• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kAmui-

That's a solid schedule! SF stream being only 12 hours is bit of a bummer but whatever. I'll probably miss Vinny's stream live though :(

I think they did the 12 hour streams because it's less strenuous on everyone involved. 24 hours is alot. 24 hours trying to keep engaged with video games, others, or just in front of an audience must be tough.

popo

On one hand, GB SF streaming for only 12 hours during the work day seems a bit of a weak commitment and goes against the idea of EL being a hardship undergone for a good cause. Especially after all Dan's big talk.

On the other hand, it will most likely be quality over quantity and realistically I would only catch a few hours live and never did got back to the archive in previous years.

Also they scheduled it well so that it will minimize disruption to the site. The 24h weekend streams were great but then they took Monday off and complained of being tired for at least a week afterwards :p

Also they scheduled it well so that it will minimize disruption to the site. The 24h weekend streams were great but then they took Monday off and complained of being tired for at least a week afterwards :p

Yup and with Black Ops 3, Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 (and i think battlefront?) releasing in the next few days, they probably can't take time off either.

kAmui-

I think they did the 12 hour streams because it's less strenuous on everyone involved. 24 hours is alot. 24 hours trying to keep engaged with video games, others, or just in front of an audience must be tough.

I don't know what you mean
wMemIkf.gif

Can we start a campaign to get them to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for COOA? I'm too much of a scaredy cat to play those games myself, and they seem to be just the right kind of eastern European open world jank for Vinny to conjure up greatness from. (Also, Austin keeps namedropping these games every so often)
Stalker needs to be played. I posted it in both of Vinnys threads.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What was the Disney published game, that was all about a crazy TV show where things in the world blew up and stuff? Split Second? Is that worth checking out these days? Also Blur. Blur was super fun.

I fucking loved Split/Second when it came out, but I haven't played it since. I got gold medals on all the events. I don't even typically like racing games.

Zaph

I fucking loved Split/Second when it came out, but I haven't played it since. I got gold medals on all the events. I don't even typically like racing games.

Split/Second was a great little game, but once you'd seen all the destruction, there wasn't much to keep you coming back like Burnout could. Pure was also a fun ATV game they put out, but again, not a lot of longevity.

Pour one out for Black Rock

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I can't believe it's time for Extra Life again. I don't think I got through all of last year. I definitely will be missing some this year too. Great lineup, however.

The Extra Life schedule looks pretty cool with a lot of variation. No party stream with East is a bit of a shame, but solo Vinny stream should be fun, too.

Gnome

24 hours of miserable Brad was always my favorite part, I'm sad he isn't doing it this year. It also means no peeg powered donations.

Well to be fair, it being strenuous and difficult is sorta the whole basis behind the Extra Life marathons.

Hopefully like in past years we'll get a good variety of guests passing through Drew and Alexis's stream!

It's not like they haven't made bad decisions on streams that are less than 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure that having Dan around roughly doubles the odds of dumb shit happening.

that's very rude

i'm sure he/she will give you a scathing reply once the library opens

no but seriously, f that noise. our internet structure in america is awful.

Ha, joke's on you, I can load up text based stuff easy on this satellite internet.

Boy if the internet was so bad I couldn't even browse Neogaf... I mean other than when the connection drops because of heavy rain.

repeater

Maybe it will be of some interest to the thread to know that Jeff Green
AKA the best Jeff on the internet
has resumed his streaming of video games in general and future GiantBomb Game of the Year Bloodborne in particular, over at http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak. There have been two streams since his comeback on Halloween, and -- as is to be expected from the legendary Black Dragon -- he is making remarkable progress.

Maybe it will be of some interest to the thread to know that Jeff Green
AKA the best Jeff on the internet
has resumed his streaming of video games in general and future GiantBomb Game of the Year Bloodborne in particular, over at http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak. There have been two streams since his comeback on Halloween, and -- as is to be expected from the legendary Black Dragon -- he is making remarkable progress.

This made me realize I hadn't heard anything about Kay Plays in a while, so I went and checked and realized she's doing a Life is Strange LP.

A shame we arent getting another all hands on deck 24 hour steam.

A full weekend of steams is probably smarter but I love the shitshow those steams become 18 hours in and the weird stuff that happens in the middle of the night

Zaph

A shame we arent getting another all hands on deck 24 hour steam.

A full weekend of steams is probably smarter but I love the shitshow those steams become 18 hours in and the weird stuff that happens in the middle of the night

Yeah, it's a shame, but all-nighters start to really suck as you get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom