm very well because he's against people that are higher than him because Crispy was in their 5 man stack, then he'd have to play extremely safe while they relied on Crispy to carry them. Add in the fact that Crispy's yelling got old real fast, and nobody wanted to yell at Brad if he was fucking up and the feature just got stale.

I mean, that's Dota. It happens when friends with varying skill levels queue with each other.

Let's not forget the good times. The TB comeback game, the time they got Vinny to play and he damn near owned for a first timer, the "celebrity" guests, etc.

If anything, the matches were long enough that you could always tune in for the banter between the 5 guys. No matter how the game was going.

Congrats Jason and family!

Honestly I had the most fun in that game playing gun dressup, every game should have that feature from now on.

Absolutely, I would research entire lines of guns because the last one had a custom scope/stock/etc. Black Ops 3 will also have something like this, so if it's well implemented, it might get me to buy the game.

Fortunately for me the preorder bonus is something I actively do not want (screw nuketown), so I can afford to wait a few days and see what it's like before I decide to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom