• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there was any meaningful point to the collection aspect (besides being "overpowerd") it would make sense. but you'll have basically the exact same decks that you built in the exact-ish same order this time around too. there's very little randomness to the cards you get, except random trash cards

Lelcar

Speaking of MGO, was I the only one kind of impressed by it? I plan on going home tonight and playing a bunch of it.

I like it too, been playing a lot of it.

I need to get back to The Witcher at some point as well. Finish up Skellege. Oh I can't wait for GB's GOTY. Best time of the year.

Jothel

I like it too, been playing a lot of it.

I need to get back to The Witcher at some point as well. Finish up Skellege. Oh I can't wait for GB's GOTY. Best time of the year.
This year is gonna be a lot better than last year, this year actually had good games!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is there any legit way to play Snatcher and Pshyconauts?

Psychonauts is on Steam and GoG.

This year is gonna be a lot better than last year, this year actually had good games!

Yeah, so far pretty much every anticipated game this year has really delivered, hasn't it? Bloodborne, MGS (even though I don't much care for it), Witcher, Mario Maker, Taken King, Can't really think of a big game that was a huge bummer (except Tony Hawk but that was pretty obvious)

Screw the games, I just want the daily videos they put together. I always look forward to see what they do. I don't think the office skit will ever be able to be topped.

kAmui-

That's all
Speaking of MGO, was I the only one kind of impressed by it? I plan on going home tonight and playing a bunch of it.

It looked a bit confusing at times but that might have been the way they played it. Some interesting concepts though. If it was out on pc right now I'd try it. Now I'll probably have had enough of MGSV by the time it comes out in january and never bother with it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I fell like it plays much better that even with the change in music I would rather play the PS4 version.
Don't know where you played it but the DS4 and the slightly lower latency could really help in that game. It always played fantastic.

Heimbeck

Banned
Don't know where you played it but the DS4 and the slightly lower latency could really help in that game. It always played fantastic.

I played on 360, and I still remember it being great and even one of my favorite games for the system but I much prefer it now.
It has been a while since I played the 360 version though.

Jothel

Psychonauts is on Steam and GoG.

Yeah, so far pretty much every anticipated game this year has really delivered, hasn't it? Bloodborne, MGS (even though I don't much care for it), Witcher, Mario Maker, Taken King, Can't really think of a big game that was a huge bummer (except Tony Hawk but that was pretty obvious)
Uuuuhm, yeah I can't really think of any big anticipated bummers this year!

Screw the games, I just want the daily videos they put together. I always look forward to see what they do. I don't think the office skit will ever be able to be topped.
Yep, every year has been fantastic, the decades one was a bit not great in some places but I can't blame them too much for that...

kAmui-

Uuuuhm, yeah I can't really think of any big anticipated bummers this year!

Arkham Knight on pc was kind of a bummer to play. When it worked it was great, just that most of the time it didn't work.

The only one I can think of is Hotline Miami 2, but even then I still think of it as a good game.

Totally forgot it came out this year. I wouldn't say it's a bummer but yes there is something about that game.

Wunder

That's all MGSV needs is another system of some sort.

It looked pretty rad from the QL, but I don't have PS+ nor do I have a bunch of people to party up with and play it. Seems pretty neat though.

The gang didn't seem too hot on Arkham Knight, but I really liked it personally. I thought it was awesome.
Wasn't Jeff the only one who was actually down on it? I seem to remember Brad, Dan and Jason being into it and the East guys were pretty positive.

Eh, Long live the queen was just ok Austin. Wouldn't say that it's fantastic.

like, it's borderline amazing that they built that entire thing in ren'py, which is totally silly. i know it natively supports python but effectively retrofitting a VN engine to be a pretty complicated simulation is nuts.

I think you have to give WB some sort of award for spending about 3 pogs on their PC ports. So bad were the PC ports of MKX and AK that they had to bring in other studios to fix the mess that they released.

I mean just get it right the first time you fucking bozos

Heimbeck

Banned
The gang didn't seem too hot on Arkham Knight, but I really liked it personally. I thought it was awesome.

Yeah I liked Arkham Knight a lot, but I think the crew didn't really care that much about a new Batman so I doubt they would consider it disappointing.

Big AAA threequels don't usually hold the attention much come GOTY time. I don't remember Uncharted 3 sweeping many awards, for example.

I think you have to give WB some sort of award for spending about 3 pogs on their PC ports. So bad were the PC ports of MKX and AK that they had to bring in other studios to fix the mess that they released.

I mean just get it right the first time you fucking bozos

Well it's good they did such a piss poor job that it became a widespread news story and a very embarrassing situation for WB. It's the only way the situation can improve. At this point it's just a wait and see thing to see if they take it as an opportunity to better support the platform or if they use it as an opportunity to reduce support on the platform. I'm hopeful that I will be the former just because it's too big for them to ignore.

Big AAA threequels don't usually hold the attention much come GOTY time. I don't remember Uncharted 3 sweeping many awards, for example.

well that's more to do with it not being as good as its predecessor. The game has higher highs but it also has lower lows, too. Just felt uneven and rushed compared to UC2.

The Witcher 3 seems to be a good threequal but no one on the site has finished it AFAIK. Which i kinda dont blame them, i haven't played it myself as i keep waiting for them to stop making the thing better with these patches.

I'd still like to play Arkham Knight this year. It had better not be full price when they re-release it on PC.

I got keys with my graphics cards but I have yet to touch it. Newegg was kind enough to give me a key for MGS V to make up for the disaster but I still have AK in my Steam library to play once it's deemed good enough to sell again.

Xater

I really liked the game and it might make my top 10, but probably not near the top. By game 3 the magic is usually gone. Super fun game, but there was more interesting stuff this year.

I got keys with my graphics cards but I have yet to touch it. Newegg was kind enough to give me a key for MGS V to make up for the disaster but I still have AK in my Steam library to play once it's deemed good enough to sell again.
Yeah I got MGS from the Nvidia promotion but not AK.
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Good joke.

I know you're right, it just seems shitty for them to ask full price after they fucked up so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom