• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocked it like a little white kid

CSC1dWIXAAEB0yk.jpg:medium

hamchan

Guitar Hero seems much cooler than Rock Band this year.

As much as people on GAF have liked to side with Rock Band over the Activision owned Guitar Hero, I think Guitar Hero really brought much more originality this year while Rock Band was the same old thing. Rock Band has even failed to do their DLC stuff right, which is the main point of it existing on the new platforms.

Love that they're doing that Sony Paris Games Week stream (if that's what Brad was referring to). It's essentially what Sony's Gamescom conference would've been and we know how interesting those can be for Giant Bomb Live Streams (CRAZY CAMERA!!!!).

Also, from that John Vignocchi podcast, sounds like there will be something PSX related as well. Jeff said he's going, which obviously makes sense as its in San Francisco this year. It sounded like (at least Vignocchi hoped) there would be an after party or something at Giant Bomb.

rqVvXl6.png

oh dan. I think this might be the first AC i play since black flag. i really dug that one but unity seemed like a boring mess. i have really great memories of 2 and black flag.

Dan Ryckert, representing America, playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

The puckish rogue persona that Alex mentioned about AC protagonists now sticks out to me every time they speak. Ugh.

rqVvXl6.png

oh dan. I think this might be the first AC i play since black flag. i really dug that one but unity seemed like a boring mess. i have really great memories of 2 and black flag.
His hometown team is mere outs away from the World Series again and he's at home playing a video game. Paul would be pissed.

Edit: I totally jinxed it.

Lijik

Ive only seen this a bit of this stream and the QL, but the jaunty victorian strings that seemingly play every time you get into a fist fight with dudes makes me laugh every time. I love it.

Rainmaker

Banned
And Brad's Extra Life stream feature Peeg Check-ins.

People gripe at Brad a lot for what he plays but I always enjoyed his chill Extra Life streams with the peegs. I really hope he doesn't skip out on doing one this year but I think he's already said he's not sure about doing it again. Brad is great.

People gripe at Brad a lot for what he plays but I always enjoyed his chill Extra Life streams with the peegs. I really hope he doesn't skip out on doing one this year but I think he's already said he's not sure about doing it again. Brad is great.

Not everyone can carry a solo stream, especially for 24 hours. Brad is great at it, and I think Jeff could pull it off too.

If Dan isn't doing a stream in the office with others, he and Brad should do their streams together. It's only natural since they're the same person.

Yeah, I always thought those streams were super cool. I don't think anyone on staff besides Brad has the right mix of games he can play for hours, endurance, and Skype contact list to make it work.

tuxfool

Banned

I also enjoy the fact that for the last third of it he is really suffering, then once it is over, he plays several matches of DOTA.

I'd kinda rather they didn't do Extra Live streams themed around one thing. The one a couple of years ago with Drew, Ian, Alexis, Vinny and Jeff just hanging out and playing games and eating pizza for twenty four hours is some of my favorite content they've ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom