• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We may continue Life is Strange in a Playdate. That is a premium piece of content, so I don't want folks to feel like it's a bait-and-switch"

I don't want folks to feel like its a bait-and-switch, but here is the bait and switch

I think that's fair enough for it to be a premium content if they are just focusing on a specific game to play it from beginning to end. This feature should have just been about playing random games kind of like UPF except we give our own list of games which should in turn make it easier for them to choose what THEY feel like trying out based on our recommendations.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
But he never says he's a great writer, and his games and the stories he tells are very different from the norm. His message is to experiment which he does. None of that is arrogance.

He's like a shit molyneux. All ideas no execution.

I do kind of enjoy his games because they are fucking insane yet sincere. Not because they are well made or written.

Myggen

But he never says he's a great writer, and his games and the stories he tells are very different from the norm. His message is to experiment which he does. None of that is arrogance.

He writes the games pretty much by himself. If he thought he wasn't creating great games he wouldn't talk about the emotional impact of his games like he did prior to Heavy Rain for example.

I never called him arrogant, I just always think he comes across as a lightweight writer and when he talks about his games in grand terms on stage it makes me laugh. Delusional would be a better word for it. He should stick to being the ideas guy because he can't execute on them for shit.

Zaph

Considering the state of AAA, I'm just both glad and amazed Cage's games are still getting funded. Keep the nonsense train coming.

Xater

Considering the state of AAA, I'm just both glad and amazed Cage's games are still getting funded. Keep the nonsense train coming.

You could fund better games with that money. At this point it seriously starts to depress me that Sony is still funding his shit.

You could fund better games with that money. At this point it seriously starts to depress me that Sony is still funding his shit.
He's influenced dozens of games(some might say with better writing), continues to innovate, and his games sell well. Makes little sense to stop supporting him. At the very least it shouldn't depress you given if he didn't exist it's not like the money would be magically transported to the account of your favorite indie developer of choice.

Fatal Frame 2 wiimake and Fatal 4 were incredible so it's really weird that the new one seems to have gotten such a low budget in comparison. Or at least I'd assume given the even more prevalent backtracking.

Myggen

He's influenced dozens of games(some might say with better writing), continues to innovate, and his games sell well. Makes little sense to stop supporting him. At the very least it shouldn't depress you given if he didn't exist it's not like the money would be magically transported to the account of your favorite indie developer of choice.

Fatal Frame 2 wiimake and Fatal 4 were incredible so it's really weird that the new one seems to have gotten such a low budget in comparison. Or at least I'd assume given the even more prevalent backtracking.

For as much as I dislike his games I have no problems with Sony funding more of it. It's weird and a lot of people like it. And yeah, new Fatal Frame looks disappointing. Maybe I should replay Fatal Frame 2 instead.

daydream

Banned
i'm not a huge street fighter nut or anything but the street fighter v roster seems super weird to me. more of a gut feeling, though, maybe actual sf fans feel differently?

the omission of skullomania is particularly baffling

i'm not a huge street fighter nut or anything but the street fighter v roster seems super weird to me. more of a gut feeling, though, maybe actual sf fans feel differently?

Not really. Karin and Mika from Alpha 3 were the weirdest additions along with Nash (Charlie), but its mostly the World Warriors otherwise mixed with new characters. This is much more tame than SF3 (which so far no characters from SF3 have made it in V).

SF3 took 3 games to finally include Chun-li in it. Now that's weird.

SF3 characters are pretty much never appearing because Capcom doesn't own them, right?

Huh? Why wouldn't they...

Alex is a background character in one of V's stages I believe. And if the datamining was true, Urien and Alex are gonna either be announced as the initial 16 or in the 6 DLC through 2016.

Edit: saw your revision, so nvm. You might have been thinking of SF EX3

daydream

Banned
Not really. Karin and Mika from Alpha 3 were the weirdest additions along with Nash (Charlie), but its mostly the World Warriors otherwise mixed with new characters. This is much more tame than SF3 (which so far no characters from SF3 have made it in V).

SF3 took 3 games to finally include Chun-li in it. Now that's weird.

hm, maybe they stand out more because the roster is (or seems?) comparatively small at this early juncture

anyway, laura seems like a cool addition

Not really weird at all, what's weird about it to you?

hm, maybe they stand out more because the roster is (or seems?) comparatively small at this early juncture

anyway, laura seems like a cool addition

For a first release its not too crazy. 4 only had a few more characters in its first arcade release and SF3 had 11 with a boss character.

SF4's initial roster was more tame in comparison which is where some of the weirdness might come from with V. Though with how poor 3 was in popularity compared to other SF games, they needed to have all the popular characters back as soon as they could.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Huh? Why wouldn't they...

Alex is a background character in one of V's stages I believe. And if the datamining was true, Urien and Alex are gonna either be announced as the initial 16 or in the 6 DLC through 2016.

Edit: saw your revision, so nvm. You might have been thinking of SF EX3

Yeah I was. Forgot for a second how freaking weird the Street Fighter lineage became after SF2.

Most of the greys are from the same few people, unless you're talking about the whole thread.

the whole thread. I'd say there's easily 20-30 unique bans. between that and the "cop bodyslams teenage girl" thread, it's been an interesting day

e: closer to 50 bans

i dunno, have character like e. honda, akuma or balrog been announced, yet? those always seemed like mainstays to me

Boxer (Balrog) has been datamined, so he'll probably be in the 6 DLC. Nothing about Honda or Akuma. But yeah, Akuma not being there is weird, similar to how he didn't even show up in 3 until second impact and become a normal playable character until 3rd Strike.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
i dunno, have character like e. honda, akuma or balrog been announced, yet? those always seemed like mainstays to a street fighter layman like me
I actually think the lineup is a little too calculated.

They got 16 characters in the vanilla release. Exactly half of them are main SF characters that are very recognizable to the general public. The other 8 consist of exactly 4 newcomers and exactly 4 you haven't seen in a while. That's pretty much the safest way to create a Street Fighter roster. You seem to actually want even more SF2 characters, which people would probably criticize for being boring or forgetting fans of other entries in the genre.
I think they made the mistake to have all the lesser known returning characters be from Alpha instead of also having a 3s, a SF4 or even a EX character in there, but Karin, Mika and Nash were very popular in the polls and Birdie is just an excellent redesign, so I won't complain.

I don't, please elaborate

Open at your own risk:
E2VnTCG.gif

I'm not calling you daddy, that's just the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom