• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm watching random Mario Maker stream on Twitch while eating breakfast and I just realized that because of GB I had completely forgotten that there is a New Super Mario tileset and this is bumming me out...

Sure the first 3 tilesets are better but I wish they would play a bit more in the NSMU stuff...

So I'm watching random Mario Maker stream on Twitch while eating breakfast and I just realized that because of GB I had completely forgotten that there is a New Super Mario tileset and this is bumming me out...

Sure the first 3 tilesets are better but I wish they would play a bit more in the NSMU stuff...

Dan said that he has a weird bug in that he can't even access the NSMU tileset for some reason. Maybe whenever they release an update it'll fix itself.

Hindl

I do wish they had a nicer aesthetic, because the addition of the triple jump and air stalls allow you to do some pretty cool stuff in nsmbu tileset

So I was just listening to the Beastcast and they got to the first email in which they do the read for a Power Rangers intro and thought I'd check the guy's Youtube channel to see if he finished the thing already. I go to Youtube and the video was uploaded 24 seconds ago, what a great timing.

So here it is, Giant Bomb Power Rangers!

That is ridiculous, holy shit, so good.

This week's UPF is no where near the shitshow I had hoped, far too professional.

I'm not a huge music guy, but I had an immediate negative reaction to Dan saying the Weezer sucks. Ha, ha. Usually that stuff doesn't get to me. I have no idea why it hit a chord that time. We are a slave to our brains I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff and Brad's reaction to Dan bashing Weezer on the GHL quicklook was amazing lol

def sim

I'm not a huge music guy, but I had an immediate negative reaction to Dan saying the Weezer sucks. Ha, ha. Usually that stuff doesn't get to me. I have no idea why it hit a chord that time. We are a slave to our brains I guess.

Weezer is music from my childhood and on that I haven't grown to hate so I reacted kind of the same way. Jeff and Brad were good, hilarious surrogates in that moment in the quick look at least.

Zaph

"I never loved you. I want a divorce"

Someway, somehow we need more D&D content from GB. Even if east coast has to clear out a basement or something to find room.

Myggen

Dang y'all. It was a funny moment in the quick look. I don't think anyone is actually mad at Dan; just having conversation about it over here.

It's more the comment section. If you want to see some people angry at Dan for saying a band sucks you need to look no further.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
dan is totally right in that mailbag

just be laid back about people's music choices, different strokes and all that

skynyrd are better though right guys? agree with me

Goron2000

best junior ever
So I was just listening to the Beastcast and they got to the first email in which they do the read for a Power Rangers intro and thought I'd check the guy's Youtube channel to see if he finished the thing already. I go to Youtube and the video was uploaded 24 seconds ago, what a great timing.

So here it is, Giant Bomb Power Rangers!
This is incredible. Dan and Danny replacing bulk and skull made me laugh quite a bit.

justjim89

The one thing I don't like about the Beastcast is they never really talk about what they've been playing, unless it's that week's release. I know they want to have their own format, but I'd enjoy a "What have you been playing?" segment.

Haunted

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT LOADOUTS

truly F rank intel

(yes, I'm a couple episodes behind with MGScanlon :p)

I honestly didn't use different loadouts, I preferred taking the time to go through and pick out everything one by one. Made me have to think more about what exactly I was doing.

truly F rank intel

I didn't know that as well. I reached 85% with the game and only then I knew when I watched the video. I always just switched the weapons I wanted to take with me depending on the mission lol.

truly F rank intel

I think a lot of us didn't realize. I pretty much take the same stuff into every mission, so there was no reason for me to look for loadouts. Seemed pretty obvious once I realized, though.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Weezer is terrible, but Lynyrd Skynyrd is worse.

And ACDC is the Nickelback of the 80s. Boom.

Agreed on all of these.

Weezer and Lynyrd Skynyrd both have one good album. LS have one exceptional song so I'm inclined to favour them but then I remember all the confederate flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom