• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

fuck man, is it too much to ask for at least one of these services to actually pick up some j-dramas?

I want one of those services to pick up some of those NHK Taiga historical dramas. The one for next year is about the Sanada clan, Crunchyroll or Netflix would make a killing off of all of us Samurai Warriors fans, all 20 of us!

danm999

I'm like 3 episodes in, and I don't think Telltale's Game of Thrones is exceptional, but I sure as hell want to know what happens with these characters. It has at least that going for it.

The most interesting characters in the game tend to be major characters in the show/book and I immediately know nothing can happen to them that I don't know about in this spin off piece of media.

When this was announced initially, I was super excited because I though Telltale would simply utilise the literally thousands of years of history in the Song of Ice and Fire universe to create something actually engaging. Instead they decided to do this Rosencrantz and Guildernstern are Dead thing that is just falling flat for me.

Like, I get why they did it. You'd be crazy not to make a Game of Thrones game and slap Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister all over it, but it's still disappointing as hell to me.

The most interesting characters in the game tend to be major characters in the show/book and I immediately know nothing can happen to them that I don't know about in this spin off piece of media.

When this was announced initially, I was super excited because I though Telltale would simply utilise the literally thousands of years of history in the Song of Ice and Fire universe to create something actually engaging. Instead they decided to do this Rosencrantz and Guildernstern are Dead thing that is just falling flat for me.

Like, I get why they did it. You'd be crazy not to make a Game of Thrones game and slap Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister all over it, but it's still disappointing as hell to me.

Yep, I will never not be bummed that Telltale had the opportunity to adapt that world without concern for television/movie CG budgeting and didn't make the most of it. A game set during the Dance of the Dragons or the Blackfyre Rebellion would be full of opportunities for cool storytelling without being overly bound by the main plot of the series.

daydream

Banned
solo vinny will probably be amazing (bot colony and velvet sundown, yo), can't go wrong with a sf crew stream, jason (& lisa?) should be fun, lang is in a league of his own, solo austin is unexpected but should be cool, and i guess drew and alexis will play some halo

Extra Life schedule:

6 PM Thursday Austin
7 AM Friday Giant Bomb SF
7 PM Friday Vinny
3 AM Saturday Jason
9 AM Saturday Drew and Alexis
8 AM Sunday Dave Lang
8 AM Monday The End!

Drew is the only GB staff doing the whole 24 hours? Figured if nothing else that Dan would be up for that at least. That's too bad, half the charm of Extra Life is watching them struggle through the wee hours of the night :(

Zornack

Drew is the only GB staff doing the whole 24 hours? Figured if nothing else that Dan would be up for that at least. That's too bad, half the charm of Extra Life is watching them struggle through the wee hours of the night :(

At least the others are doing ~12 hours shifts. GameSpot one year was doing like 3 hours shifts, that's just not long enough.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Gonna tune in for SF, Vinny and Drew depending in when that is in my time.
Rest....not that interesting to me (because Jason is probably just going to play fighting games)

Hmmm, not sure about that schedule, I'll probably have to skip everything past Vinny unfortunately. I guess Brad is going to be with the other guys this year, and no GB East collective stream is kind of weird.

Jintor

I would not mind Austin playing through that.

i look pretty fondly upon it.

Speaking of Austin, his RP side podcast Friends at the Table is pretty enjoyable. As you might think Austin makes a pretty great DM, propensity to use 20% more words than you necessarily need aside.

"Dear Activision. Give me 6 billion dollars and the Quantum Leap license and I will change the damn world."

tumblr_nocfyxbAVo1ssvqsho9_250.gif

Vinny knows what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom