• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

Project Spark is more modular. You use premade assets and scripting to make games. Dreams might have scripting (i'm not sure) but I think the players use the in-game mechanics to make the assets.

yeah, it feels like something like i dunno Magic Pengal/Graffiti Kingdom applied to the LBP mindset

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
This looks like an interesting dream

keqXtVw.gif

Given the trademark application, a new VC is absolutely happening. As has been mentioned in the other thread, even if it's mobile, Sega is going to put the work in. It's going to hopefully be very exciting.

Mobile would kill me unless it was like a mobile/vita thing.

VC4 for PS4 would be the dream though.

Lijik

if this game doesnt let you use the ps4 camera to stream Stark Facecam to other characters why even bother
edit: oh right its a VR game already forgot!

repeater

Not to sound pessimistic, but realistically how big can multiplayer VR PS4 shooter be? Its audience must be a fraction of a niche.
I don't think they've said it will be exclusive to PSVR, have they? It might be "Better with VR" or something which could potentially give them a wider playerbase, but I dunno.

yami4ct

Mobile would kill me unless it was like a mobile/vita thing.

VC4 for PS4 would be the dream though.

You could absolutely make a mobile VC game that's very good.

SEGA tends to go with new IP for mobile anyway, and it's not like the VC IP is super in the public consciousness and worth exploiting in that fashion.

in what year do you think we'll solve the issue of trying to demonstrate VR games on a stage without looking like fools?

They way they do it is really weird. You should just show the game, don't have a weird reaction cam next to it like "this is what you'll look like!!" Let players use their imagination what it'll be like if you're in VR playing what they showed.

Myggen

I don't think they've said it will be exclusive to PSVR, have they? It might be "Better with VR" or something which could potentially give them a wider playerbase, but I dunno.

They said it was for VR I think. Don't know if they used the word "exclusive".

While I can see that being true, VR best practice is to not do that.

That game looked like a motion sickness torture machine.

Given the trademark application, a new VC is absolutely happening. As has been mentioned in the other thread, even if it's mobile, Sega is going to put the work in. It's going to hopefully be very exciting.

I was hoping to see something of it here, maybe at PSX?

I still think it's some sort of VC spin-off, like a character action game where you play as a Valkyria or something. That sounds like something crazy stupid they can do, right?

Also where's that Dangranronpa VR demo thing. That thing looks fucking crazy.

You could absolutely make a mobile VC game that's very good.

SEGA tends to go with new IP for mobile anyway, and it's not like the VC IP is super in the public consciousness and worth exploiting in that fashion.

Im not saying it wouldn't be good. I just dont like playing games on mobile. Though i do have a Sony Xperia so i could hook up a dualshock to it if i really wantes. I just like playing games more on my vita or console which is why I'd want a multiplatform release.

yami4ct

I was hoping to see something of it here, maybe at PSX?

I still think it's some sort of VC spin-off, like a character action game where you play as a Valkyria or something. That sounds like something crazy stupid they can do, right?

Also where's that Dangranronpa VR demo thing. That thing looks fucking crazy.

Given the way VC is named in Japan, I think a soft reboot set in a different country is the most likely outcome.

The Danganronpa VR thing is purely a tech demo. There's no game associated with it right now, so I'm not surprised it wouldn't be on a stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom