• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm an idiot who spends way to much money on games, so I usually end up owning everything. I mean, I'm a dummy who has now bought 2 Vitas because I broke one. No one should take financial advice from me.

I bought a new vita slim because I wanted to own my portables in pink/white whenever I can, even though my vita worked perfectly fine.

I did the same with the N3DS.

So I guess I win
/lose
?

yami4ct

I bought two PSTVs and a Vita.

Did you buy at least one of those Vita TVs near the original price? That's the point where you might be able to top me.

I've kind of considered the Vita TV at the current sale price. The idea of owning it so I can play P4:G on my TV is pretty appealing. I hope someone roots it some day to the point we can play a bunch of emulated games and fan translated stuff on it. At that point, it becomes really interesting.

I bought a new vita slim because I wanted to own my portables in pink/white whenever I can, even though my vita worked perfectly fine.

I did the same with the N3DS.

So I guess I win
/lose
?

I owned like 5 DSes by the end and I'm on my 3rd 3DS (Launch, XL and the Monster Hunter N3DS XL). When it comes to Nintendo portables, I always end up with way too many. Man I love handhelds.

santeesioux

Let's be real here, there's few gaming related things better than hooking up your PC to your tv and connecting a controller to it. I'm really looking forward to doing that with Fallout 4.

Did you buy at least one of those Vita TVs near the original price? That's the point where you might be able to top me.

I've kind of considered the Vita TV at the current sale price. The idea of owning it so I can play P4:G on my TV is pretty appealing. I hope someone roots it some day to the point we can play a bunch of emulated games and fan translated stuff on it. At that point, it becomes really interesting.

A bit more lol. The first one is a Japanese import that I had to pay duties on and couldn't even play the game thing for a while. The second one was "oh hey $40 for Boxing Day? That's a good price to switch the X and O buttons back to normal." That second one is still sealed.

Anyone can see raw monetary cost benefit over an extended period of time. The issue is that it's combined with time, effort, and knowledge that most people don't have versus a dramatically lower cost and plug-and-play ease for what most people would consider good enough for them. The grand majority of gamers don't care about spending $800+ on a series of things they then have to study and spend hours putting together for their first try (I'm referencing that twitch stream a lot today lol). PC gaming is easier and cheaper than it's ever been, but the distance between ease of entry for hardcore and the "average/casual" (grand majority) gamer is still massive.
I don't know why you're bringing up these other factors that have nothing to do with what I said.

You said you don't agree that PC gaming is less expensive, and I've explained how it often is. Now you're just trying to walk it back.

yami4ct

A bit more lol. The first one is a Japanese import that I had to pay duties on and couldn't even play the game thing for a while. The second one was "oh hey $40 for Boxing Day? That's a good price to switch the X and O buttons back to normal." That second one is still sealed.

You actually imported the original? Ouch. I almost bought into the hype of the device, but I never went that far. If I had some spare cash sitting around at the time, I could've seen myself going down that dark road.

The only reason I didn't import a Vita Slim this time to get one of the special colors was I was a bit cash strapped and it took a bit of doing to scrape together enough for a vanilla US one.

as we get closer

it's pretty exciting

I mean, I've never finished a fallout game, but it was never about finishing them, it was about doing stuff

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fallout 4 is going to have to wait though.

Trails in the sky second chapter coming soon bitches. With an even more "holy shit it's that close" announcement than fallout.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Let's be real here, there's few gaming related things better than hooking up your PC to your tv and connecting a controller to it. I'm really looking forward to doing that with Fallout 4.

The first time playing your PC on a big screen after only having played console games is a pretty stellar moment.

yami4ct

Trails in the sky second chapter coming soon bitches. With an even more "holy shit it's that close" announcement than fallout.

My man!

I've accepted that as a gamer I've sort of grown passed the Bethesda RPG now. It just doesn't do much for me. Unless reviews come out and they say Fallout 4 is a massive shift in the formula, I'm probably not going to play it. It's pretty liberating because now it means I have time to play Trails in the Sky SC, Tales of Zestiria, Trails of Cold Steel, finish the Witcher 3, etc. All of those are things I'm going to probably enjoy more than Fallout 4. No offense to those that just want more Bethesda Fallout, it just seems played out to me.

justjim89

Really hyped for Fallout 4. Been going through Fallout 3 this week and just reinstalled Fallout 1 and 2 from GOG.

tumblr_inline_nwritxwOPb1r76lqg_1280.jpg

Fresh, new Fallout doesn't sound bad at all right now.

I know they won't, but I'd like to see Bethesda bring Fallout: Vault to PC and consoles. My phone's screen is just not big enough. I think the game would get much more playtime from me if they did.

yami4ct

You're right. Persona 5 is my summer game.

Please end up being a near simultaneous release. Please. Atlus has gotten closer and closer to the dream. They can totally pull it off.

(Also, if any Persona game needed a Dual Audio Option, it's P5. It has Char and Gintoki in it for god's sake!)

I know they won't, but I'd like to see Bethesda bring Fallout: Vault to PC and consoles. My phone's screen is just not big enough. I think the game would get much more playtime from me if they did.

The thing you quickly find out about Fallout Shelter is that it's not a very good mobile game. This is from someone who's gotten deep into a few micro transaction heavy mobile games.

justjim89

No doubt, but hopefully it's still fun, I keep having a feeling that it'll be barebones for some reason.

It's probably due to all the stripped down RPG elements but that doesn't mean it can't have depth.

Especially after some modding. Week 1 guaranteed there'll be plenty of mods for rebalancing difficulty and probably for making it more of an RPG.

It's been 5 years since New Vegas. I gotta admit, that's a good cooking time. Their e3 conferenc was also pretty hype(except for the stupid card game) as far as conferences go

Damn straight! Was thinking of maybe getting Halo or something in November, but that game is priority number 1. FC is one of my favorite games I've played in a while.

What I remember the most about PC gaming on a Tv was the amount of times I needed a mouse because some garbage popped up or minimized the game and I couldn't get back with the controller. Especially Steam Big Picture loved to crash and overlay the crash message over the game.

hamchan

What I remember the most about PC gaming on a Tv was the amount of times I needed a mouse because some garbage popped up or minimized the game and I couldn't get back with the controller. Especially Steam Big Picture loved to crash and overlay the crash message over the game.

Sounds your inability to manage whatever programs you're running.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Two things:

BPM is way better now.

If you've got a smart phone or tablet or whatever, get an app that lets you control your PC. On Android I've got an app called "Unified Remote" and its magnificent. Has a ton of built in remotes but all your really need is the one that treats your phone like a trackpad with mouse keys, and has a button for opening up the keyboard to make typing way easy. Its incredibly convenient.

Sounds your inability to manage whatever programs you're running.

Yea, I had tons of IMs and shit open and never thought to close them.

Two things:

BPM is way better now.

If you've got a smart phone or tablet or whatever, get an app that lets you control your PC. On Android I've got an app called "Unified Remote" and its magnificent. Has a ton of built in remotes but all your really need is the one that treats your phone like a trackpad with mouse keys, and has a button for opening up the keyboard to make typing way easy. Its incredibly convenient.

Yes, at some point I did just that, but it always was annoying. I hoped there would be a mode where you "force" the game to stay open and not to lose focus because you change settings or because it installed updates or because there was a Windows notification.

Zoggy

Guys my farts are straight ******* nasty right now. i think i'm gonna vomit

had nothing but meatballs and diet soda for the past two days and these farts are disgusting. this is the worst i've ever had.

they're loud, long, and smell so bad i left my room for five minutes. Then my family complained because i started farting in the hallway.

also they're so vibrant when i fart I can FEEL the fart ride the back of my butt and come the back of the chair i'm sitting.

oti

Banned

had nothing but meatballs and diet soda for the past two days and these farts are disgusting. this is the worst i've ever had.

they're loud, long, and smell so bad i left my room for five minutes. Then my family complained because i started farting in the hallway.

also they're so vibrant when i fart I can FEEL the fart ride the back of my butt and come the back of the chair i'm sitting.

why

tumblr_mhetz7fi921qblic4o1_400.gif

The poop emoji smiling on the package always gets me.

wonzo

Banned

dont ever stop posting

JJDubz

ParallelEnviousIndochinahogdeer.gif

Man Sword Coast Legends looks underwhelming and the Steam reviews seem to back this impression. A shame really.

Yup.

It's a concept with great potential, but I dunno if any company actually wants to make something that big and open nowadays. They hamstrung SCL's gameplay for mass appeal, and crippled the DM/modding side of things for the sake of DLC; a NWN-style game may well be an anachronism in these times. A shame and a bummer.

Xater

Yup.

It's a concept with great potential, but I dunno if any company actually wants to make something that big and open nowadays. They hamstrung SCL's gameplay for mass appeal, and crippled the DM/modding side of things for the sake of DLC; a NWN-style game may well be an anachronism in these times. A shame and a bummer.

Yeah I'd rather pay some modules for NWN than this game. And if I want the online D&D experience I'd probably choose to play on Roll20 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom