• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionicpuppy

Giant Bomb Producter/Bufu Caster
"We may continue Life is Strange in a Playdate. That is a premium piece of content, so I don't want folks to feel like it's a bait-and-switch"

I don't want folks to feel like its a bait-and-switch, but here is the bait and switch

Ahem, I believe I told you explicitly not to feel that way. What are you doing?!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know, somebody should at least play the Hearts of Stone expansion for Witcher 3. It tells a pretty neat little story, is short and focused and they even provide a Level 32 Geralt if you're not that far.
Also that wedding quest is super fun.

Having other games take its place in Choose Our Own Adventure makes it sufficiently less of a bait and switch. But I am premium so maybe that affects my view.

Everyone should vote for a Divinity Original Sin playdate imo

Co-op with Vinny and Austin would be pretty great.

You know, they should play the Hearts of Stone expansion for Witcher. It tells a pretty neat little story, is short and focused and they even provide a Level 32 Geralt if you're not that far.
Also that wedding quest is super fun.

Does importing your main save bring any benefits into Hearts of Stone?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Does importing your main save bring any benefits into Hearts of Stone?

It's not really importing your save, you just choose keep going with your "main Geralt"

You guys gotta give it up. Your only going break your heart.

BUT THAT WEDDING QUEST IS SO FUN.
I've already given up on GotY, but there is still DLC of the year right? Right? RIGHT?

javac

You know, I always find both Jeff's and Brad's laughs to be super infectious. I can't help but just laugh along which makes segments like the WILD gameplay just hysterical. People generally act like they're negative towards a lot of stuff but I don't really feel that way. A happy Jeff makes me super happy and a laughing Brad makes me laugh twice as hard which is why I love the Mario Maker segments, you can tell Jeff is totally into it and infatuated by all the crazy shit that you can come up with to fuck people over. Man...I love these guys. The whole crew is awesome it goes without saying!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Heart of Stone is really really good but it's also a bunch more difficult than the base game and expects you to have a good handle on the mechanics. They give you the option to go in with a 32 character but I'm not sure that's a great idea for the crew.

Also I really don't care. I've played it, I've liked it. I don't need validation.

I'm suspended from commenting on the site for a few days, so won't be able to vote for Phantamagoria :(

what did you do?

Myggen

what did you do?

Seems like the mods got tired of the SXSW comment section. I got flagged so many times by Gators today that I lost the ability to comment, so the mods decided to wait for me to get those back in a week or something instead of restoring them manually. I think that's a pretty bad way to try to cool down a comment section, but it's not the end of the world.

But can you really break...

... a heart of stone?
tcGQRHx.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like the mods got tired of the SXSW comment section. I got flagged so many times by Gators today that I lost the ability to comment, so the mods decided to wait for me to get those back in a week or something instead of restoring them manually. I think that's a pretty bad way to try to cool down a comment section, but it's not the end of the world.

That's really fucking shitty if you ask me. I'd be mad. But also glad because fuck, arguing with idiots is the worst. I needed a reminder of that the other day and boy did I get it, arguing about Quiet on GB's comments.

daydream

Banned
I actually think the lineup is a little too calculated.

They got 16 characters in the vanilla release. Exactly half of them are main SF characters that are very recognizable to the general public. The other 8 consist of exactly 4 newcomers and exactly 4 you haven't seen in a while. That's pretty much the safest way to create a Street Fighter roster. You seem to actually want even more SF2 characters, which people would probably criticize for being boring or forgetting fans of other entries in the genre.
I think they made the mistake to have all the lesser known returning characters be from Alpha instead of also having a 3s, a SF4 or even a EX character in there, but Karin, Mika and Nash were very popular in the polls and Birdie is just an excellent redesign, so I won't complain.

actually, i don't want more sf2 characters, i was just wondering why certain characters were missing

if anything, i think it would be cool to see more weird picks from the ex and alpha series and maybe a character from third strike thrown in for good measure. i say "would be cool" cause 'want' would imply i was actually going to play that game which is probably not going to happen

Myggen

That's really fucking shitty if you ask me. I'd be mad. But also glad because fuck, arguing with idiots is the worst. I needed a reminder of that the other day and boy did I get it, arguing about Quiet on GB's comments.

I know that the same thing happened to truthtellah on the site, and she seems to be talking about maybe quitting the site as a result. Which is sad because she's always been one of my favourite commenters on the site. Sometimes trying to be even handed just comes off as unfair and tone death.

Compared to every other comment section I saw about the SXSW shit the GB one was clearly the best. I don't really mind the mods letting Gators spread their shitty message as long as they're civil about it and don't yell about SJWs. But yeah, it feels a bit random.

I saw that one comment about Quiet saying that you should respect her wish to wear whatever she wants like she's a real person, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom