• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work with the OT!
this comment is scarily accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2fwM7eC5qc

6CYUGPM.png
This definitely needs to become a regular series. Also them teaching whatever they've learned to Dan, and then Dan teaching that to someone else.
whoa I guess Brad Muir's going to work for valve
Half-Life
:D
?

repeater

Great OP, Anjin!

I haven't even played the Witcher 3 yet, and I'm thinking of buying the physical "limited edition" of the expansion just to get my hands on those Gwent decks. I'm just a sucker for CCGs. :(

I have always thought of Dan as being a nice guy, but then I played his new Mario Maker level and now I'm pretty sure he's pure evil.

I'm catching up on MGScanlon (Ep. 3 and now on 4) and holy shit has this been enjoyable. I think Ep. 3 might be my favorite in the entire series. Right there with MGS3 Ep. 7 and MGS2 Ep. 12. <3

Jothel

I was reading the battlefront beta thread for ages thinking it was this one, wondered why the hell EVERYONE was suddenly talking about it. Definitely kinda interested in it now though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that sucks, the music was pretty important to that game. I didn't like the new Isaac soundtrack either.

Oh wow, not often you see something like that. How often do the composer own all the rights to a soundtrack specifically made for one game? Maybe that's a more normal deal than I thought in the indie scene.

It might be more common in the indie scene. Or just something Team Meat did. They also made a point to say the new composers also still own the new music for example.

That wouldn't fly if a publisher was involved. They will own your shit for life!

A bit of a oversight not to plan for ports down the line and work it into the original contract between both parties but then again I think Team Meat where really adamant about not launching on PSN back then.

Anyway Danny B done much work recently besides Crypt of the Necrodancer?

So far the new one hasn't been great

The music in the Forest is terrible but it gets a bit better and in keeping with the original later but it still isnt as good.

I dunno. Maybe newcomers wont care.

Volotaire

This may be a completely stupid question so I apologise, especially given how much I follow GB, but did Patrick leave Kotaku? I know that he has been creating a YT series on the sidelines, with his Jar equivalent Q/A series and Mario Maker videos.

So what? Is Ed McMillen unpleasant to work with or something? He seems like a OK guy on twitter.

I don't understand Danny B's reasoning.

this Vinny battery video is a bit too much for me first thing in the morning

Once I understood what his problem was it was a little difficult for me to watch him still struggle to understand the concept.

Also I just started to watch the MGO QL and it's really not coming out to PC until next year? The fuck? There's not going to be a population there at all.

Jothel

This is my first time playing Super Meat Boy and I don't agree. I think the PS4 music is great.
I have the original music burned into my brain and this differs from that so I aaaah, it's just not right.
The music in the Forest is terrible but it gets a bit better and in keeping with the original later but it still isnt as good.

I dunno. Maybe newcomers wont care.
Yeah I've only played the forest so far and I put on a podcast after a few levels

Heimbeck

Banned
Well, that sucks, the music was pretty important to that game. I didn't like the new Isaac soundtrack either.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I fell like it plays much better that even with the change in music I would rather play the PS4 version.

I have the original music burned into my brain and this differs from that so I aaaah, it's just not right.

Yeah I've only played the forest so far and I put on a podcast after a few levels

Yeah, I'm the same way. It felt weird as soon as I booted it and the intro music wasn't the same. It feels so weird with different music, you spend so much time dying to a certain kind of music it becomes ingrained.

demidar

Yeah, I'm the same way. It felt weird as soon as I booted it and the intro music wasn't the same. It feels so weird with different music, you spend so much time dying to a certain kind of music it becomes ingrained.

A lot of Meat Boy's identity is tied up with the music for me.

Though BoI: Rebirth's music was different it was still okay and tone-consistent.

So what? Is Ed McMillen unpleasant to work with or something? He seems like a OK guy on twitter.

I don't understand Danny B's reasoning.

Could be anything.

The nearest explanation I have seen was they did bring in Danny B to do some music for the now cancelled Mew-Genics game a few years back they had planned but it was decided pretty quick that the chip tune sound Danny B is known for wouldn't work for that game and they wanted to use live studio recorded music this time so they parted ways. Maybe DannyB felt slighted by that.

A boring explanation but its the nearest I have heard.

i turned off the music in both SMB and BOI pretty quickly and replaced it with podcasts or something because i'm a terrible human being

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
MGS V is kinda boring, maybe I'll try MGO. Or maybe I just stick with Rocket League
I feel like I'm on a completely different taste-planet when it comes to Open World games. I just have no love for band and repetitive mission objectives. Arkham Knight should have taught me that. At least MGSV run well though.

Edit: Oh, it's not coming to PC? Well that solves that problem.

Heimbeck

Banned
That's all MGSV needs is another system of some sort.

Speaking of MGO, was I the only one kind of impressed by it? I plan on going home tonight and playing a bunch of it.

Playing Gwent against Miller would have been moment of the year.

I thought MGO looked fine but not something I would stick with.
It looks much better than what I was expecting though.

I should go back and play Witcher now that I'm mostly done with MGSV. I made it like 3 hours into it before I went and got MGS and got addicted to that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They took all my Gwent cards away when I started new game+.

That's a good reason to make a new deck.

I should go back and play Witcher now that I'm mostly done with MGSV. I made it like 3 hours into it before I went and got MGS and got addicted to that.

I like Witcher way more because it feels like they really put a lot of effort into almost all sidequests. Meanwhile all missions (even the main ones) in MGS were really boring. Good thing MGS plays as well as it does, because it really is super fun to play. But man, if they put some effort into the missions, what a game that could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom