• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Yep. People are seeing Oculus/Vive footage (from SLI Titan machines) and thinking a PS4 is going to render that on PSVR are going to be really disappointed.

That's something that VR is going to have to tackle. PC VR side is going to gain a high end reputation only due to the price and PSVR won't be all that capable.

Spoiler: Tekken VR isn't going to be first person.

That's something that VR is going to have to tackle. PC VR side is going to gain a high end reputation only due to the price and PSVR won't be all that capable.

Aye. I'm confident there will be interesting VR experiences on PSVR, but they won't be the same things you're seeing on PC.

daydream

Banned
ffxiv already has a first person perspective so i can roleplay as my catgirl whenever i feel like it

it's a terrible way to play

Lijik

I imagine you'll be the camera watching the fight as if you were a member of the audience. Could be a super cool demo, but I doubt anyone actually will want to play the game that way.

could be really cool for like watching replays or something

Zaph

I really worry about this. Sony keeps showing stuff like that and say it's on PSVR, and it's a lie. Same with how Microsoft is showing hololens.

It's definitely a problem for both VR/AR. I understand the need to embellish a bit when your demo might look underwhelming on a normal screen, but there has to be better ways to get your message across rather than setting expectations way too high.

yami4ct

could be really cool for like watching replays or something

Eh. Who's going to put a headset on just to watch a fight replay. I also imagine the fact they can't really rotate the camera around as fast due to motion sickness issues will limit the information you can get out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom