• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

The best beer is cheap and ice cold so it barely has a taste. Fancy beer that tries to actually taste like things are just gross, because the flavor of beer itself is inherently gross and bitter.

repeater

The best beer is cheap and ice cold so it barely has a taste. Fancy beer that tries to actually taste like things are just gross, because the flavor of beer itself is inherently gross and bitter.
image.php

justjim89

I have never had any beer that did not taste absolutely fucking disgusting. Is there just a period of time where you endure it until you like beer?

It got to a point where beer is the most affordable option for getting drunk. So you get it ice cold and drink a bunch until you stop giving a shit.

There's a certain hump you have to get over.

Beer snobs who talk about how "hoppy" a beer tastes just sound silly.

I have never had any beer that did not taste absolutely fucking disgusting. Is there just a period of time where you endure it until you like beer?
There are about 4-5 beers I drink regularly that I genuinely like (Heineken, Stella, Newcastle, Big Boss Bad Penny) but I've never been able to get down with a lot of the craft and microbrews out there. They just go crazy with the hops to differentiate themselves and they're awful.

I can get down with super cheap domestics: Budweiser, PBR, Coors if it's hot as fuck outside and I'm thirsty.

Phantom Pain slowly dropping to #2 ;)
Haven't been following the discussion here on it but what are people thinking is going to be #1? I've thought Mario Maker after the last month.

I thought Skyrim's abortion on PS3 was going to sink it that year but that didn't happen so maybe Phantom Pain will overcome Konami's FOB bullshit.

people who can't stand the taste of beer should just drink redd's apple ale until you're drunk enough that you don't give a shit what your beer tastes like

I don't like bitter stuff so I just drink cider. It's only once i've gotten drunk enough that it tastes like water that I enjoy beer.

I just drank it anyway

It got to a point where beer is the most affordable option for getting drunk. So you get it ice cold and drink a bunch until you stop giving a shit.

There's a certain hump you have to get over.

Beer snobs who talk about how "hoppy" a beer tastes just sound silly.

There are about 4-5 beers I drink regularly that I genuinely like (Heineken, Stella, Newcastle, Big Boss Bad Penny) but I've never been able to get down with a lot of the craft and microbrews out there. They just go crazy with the hops to differentiate themselves and they're awful.

I can get down with super cheap domestics: Budweiser, PBR, Coors if it's hot as fuck outside and I'm thirsty.

Yeeeah, at this point I think it's just too late for beer for me. Whiskey is the only alcoholic anything that I can enjoy. Even with that, I don't buy it.

Haven't been following the discussion here on it but what are people thinking is going to be #1? I've thought Mario Maker after the last month.

I thought Skyrim's abortion on PS3 was going to sink it that year but that didn't happen so maybe Phantom Pain will overcome Konami's FOB bullshit.

Mario Maker is guaranteed #1 at this point. The difference is with MGSV is it's massively messed up on everything. The thing that can stop them from sinking it is that they finished it before the updates.

Yeeeah, at this point I think it's just too late for beer for me. Whiskey is the only alcoholic anything that I can enjoy. Even with that, I don't buy it.
Like what you like man. I don't really understand snobbery about anything but people who get high and mighty about personal beer taste has always been weird to me.

I think beer in general is something you have to get over a hump with gradually anyways. I drank because it's what people did in high school in the rural part of the country I lived and then I eventually began to enjoy it and zeroed in on the ones I liked to drink.

def sim

Well, they all like it very much and they didn't experience any of the balance changes to the economy. I don't think there's much more to it than that.

Like what you like man. I don't really understand snobbery about anything but people who get high and mighty about personal beer taste has always been weird to me.

I think beer in general is something you have to get over a hump with gradually anyways. I drank because it's what people did in high school in the rural part of the country I lived and then I eventually began to enjoy it and zeroed in on the ones I liked to drink.

Yep, there's definitely a social aspect that puts me off beer as well as the taste, especially living in Austin. The way people who clearly have no fucking idea what they're talking about reference the beers and micro-brews and shit that they like is the worst.

I've never had a cider, but I love non-alcoholic apple-based beverages a lot. Any recommendations, y'all?

Yep, there's definitely a social aspect that puts me off beer as well as the taste, especially living in Austin. The way people who clearly have no fucking idea what they're talking about reference the beers and micro-brews and shit that they like is the worst.

I've never had a cider, but I love non-alcoholic apple-based beverages a lot. Any recommendations, y'all?

Angry Orchard is an apple cider. It's good.

I could see Fallout taking it, even if it's "just" more Fallout.
I'd be genuinely shocked if that happened. FO3 didn't make Jeff, Brad or Vinny's top 10 in 2008 and while I anticipate this game being a lot more refined and better I don't think most of the staff is in love with the series. It's probably a comfortable top 10 pick but even top 5 would surprise me.

I hope somebody in GB West gives the Steam controller a good long try. It's pretty awesome, and gets better as they update it and the community creates configs.

Zabant

I get what you're saying, but people who only drink bud light calling others beer snobs is like someone who only eats Taco Bell calling people who enjoy all types of cuisine 'food snobs'

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wasn't Fallout 3 one of the original "2009's 2008 Game of the Year" games? I think it was 2009 where it pretty much dominated discussion on the podcast for a while because everybody was either staggered in playing it or picking it up again when DLC came out.

An-Det

Wasn't Fallout 3 one of the original "2009's 2008 Game of the Year" games? I think it was 2009 where it pretty much dominated discussion on the podcast for a while because everybody was either staggered in playing it or picking it up again when DLC came out.

Yup, it was talked about at launch but it really took hold in 2009 when there was discussion almost every week as Brad started it and the dlc trickled out, and then into a chunk of 2010 when Vinny played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom