• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
i don't know how gwent works, can i play bakalar as a trap
alar
card?

also, gerstmann is op, really don't understand how cbs rules it eligible for tournament play

#DriveClub presents 2015's Worst Game of the Year?

2015's worst game of 2014

the ps+ edition came out this year, no?

StoveOven

Banned
The Order.

Raven's Cry.

Afro Samurai 2.

That disaster Drew and Dan played where Drew sang A-Ha that I can't even remember the name of.

THPS5 is more likely to win Most Disappointing methinks.

Tony Hawk is much more deserving than The Order. I think The Order will just be forgotten completely and even miss out on things like Best Looking and Most Disappointing. I initially thought that the expectations for THPS were too low for it to be disappointing, but it still somehow manage to disappoint extremely low expectations

danm999

Tony Hawk is much more deserving than The Order. I think The Order will just be forgotten completely and even miss out on things like Best Looking and Most Disappointing. I initially thought that the expectations for THPS were too low for it to be disappointing, but it still somehow manage to disappoint extremely low expectations

You are probably right about the Order, but I still don't think THPS5 makes Worst. Typically it's a complete piece of dog shit that barely gets discussed prior that wins that is the product of a traumatic Quick Look.

StoveOven

Banned
You are probably right about the Order, but I still don't think THPS5 makes Worst. Typically it's a complete piece of dog shit that barely gets discussed prior that wins that is the product of a traumatic Quick Look.

I mean, THPS 5 is a complete piece of dog shit and produced a traumatic Quick Look. It just has a higher profile. Considering the fact that Jeff is going to give it a 1 Star review, I think it actually has a chance.

danm999

I mean, THPS 5 is a complete piece of dog shit and produced a traumatic Quick Look. It just has a higher profile. Considering the fact that Jeff is going to give it a 1 Star review, I think it actually has a chance.

I think it'll clear a very low bar some other stuff won't.

I mean what was that horror game Dan and Drew played that kept saying "you have no choice". Holy shit that was a wreck.

TraBuch

Banned
Watching the KickBeat quick look since it's one of the free PS+ games this month, forgot all about how knowledgeable Jeff is about Crazy Town.

daydream

Banned
oh cool, they're doing a chibi robo zip lash ql

that will fly under the radar hard. i'm really looking forward to it, though.

The Order.

Raven's Cry.

Afro Samurai 2.

That disaster Drew and Dan played where Drew sang A-Ha that I can't even remember the name of.

THPS5 is more likely to win Most Disappointing methinks.

The Order is nowhere near those IMO.

I rented it, it was fine for a quick playthrough.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have an almost irrational hatred for the Order and have since the game was announced with a teaser which said nothing other than mustaches and London. Tony Hawk 5 is clearly worse than The Order. The Order accomplished something. Even if it was just superficial graphics and "It technically does what you want when you press buttons."

I won't actually play Tony Hawk but from everything I've seen and every opinion I've heard, it does everything wrong.

The Order was terrible though. And I'm fine with acknowledging its level of terrible with the amount of time and money put into it. At least THPS5 was quick and dirty.

danm999

Maybe I'm also holding some of the die hard fan reaction against the Order as well, which isn't necessarily fair to the game or its developers.

I played through most of it in an afternoon and watched the rest on YouTube and am really, really glad I wasn't the one to buy it.

From Fobwashed

tumblr_nvtx45GEXA1rsbbt3o1_400.png

The order was one of those games where a sequel could've really taken it from a meh opening game to a fantastic series. I really enjoyed the world, its atmosphere, the weapons, the whole knights of the round table stuff.

A sequel that was a fully fleshed out campaign experience with an alright MP component could've been something.

Too bad that's never gonna happen because it kinda bombed. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that Gravity Rush is getting some love.

But yeah I would've been bummed out if I was one of those people who hyped himself for games, payed $60 for it, and finished it in a couple of sittings. I picked it up at $20 and have no regrets.

danm999

The order was one of those games where a sequel could've really taken it from a meh opening game to a fantastic series. I really enjoyed the world, its atmosphere, the weapons, the whole knights of the round table stuff.

A sequel that was a fully fleshed out campaign experience with an alright MP component could've been something.

Too bad that's never gonna happen because it kinda bombed. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that Gravity Rush is getting some love.

The concept was great. There was some cool stuff in there and some of the weapons were really unique and interesting.

But the game had this weird dead stop right around where most movies are hitting their second act that I couldn't quite believe.

From Fobwashed

tumblr_nvtx45GEXA1rsbbt3o1_400.png

terrific.

Teddified

I'm in no hurry, I'll check out the Beta of Battlefront when it opens to everyone.

My only worry is that checking out the Beta might actually make me buy the game, while I'm just curious about the game right now.

I was kind of lukewarm on it until I started playing the beta, but it really does well to seem like its own game instead of a battlefield clone. I haven't played much of the large 20v20 mode, but the small mode with the drop pods is pretty fun.

well i have no way to download that, care to elaborate? because the mix of umihara kawase with a more linear structure and the chibi robo licence thrown in, a priori, sounds pretty appealing

The grapple doesn't have the depth of tension and slack that Umihara Kawase does. It's a hookshot that can ricochet off stuff. None of it's bad, but just picture "2D platformer" and it's that. Generic with nothing to differentiate it, and the early stuff, at least, wasn't so clever as to fix that. Seems like it's being made to hit way above its weight as a retail title.

The discussion about the GB Set being awful for gaming on the podcast makes me feel bad for the crew. As someone who has been playing games at a desk on a monitor since mid 360 generation, I can't imagine having to play on a big laggy TV that's far away with lights in my face. Would suck all the joy out of games for me.

Tubobutts

The discussion about the GB Set being awful for gaming on the podcast makes me feel bad for the crew. As someone who has been playing games at a desk on a monitor since mid 360 generation, I can't imagine having to play on a big laggy TV that's far away with lights in my face. Would suck all the joy out of games for me.

Whenever they do a video where you can see the whole set, they see, like they are super far away from the TVs.

i don't know how gwent works, can i play bakalar as a trap
alar
card?

also, gerstmann is op, really don't understand how cbs rules it eligible for tournament play

2015's worst game of 2014

the ps+ edition came out this year, no?

Yeah, but the game seems to get more love than hate these days (some websites re-reviewed the game and recommended it when the previously hadn't). It's much better than the disaster of a game it was immediately at launch. I love how much work they've put into it to make it a good game. Despite little to no technical issues (it ran quite stunningly), I could see them considering The Order: 1886 (I liked it well enough). Despite them hating it, the hate THPS5 is receiving from them easily trumps it.

Didn't Jeff say the Order was a fine rental? None of them hated the game with a passion that I remember, Dan thought it was boring though

Didn't Jeff say the Order was a fine rental? None of them hated the game with a passion that I remember, Dan thought it was boring though

Okay. Hate is too strong of a word. They were though one of the sites that give it the lowest review (2 stars, which is a 40 on Metacritic). I do hope Ready at Dawn gets a chance to do a sequel. I don't care if its short, but I would prefer that they don't do recycled boss encounters again. For a game as short as it was, that was odd. Also, getting awesome weapons only to use them for a scene or two and never again is pretty dumb. I however, really liked the story, setting, music, presentation, and even the
vampire twist
. As such, with it being the 1800's, I'd kind of like to see literary characters show up such as Sherlock Holmes, Van Helsing, Dr. Frankenstein, and even real life people such as Jack the Ripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom