• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabronium

So I was just listening to the Beastcast and they got to the first email in which they do the read for a Power Rangers intro and thought I'd check the guy's Youtube channel to see if he finished the thing already. I go to Youtube and the video was uploaded 24 seconds ago, what a great timing.

So here it is, Giant Bomb Power Rangers!

Awesome. So awesome. I would happily buy a print if someone drew this up.

Oh no, top of page, what to do...*runs and hides*

erawsd

So I'm watching random Mario Maker stream on Twitch while eating breakfast and I just realized that because of GB I had completely forgotten that there is a New Super Mario tileset and this is bumming me out...

Sure the first 3 tilesets are better but I wish they would play a bit more in the NSMU stuff...

Aesthetically its the worst but the best levels I've played are easily NSMB because that wall jump is some next level shit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I was just listening to the Beastcast and they got to the first email in which they do the read for a Power Rangers intro and thought I'd check the guy's Youtube channel to see if he finished the thing already. I go to Youtube and the video was uploaded 24 seconds ago, what a great timing.

So here it is, Giant Bomb Power Rangers!

That guy had to look for a shot of Jeff's crotch and zoom in on it. Think about it

Replaying Unity for my AC fix while I wait for Syndicate. Still insane how good it looks on the PC and I really hope they're taking the time to make it match Unity given they don't need to downgrade it on PC like they had to on consoles for better performance. Even a year after launch it's still the best looking game available, or at least on this scale.

tuxfool

Banned
Replaying Unity for my AC fix while I wait for Syndicate. Still insane how good it looks on the PC and I really hope they're taking the time to make it match Unity given they don't need to downgrade it on PC like they had to on consoles for better performance. Even a year after launch it's still the best looking game available, or at least on this scale.

For one thing the Unity lighting engine is out. They have gone back to Dynamic TOD, so they can no longer bake 30GB of GI data into the game.

So don't get your hopes up to high.

For one thing the Unity lighting engine is out. They have gone back to Dynamic TOD, so they can no longer bake 30GB of GI data into the game.

So don't get your hopes up to high.
I know the amazing lighting has been heavily changed but one can at least hope for the specular highlights, higher quality character models, and blood stains to be added back or at least kept. It's really bizarre that the blood has been removed after being present in the last 4 games. Unity had one of the best blood systems in the business as it'd dynamically spray over the environment. Completely gone in Syndicate!

And they could also have a population toggle in the same way that the GTA games do to match Unity's crowds.

Sword Coast Legends could not look more generic if they tried

Yeah, it doesn't look great imo. It's more work but i'd still prefer to just get people together for a game of D&D or such than play a watered down digital version. I'm disappointed Nintendo never tried to do an asymmetric RPG on the Wii U. The DM could use the gamepad and the players could use controllers.

Hot Wheels World's Best Driver

bnfghna3ssn.jpg

tuxfool

Banned
I know the amazing lighting has been heavily changed but one can at least hope for the specular highlights, higher quality character models, and blood stains to be added back or at least kept. It's really bizarre that the blood has been removed after being present in the last 4 games. Unity had one of the best blood systems in the business as it'd dynamically spray over the environment. Completely gone in Syndicate!

And they could also have a population toggle in the same way that the GTA games do to match Unity's crowds.

Yeah, the blood in Syndicate looks a bit tacky.

Honestly I don't think Unity style crowds are all that necessary. They could splurge in GPU and CPU time for Unity because they justified it in the setting, but London doesn't entirely need those crowds. I shudder to think how the carriages would interact with high density crowds.

I like how Bethesda sent out giant Vault guy statutes to the press.

Sending giant shit to clog up the office is something most publishers stopped doing but they are doubling down with this statue thing.

I like how Bethesda sent out giant Vault guy statutes to the press.

Sending giant shit to clog up the office is something most publishers stopped doing but they are doubling down with this statue thing.

Considering how many people/press at their conference started screaming when they announced their fallout amiibos, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are still excited to have them.

Myggen

Considering how many people/press at their conference started screaming when they announced their fallout amiibos, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are still excited to have them.

Don't assume it's press screaming, there's a ton of super fans at those things who are there to make noise.

Don't assume it's press screaming, there's a ton of super fans at those things who are there to make noise.

You're right. I know the crowd is not all press, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of lower end reviewers/press managed to get into the show and were Bethesda super fans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom