• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just lean my phone on a coffee mug like a normal person.

Yeah but I have to touch it a bunch to set waypoints and change my inventory around and stuff. This just seems more convinent. Part of me really wanted that stupid Pipboy though (and probably would've bought it if it supported the 6+), so clearly I'm already a garbage person.

I'm pretty sure this is just a trap. If you buy this the government comes and takes you away.

Gotta buy it from the dark web.

def sim

I use the Wii U gamepad stand. I don't necessarily recommend buying a Wii U just for this solution though.

I don't think it would work with fallout anyway. ;)

Yeah but I have to touch it a bunch to set waypoints and change my inventory around and stuff. This just seems more convinent. Part of me really wanted that stupid Pipboy though (and probably would've bought it if it supported the 6+), so clearly I'm already a garbage person.

Hey, it's cool, the thing is only $10 and you'll likely get a lot of use out of it if the pipboy stuff was in your sights.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Of course, silly me. I didn't know the gamepad used a separate stand. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's really handy for having a youtube video or something playing while I am playing a game.

79582_l.png

It would probably be a frivolous purchase to buy the console just for the nifty plastic bit there, but you should all have Mario Maker by now anyway.

Not really. They would just be lost and that wouldn't even result in anything particularly funny in that game.

Alex sorta understands sports. Austin sorta understands overcomplicated menu-based games. Vinny understands how to break anything placed in front of him.

Xater

Alex sorta understands sports. Austin sorta understands overcomplicated menu-based games. Vinny understands how to break anything placed in front of him.

Alex doesn't even like playing current franchise mode in Madden and this game is way more complicated. Having actually played a bit of FM I seriously question that choice.

I'd rather see them play 7th Guest which they mentioned last week. I guarantee you that would be fun.

Dragon

Banned
any word on a Driveclub bikes QL?

Is Jeff the only one to play the original game from GB? If so, I wouldn't hold your breath, he was completely apathetic to it, to the point I doubt they'd do a QL of the expansion.

Alex doesn't even like playing current franchise mode in Madden and this game is way more complicated. Having actually played a bit of FM I seriously question that choice.

I'd rather see them play 7th Guest which they mentioned last week. I guarantee you that would be fun.

I question the choice to stop playing Life is Strange! The amount of laughter I got from watching them absolutely lose it on the Spirits Within joke was worth it alone.

Xater

I question the choice to stop playing Life is Strange! The amount of laughter I got from watching them absolutely lose it on the Spirits Within joke was worth it alone.

They already said they will make it a separate series, so you LiS weirdos can shut up.

def sim

It's really handy for having a youtube video or something playing while I am playing a game.

79582_l.png

It would probably be a frivolous purchase to buy the console just for the nifty plastic bit there, but you should all have Mario Maker by now anyway.

Yeah, I have my fingers crossed for a significant Black Friday deal. I'll get around to playing more of GB's 2015 GOTY soon enough.

tchocky

They already said they will make it a separate series, so you LiS weirdos can shut up.

They said they would move it to a separate series after they finished episode 2 on COOA for the non subscribers. They didn't do it last week, presumably because Austin was not there but will probably do it today which is probably why Vinny hasn't posted a thread this week.

I skimmed through that thread Vinny posted hoping to see which game was winning the vote - and it is a shit show. Vinny does say that it isn't strictly "most votes wins" and it is more suggestions - but he is going to have to read every post. People voting LIS even though he said not to and people posting multiple games. Some dude posted 20. It would have been much easier if ppl were told to only vote once and clearly. Like they do for community GOTY.

Anyway. Sims 4, Divinity and (hilariously) Football Manager were getting the most votes. Once you exclude stuff they have already played.

I'm probably the dude that posted a big ass list of games but that's what I aimed for, post many games that I played and love to see them play. It's up to them to choose whatever they feel like playing. Anything they choose I will cross it from my list till there will be no more games so that means hopefully in 50 or so years I'll see that happening.

Zornack

Most Overrated Game of the Year:

UnderTale, with runners up The Withcer 3 and Life is Strange.

All of those games are great

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Most Overrated Game of the Year:

UnderTale

Legit. It's a cute game but the way people carry on about it is kind of insane.

I mean, I'm happy for them that they like it so much, I'm not here to tell them they're wrong, I just don't see it.

LiK

Legit. It's a cute game but the way people carry on about it is kind of insane.

I mean, I'm happy for them that they like it so much, I'm not here to tell them they're wrong, I just don't see it.

did you finish it or just watched the QL? cuz the shit that happens in the game is amazing.

did you finish it or just watched the QL? cuz the shit that happens in the game is amazing.

I've been meaning to play it but from what I seen it's a charming game and that goes a long way. It's the reason I come back to play Nintendo games because most if not all of them are just damn charming.

KingKong

Brigador looks really really cool, though I'm not sure what happens when you beat the 4 map stages, is it just a score attack game?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I finished it. I was initially very warm to what it was doing but the further in the game I got, the less I liked it. It got weirdly difficult close to the end to the point where I was really confused about what the game actually wanted to do. Like it's for the most part super easy which is fine because it's about the writing and the charm, and then suddenly it gets hard despite the fact that the battle system is sluggish and imprecise. I didn't like the one-note characters towards the end of the game like Alphys and Metaton. Ending didn't do anything for me either.

I've been meaning to play it but from what I seen it's a charming game and that goes a long way. It's the reason I come back to play Nintendo games because most if not all of them are just damn charming.

it's definitely going to appeal to the part of the internet that grind everything charming into paste, but that doesn't mean that it should only be enjoyed by those lunatics.

but if people don't like it that's ok too.

Xater

Brigador looks really really cool, though I'm not sure what happens when you beat the 4 map stages, is it just a score attack game?

Congrats you beat the four stages!

The game is still in development. Progression and upgrade system and not yet implemented.

DamnBoxes

I finished it. I was initially very warm to what it was doing but the further in the game I got, the less I liked it. It got weirdly difficult close to the end to the point where I was really confused about what the game actually wanted to do. Like it's for the most part super easy which is fine because it's about the writing and the charm, and then suddenly it gets hard despite the fact that the battle system is sluggish and imprecise. I didn't like the one-note characters towards the end of the game like Alphys and Metaton. Ending didn't do anything for me either.

Different strokes for different folks huh, I had the completely opposite experience. Wasn't really invested all that much the first hour or so but the further into it I got, the more I loved it.

Different strokes for different folks huh, I had the completely opposite experience. Wasn't really invested all that much the first hour or so but the further into it I got, the more I loved it.

it didn't really click with me until I got to the skeleton brothers and their "jobs." from there I was pretty on board.

also the pacifist combat system was surprisingly clever and managed to stay fresh the entire game

Xater

it didn't really click with me until I got to the skeleton brothers and their "jobs." from there I was pretty on board.

also the pacifist combat system was surprisingly clever and managed to stay fresh the entire game

Meanwhile I got bored of the gameplay 90 minutes into the game. The fun writing is nt enough to string me along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom