• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Friend of the site Xavier Woods made his miraculous return to Monday Night Raw tonight after a heinous attack by those damn Dudley Boyz. It was a hilarious segment.

I can't wait for Drew to watch wrestling and see all the glorious nonsense.

Friend of the site Xavier Woods made his miraculous return to Monday Night Raw tonight after a heinous attack by those damn Dudley Boyz. It was a hilarious segment.

I can't wait for Drew to watch wrestling and see all the glorious nonsense.

Aaaaaaand he's gone :'(

Drew's been lucky. Last two RAWs have been much better than the stuff we've been getting for the last few months. And by better, I mean more watchable besides one or two segments.

justjim89

Aaaaaaand he's gone :'(

Drew's been lucky. Last two RAWs have been much better than the stuff we've been getting for the last few months. And by better, I mean more watchable besides one or two segments.

It really bums me out that Xavier is treated like a jobber-tier wrestler. The dude had a great match with Cena several weeks ago and never gets to show off his wrestling skill.

Like, he's great on the microphone, sure. But don't treat him like a manager.

It really bums me out that Xavier is treated like a jobber-tier wrestler. The dude had a great match with Cena several weeks ago and never gets to show off his wrestling skill.

Like, he's great on the microphone, sure. But don't treat him like a manager.

It's really just a testament to how talented he is. He's so good anywhere you put him, even if he's just the comic relief personality of getting destroyed by other wrestlers. I would like to see him in the ring more, but RAW's already got a lot of wrestlers that are good in the ring, but suck on the mic, so I understand why WWE wants him to talk more than actually wrestle.

danm999

dude I get that game makes mad money but how the fuck are you going to recoup 6 billion goddamned dollars?

I guess they'll spin it off into a bunch of stuff...? They're getting heavy into mobile.

I have no idea and I assume they do before dropping 6 billion on it but even then I'm skeptical you can make that much money back.

Yup nope holy shit that's more money than disney spent for star wars

this is just

what the ever loving fuck

aahhhhh

DEAR LORD! There's no way that stupid Candy Crush is ever going to be as valuable as Star Wars and Indiana Jones will be for Disney. I think Bobby Kotick needs his head checked. This might've made a modicum of sense when people at least cared about Candy Crush. For instance my sister, who does not like video games in the slightest, used to be way into Candy Crush like two years ago. I asked why she didn't play it any more and she told me she just did not like it any more and neither did her friends and co-workers (and she is a grown 30-something year old woman!). She went through the same thing with Draw Something (I think that's what it was called).

And the thing that frustrates me most is that I remember a story that some guy essentially made Candy Crush before King and they shamelessly stole the concept and made it big (and then tried to sue the original guy for copyright infringement!!!). This was just like the crap where the guy made Three's and the knock-off was the one getting all the attention! So, King is getting nearly 6 Billion dollars off of a knock-off product!

I guess they'll spin it off into a bunch of stuff...? They're getting heavy into mobile.

I have no idea and I assume they do before dropping 6 billion on it but even then I'm skeptical you can make that much money back.

Well they bought the development company who made CSS. They obviously have a lot of long term plans for King if Activision is spending 6 billion to acquire them.

dude I get that game makes mad money but how the fuck are you going to recoup 6 billion goddamned dollars?

They're only really known for Candy Crush, right? I don't think the name "King" means much to anyone who plays phone games, right? They have to be betting on making back all that money on Candy Crush I guess... Unless they want tech/devs or something...

Anjin M

They're only really known for Candy Crush, right? I don't think the name "King" means much to anyone who plays phone games, right? They have to be betting on making back all that money on Candy Crush I guess... Unless they want tech/devs or something...
They are also the company that sued The Banner Saga devs over the word Saga. Maybe Activision wants in on that action.

KingKong

"We need microtransactions to fund a Destiny live team!"

*buys a f2p game company for $6 billion*

Jesus fuck Activision is evil.

Im sure the company that broke free from the shackles of Microsoft so that they could make and fps with mmo elements didnt need Activision to think up of microtransactions

You know the head of King is laughing he was able to get that much.

How are they any different from Zinga or Rovio? I just see another mobile company that is making boat loads of cash around 1 game that might lose all its steam a month from now. Not a wise investment.

they definitely have a bunch of other products but CC is the big one. CC makes about a million dollars a day but even at that rate, and not counting other expenses, it would take 16 years of consistent revenue to get to 5.9 billion.

danm999

How are they any different from Zinga or Rovio? I just see another mobile company that is making boat loads of cash around 1 game that might lose all its steam a month from now. Not a wise investment.

Yeah that's where I'm at. I don't really understand the casual mobile market and what catches and what doesn't, and capturing the magic a second time seems really fucking difficult. Zynga and Rovio haven't really managed to with Farmville or Angry Birds and have had a bit of a tough time of it.

And six fucking billion jesus christ. This is either genius or pure disaster in the making.

someone in the main thread said it would take 5 years at current earnings across all King products to get that money back. and that's if it doesn't go bust at some point.

980 ti *bites fist*

Hot hot hot!

Would buy another but I'm going to try to wait until Pascal to get into that hot sli action. 60 FPS+(gsync <3) at 1440P is very nice though. And 144 FPS in older/more simple games is stunning. I'm able to play Max Payne 3 at 1440P, 130ish FPS and it feels like a dream. Has really started to change my opinions on framerate over graphics. I mean, I can still deal with 30 FPS but it's never great now.

Zornack

980 ti *bites fist*

Hot hot hot!

Would buy another but I'm going to try to wait until Pascal to get into that hot sli action. 60 FPS+(gsync <3) at 1440P is very nice though. And 144 FPS in older/more simple games is stunning. I'm able to play Max Payne 3 at 1440P, 130ish FPS and it feels like a dream. Has really started to change my opinions on framerate over graphics. I mean, I can still deal with 30 FPS but it's never great now.

Do you have a 1440p/144hz monitor or are you downsampeling to 1080p? Or two monitors?

I have a 1440p/60hz and a 1080p/144hz and I've been thinking about getting a 1440/144 but there aren't that many games I'd be able to run maxed on it.

I have the first Rog Swift that came out last year. 1440P, 144Hz with your choice of either gsync or light in motion(comes with both, but can't use both at the same time)

Also have a 4K TV that can go up to 60 hz but lol at finding new games that can run at 60 FPS without drops. And given gsync obviously doesn't exist for TVs it's more of a future proofing thing. Although it's a good quality TV in general so it's nice to have for the consoles even at 1080P. Would have waited but the TV I'd been using died and I had a lot more spare money when I bought it
and then I got laid off a month later
Of course it can also be used at 1080P but I'd rather use my monitor for most PC games so I can play with a mouse or experience higher framerates.

You know the head of King is laughing he was able to get that much.

It's probably the Notch thing all over again. Looking to sell, but gets WAY more then expected.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are people in casual circles even still talking about Candy Crush?

I'm not mocking, I'm honestly wondering. That stuff always feels like it has a 1 month zeitgeist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom