• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
As a Dutch person who has never once come into contact with Dr Who apart from weirdos on the internet I can say with some authority:

Dr Who is basically anime

The screenshot descriptions are great, also not surprised when it comes to the score. Kinda shocking that this is what Ghost was able to deliver with a year off.

It looks like the transition from Criterion to Ghost and losing some key people like Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry really hurt them.

strafer

Kokb8pU.gif

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Dirt rally is a pretty great driving game that came out this year.

I think it's still in early access, but it's unbelievably good for an early access game, and they've been adding lots of stuff to it pretty regularly. The game feels phenomenal with a wheel, but I've read people enjoying it with a controller.

Here are some videos I made link, link, link.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dirt rally is a pretty great driving game that came out this year.

I think it's still in early access, but it's unbelievably good for an early access game, and they've been adding lots of stuff to it pretty regularly. The game feels phenomenal with a wheel, but I've read people enjoying it with a controller.

Here are some videos I made link, link, link.
Oh, that is you! We are Steam friends and you're better than me on every damn track, always very far up on the leaderboard. You and one Codemasters dev are the bane of my Dirt existence.

I also made a video once, mostly to test OBS, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPiZZ4Trp30

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everything about Need for Speed looks godawful. Low FPS racing game, always online despite no competitive racing, terrible FMV that's only funny when you found it in a CD booklet sent by some crazy person and not when you spent money on it, and limited options. All on top of a decent but not impressive basic racing model.

SomberOwl

Damn. I really wanted a solid racing game. Might still pick it up I don't know. But the Reviews for Need for Speed that are coming in are not too favourable.

Damn. I really wanted a solid racing game. Might still pick it up I don't know. But the Reviews for Need for Speed that are coming in are not too favourable.

Play/replay Burnout Paradise! PC version still works well. It's coming to XBO backwards compatibility as well if that's more your style.

Chuck

Still without luck
Guys I haven't kept up with alt+f1 because i haven't kept up with f1. I guess going to a race didn't work out for them?

FStop7

Banned
That Halo 5 / Angry Joe thread... so many people using the "Heroic is how it's meant to be played" line. Jeff's response to that sentiment is the best.

Play/replay Burnout Paradise! PC version still works well. It's coming to XBO backwards compatibility as well if that's more your style.
I have that game and while it's pretty fun, I don't think I get the obsession with it. It feels really repetitive and the open world really seems to hurt it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That Halo 5 / Angry Joe thread... so many people using the "Heroic is how it's meant to be played" line. Jeff's response to that sentiment is the best.

Angry Joe threads are always a little perplexing to me because Joe is not a good critic. He's just loud. And the "angry" shtick is the most tired, played-out shit in the world.

Also using hour count as a metric of anything other than length, like say quality, is stupid and reductive. If the campaign was disappointing, say why. If you hate the ending because it's a cliffhanger or whatever, would that ending have been better if there were 5 more filler Locke missions that don't amount to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom