• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
actually, i don't want more sf2 characters, i was just wondering why certain characters were missing

if anything, i think it would be cool to see more weird picks from the ex and alpha series and maybe a character from third strike thrown in for good measure. i say "would be cool" cause 'want' would imply i was actually going to play that game which is probably not going to happen
But who would a Balrog or Honda replace then? There's just not enough room unless you remove newcomers or returning Alpha characters and that would create the "boring" roster I mentioned in that post.

dxMeWrc.png

Austin <3

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man only just saw the Wild reveal on the GB archive, their reactions were priceless.

Tubobutts

I'm going to vote for Crusader Kings forever because it will never win.

Also GBEAST should look at Vermintide since I'll never get to play it probably.

daydream

Banned
But who would a Balrog or Honda replace then? There's just not enough room unless you remove newcomers or returning Alpha characters and that would create the "boring" roster I mentioned in that post.

i guess you're right, yes

and the starting roster is probably not even that important to begin with since they're probablly gonna add a whole bunch of dlc characters over the lifespan of that thing

BanGy.nz

Banned
I know that the same thing happened to truthtellah on the site, and she seems to be talking about maybe quitting the site as a result. Which is sad because she's always been one of my favourite commenters on the site. Sometimes trying to be even handed just comes off as unfair and tone death.
Gators ruin everything.

Does GB have a policy on nudity? Could they get in trouble with someone if they play Phantasmagoria 2 and tits show up?
Dan asked if they were allowed to show nudity in the Afro Samurai 2 quick look and Jason said it was fine.

One of my ssds died last week and I lost all my save files that weren't held on the steam cloud.......and my prized gif folder.

FStop7

Banned
Seems like the mods got tired of the SXSW comment section. I got flagged so many times by Gators today that I lost the ability to comment, so the mods decided to wait for me to get those back in a week or something instead of restoring them manually. I think that's a pretty bad way to try to cool down a comment section, but it's not the end of the world.

Again, such Casper Milquetoast bullshit. I'm so tired of seeing how terrified and non-confrontational people in the tech/games industries are when it comes to showing an ounce of spine and pushing back against these dipshit GG creepers rather than punishing _everyone_ in some meek hope that it will all just go away. Fuck that noise. /rant

Giant Bomb should be embarrassed for themselves and for their mods, especially not even a day after Jeff personally called out SXSW.

Jintor

section where dude was on stage just listing names was great. "Okay if you say each name real slow and wait for applause we can stretch outlike one, maybe two minutes

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I have a lot of k-on gifs I want to post in reaction to a lot of things, but I don't want to become the k-on gif person like you're the chloe moretz gif person and stump is the wacky asian lady gif person.

no offense to sleeping lesson who by all accounts seems like a good person, but at least with stump you get some variety in your gif material

Again, such Casper Milquetoast bullshit. I'm so tired of seeing how terrified and non-confrontational people in the tech/games industries are when it comes to showing an ounce of spine and pushing back against these dipshit GG creepers rather than punishing _everyone_ in some meek hope that it will all just go away. Fuck that noise. /rant

Giant Bomb should be embarrassed for themselves and for their mods, especially not even a day after Jeff personally called out SXSW.

I agree.

I find the way NeoGAF deals with these dicks pretty refreshing.

popo

I agree.

Come on now. They have a hard job so I am not pointing fingers but there have been plenty of GAF threads that have gotten out of hand and bans have been wielded like they were a full auto shotgun, with collateral damage all over the place. It is one reason l don't engage in any serious topics on GAF. Too easy to get mown down in the crossfire.

It is one reason l don't engage in any serious topics on GAF. Too easy to get mown down in the crossfire.

It sounds like a lesson well learned!

I think sites need to understand more that the idea they owe anyone the 'right of free speech' as a private outlet is complete bullshit.

They get to decide who is and isn't welcome and I wish less divisive weirdos were welcome in certain places, GB being one of those places.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
speaking of not engaging in serious topics, pour one out for jeevesmeister

chloemoretzpouringoneout.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I agree.

I agree with your agreement and also the second statement

Come on now. They have a hard job so I am not pointing fingers but there have been plenty of GAF threads that have gotten out of hand and bans have been wielded like they were a full auto shotgun, with collateral damage all over the place. It is one reason l don't engage in any serious topics on GAF. Too easy to get mown down in the crossfire.

I've engaged in those topics using some pretty heated language (I called some people in the AC; Syndicate review thread a "fucking embarrassment", to point at a recent example) and felt pretty safe that I would not get banned, and lo and behold - I'm still here. Don't be an ignorant asshole, it works pretty well. In Gaming at least I almost never see bans that I've found undeserving.

Zaph

speaking of not engaging in serious topics, pour one out for jeevesmeister

chloemoretzpouringoneout.gif
Anytime I look at an older GBGaf thread, I'm surprised by all the gray names and wonder who of us is next...

It's totally Stump. One day he'll accidentally post a gif from his 'other' folder.

Bacon

Most of the collateral damage as you describe is like a month ban at most so it's really not a big deal. If you are a real shithead you get perma'd

justjim89

I didn't see much from the Sony stream except Horizon onward. I miss anything good? The Wild reveal was hilarious.

Been sucked into Fallout 1 hardcore past few days, I never expected that to happen. I never really like it other times I've tried it, but this time it's got me good.

danm999

I feel a bit sorry for them that there was basically a flood of new posters in that SXSW article that were being directed there by gators, whereas on GAF they don't have to deal with that because of how GAF approval works.

To be fair, he was being fairly caustic.

Yeah I was reading that exchange regarding Hillary and was increasingly shaking my head at some of that stuff.

Hope he's back but he might need to tone it down in OT threads in the future.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd actually prefer the pure David Cage experience.

Particularly as we already know how trite the subject matter will be.

No dude it's gonna deal with like, racism!
(by using an attractive white robot lady as stand-in for minorities)

It's gonna deal with like, what it means to be human!
The humans are the real monsters! Robots are nice!

tbf I'm looking forward to this because there isn't enough super high budget narrative games being made and David Cage is always at least entertaining even if his writing isn't amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom