• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

What's that arcade game top down racer with the steering wheels built in?

Edit: Super sprint!

Galak-z is like super sprint + halo + randomized levels + robotech.

Anjin M

What's that arcade game top down racer with the steering wheels built in?

Edit: Super sprint!

Galak-z is like super sprint + halo + randomized levels + robotech.

Looks like you found it a couple minutes before I did. Super Sprint was nuts. I actually remember Super Off-Road first and had to poke around to find the original.

Ketch

Looks like you found it a couple minutes before I did. Super Sprint was nuts. I actually remember Super Off-Road first and had to poke around to find the original.

That feeling when you finally nail a turn and then eventually a whole lap is present in galakz except you're a transforming mech killing spaceships and aliens.

Myggen

o4GPSjA.gif

Myggen

I dunno if I should try and watch as I go or wait and watch the archive.

I find that Extra Life is always better to watch live. Because the streams are so long there'll always be boring stretches and stuff like that, and those are much more enjoyable live when following the GAF thread and such. The archive will also be impossibly long.

Anyone claimed the Extra Life thread yet? If not I'll do it. I've got Friday off, and my only plan is to go out with some friends on Saturday. So I'll catch a lot of it.

danm999

I am really bummed though for Extra Life that there's no chance of a Drew/Alexis Halo 5 co-op playthrough.

I find that Extra Life is always better to watch live. Because the streams are so long there'll always be boring stretches and stuff like that, and those are much more enjoyable live when following the GAF thread and such. The archive will also be impossibly long.

Anyone claimed the Extra Life thread yet? If not I'll do it. I've got Friday off, and my only plan is to go out with some friends on Saturday. So I'll catch a lot of it.

Yeah who am I kidding I'm going to try and watch as much as I can and then fill in the bits where I slept later.

Teddified

Yeah who am I kidding I'm going to try and watch as much as I can and then fill in the bits where I slept later.

Yeah I find this the best way to do it, though last year I lasted the full 24 hours will Jason and Lisa. That made me exhausted for the rest of them heh.

I know not everybody's a fan, but Ian was a total champ last year. did his own stream and then did god knows how many hours in the office. basically a clutch player when they were down to a skeleton crew. hope he shows up for a while this year.

Anjin M

I know not everybody's a fan, but Ian was a total champ last year. did his own stream and then did god knows how many hours in the office. basically a clutch player when they were down to a skeleton crew. hope he shows up for a while this year.

I'm never going to tune into a stream to see Ian, but he does make everything go better. He's a good dude.

yami4ct

One issue I have with Galak-Z is that it doesn't support > 1080p resolutions.

My main issue with the game is that it launched unfinished (with little to no warning in the sales page or on major sites that it wasn't finished), it was buggy as hell and months later it still isn't finished. I adored the time I played with it, but all the progress losing crash bugs I had and the frame rate issues really broke my heart.

The fact that season 5 still isn't in there also irks me.

Zornack

Remember when they said they'd do coast to coast flight club?

:(

My main issue with the game is that it launched unfinished (with little to no warning in the sales page or on major sites that it wasn't finished), it was buggy as hell and months later it still isn't finished. I adored the time I played with it, but all the progress losing crash bugs I had and the frame rate issues really broke my heart.

The fact that season 5 still isn't in there also irks me.

Yeah, the gameplay is top notch but on the technical and content side it's a mess.

Dineren

Banned

He streamed 25 hours of DK64 this past weekend. He's a monster.

I was constantly saying this in the chat as it was happening. Dude deserves mad props for helping out last year.

yami4ct

Yeah, the gameplay is top notch but on the technical and content side it's a mess.

The game basically launched as an Early Access title on a platform where that wasn't officially supported and had no warnings that that title comes with. I really like the game. It'll likely be in my Top 10 this year despite the issues, but man did that rub me the wrong way. It comes off as super damn shady.

Hasn't their justification always been that the game launched complete and episode 5 is free dlc?

In any case, you can now get it on a platform that enables smooth performance!

The game basically launched as an Early Access title on a platform where that wasn't officially supported and had no warnings that that title comes with. I really like the game. It'll likely be in my Top 10 this year despite the issues, but man did that rub me the wrong way. It comes off as super damn shady.

Wait, this is about Galak-Z? I had no idea.

I was under the impression it had a really extended development precisely to finish it...

yami4ct

Hasn't their justification always been that the game launched complete and episode 5 is free dlc?

In any case, you can now get it on a platform that enables smooth performance!

That seems like a lame ass excuse. Season 5 is listed on the damn menu. Saying the game is complete without it, especially given where the game ends, is just playing semantics.

From a technical side the game was an incomplete mess as well. I've never had a game hard crash as much on a console as Galak-Z did. I'm shocked that it got through cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom