• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimbeck

Banned
Yeah I don't get peoples problem with HLM 2. That game was great!

I guess people didn't want "just more Hotline Miami" or something.

Also GameSpot gave Need for Speed a 8/10. Scott Butterworth reviewed it. I haven't seen his name before and can't find any of his other reviews. Anyone able to find some of his other reviews?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/transformers-devastation-review/1900-6416275/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/guitar-hero-live-review/1900-6416284/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/rock-band-4-review/1900-6416264/

Only three I could find.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I kept screaming "STOP SPLITTING UP! The entire point of the packrat is that you shouldn't split up!!" while watching the Vermintide QL but they didn't listen to me

Heimbeck

Banned
It's nice being a Giant Bomb gold member and getting early access to the bombcast.
Shame what happened to Brad this week though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
As much as I'm not interested in playing fallout 4, I am looking forward to them doing a lengthy live quick look of it. It seems like the kinda game they'll do that for.

Patryn

As much as I'm not interested in playing fallout 4, I am looking forward to them doing a lengthy live quick look of it. It seems like the kinda game they'll do that for.

Oh, definitely.

Bet running time will be between 1.5-2 hours.

I totally should have told my boss my last day was Nov. 11 and not Nov. 13.

Lijik

Yeah I don't get peoples problem with HLM 2. That game was great!

I guess people didn't want "just more Hotline Miami" or something.

I love HM2 a lot, but its operating on a different wavelength (more enemies, higher emphasis on guns, starts off much harder than the first game) that if it doesnt click with you you're not going to like. Honestly I cant get back into the first game after getting used to 2. Its just feels so slow and easy in comparison.

LiK

THPS5 will win most disappointing. Never heard Jeff so bummed about a game as much as this one this year. He really had high hopes for it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if i'm more hyped for Horizon Zero Dawn or Quantum Break next year. 2016 is going to be a fantastic year for games.

2016 is going to be the year I spend playing all the fantastic stuff that came out at the end of 2015. Here is my prelimiary list of what I need to finish or start:
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (in progress, so good)
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March Parts I & II (finished the base game need to play through again to see the expansions).
  • Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PROTOSS FINALLY!)
  • The Witcher 3 (I really liked TW2 but played it years later, so I might postpone this too).
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
Oh and I didn't even list anything in my actual backlog, or games that everyone else plays that I probably will too (there's some kind of new apocalypse game or something coming out soon?)

2016 is going to be the year I spend playing all the fantastic stuff that came out at the end of 2015. Here is my prelimiary list of what I need to finish or start:
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (in progress, so good)
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March Parts I & II (finished the base game need to play through again to see the expansions).
  • Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PROTOSS FINALLY!)
  • The Witcher 3 (I really liked TW2 but played it years later, so I might postpone this too).
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
Oh and I didn't even list anything in my actual backlog, or games that everyone else plays that I probably will too (there's some kind of new apocalypse game or something coming out soon?)

Trails is really really good. I'm praying I can finish SC before Xenoblade comes out, but that's looking really unlikely :(

Though I should be happy considering I've waited years for the game and am loving it so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quantum Break still needs to show me their Remedy hand.

I haven't seen something goofy yet. And I need that goofy something.

Anjin M

The one upside to Jeff's NFS review is that it's his tenth of the year, the same number as all of last year. He might actually write more reviews in 2015 than in 2014.

I actually loved Arkham Knight the whole way through the story until they made you finish all the sidequests if you wanted to watch the ending (which was bad, I watched it on youtube).

Yeah I liked Arkham Knight. Probably not the best game of the year, but still really good. Some of the stuff they did with hallucinations was brilliant.

Heimbeck

Banned
The one upside to Jeff's NFS review is that it's his tenth of the year, the same number as all of last year. He might actually write more reviews in 2015 than in 2014.

2536316-fbfb41d.gif

Scizzy

I'm curious if Fallout 4 will get a review.

Probably depends on how early they get it.

They got Fallout 4 late last week (Jeff tweeted a picture of his work station and there was a copy in the shot). I'd guess there will be a review since they managed to put one up for FO3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. It'll be one of the most-viewed articles of the year, so I assume it's worth the gargantuan effort.

Scizzy

I'm pretty sure last week's Beastcast was one of the best podcasts in a while

I really disliked it, but I think I'm completely out of step with everyone else on the Beastcast as the Samantha Kalman episode was my favorite and no one seemed to like that one.

Xater

He will definitely have more, because there is no way he is not reviewing Black Ops 3.

Last games I see Jeff reviewing for the year are Call of Duty and JC3. Can't think of anything else he might do, since TR would be more of a Brad review.

I'm pretty sure last week's Beastcast was one of the best podcasts in a while

Dr. Vinny, Halloween mischief confessions and the Great Bagel War of 2015.

It was pretty alright.

FStop7

Banned
I don't feel like there's nearly as much general excitement for Fallout 4 as there was for FO3 or Skyrim. I'm really not sure why.

yup, Jeff is the only one who's actually still into CoD series. AW really pulled him back.

He had a lot of good things to say about Blops 2, particularly the branching story in the campaign.

I could watch some cross bomb-country vermintide stream.

Yeah I know essentially nothing about Warhammer (I actually didn't know that there was anything other than the 40K stuff), but it actually looked really fun. I never got much into L4D though due to the fact that I don't typically enjoy online shooters, but a lot of the game looked pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom