• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

It's probably a combination of this being a more press-centric event and them not having an "audience mic" like they have at E3.

Yeah it is just strange because a lot of the presenters seem to stop expecting a reaction and then have to continue on when it doesn't come. These events are always weird.

Lijik

i hope you can set doors to go to a random dream made by any player. My hope is just jump from scene to scene like a DIY LSD Dream Simulator

strafer

Hey y'all!

We'll live streaming again this Wednesday, and while we'll most likely be finishing up Episode 2 of Life is Strange and maybe get into some of Episode 3 after that we've been thinking of making the show a 1-shot for games. I originally envisioned it as a place to try out a bunch of stuff we're either missing out on or haven't had time to check out but getting locked into one game defeats that purpose.

We may continue Life is Strange in a Playdate. That is a premium piece of content, so I don't want folks to feel like it's a bait-and-switch. Let me know what you guys think below, but that's the direction we're leaning right now. I like the idea of constantly testing games out in one feature, and if folks and we are interested in pursuing them further, do it in another feature for us and those people and leave the testing ground for people to recommend new games.

--Vinny

Yay

It is reeeeally easy to be cynical about how high-concept they talk about this game, but I still don't get it. Maybe my subconscious is boring, because my dreams aren't abstract in the ways this game is.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everyone
quips
too
much

Cena+elephant+noises.gif

yami4ct

Is the concept that the dream they entered is made by another player?

Everything thing they've said about it makes it sound like yes. The whole idea is that people make all kinds of experiences and share them.

No new Valkyria Chronicles yet. My hope for that showing here is fading fast.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This looks like a game that sounds super fun and as soon as I buy it I realise I have no imagination and don't like creating my own levels.

Myggen

Everything thing they've said about it makes it sound like yes. The whole idea is that people make all kinds of experiences and share them.

No new Valkyria Chronicles yet. My hope for that showing here is fading fast.

Interesting. I want to see what the gameplay actually is though.

yami4ct

Interesting. I want to see what the gameplay actually is though.

Yeah. They've talked about it as being something that can make all kinds of experiences, not just games. Weird music things, things that look sort of like art installations, etc. It seems really ambitious and weird. It's definitely got potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom