• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

The Extra Life schedule looks pretty cool with a lot of variation. No party stream with East is a bit of a shame, but solo Vinny stream should be fun, too.

Other than the obvious situation of Vinny having young kids - it could also be that CBSi NY don't like staff in there after hours and I don't think travelling to and from Manhattan at that time of night/morning would be fun. I suspect East streams will be from their homes.

I have a group of friends that we meet up yearly at midnight on christmas eve at a waffle house, and let me tell you that place is absolutely amazing for entertainment every year. We've tried to find a new place to meet though because we all got tired of being sick on christmas day from the food, but no other place is open. So we now just hang out for like an hour and no one eats. The place is usually completely packed and the wait staff is crazy and up for none of anyones shit. It all makes for a fun yearly experience.

I have a group of friends that we meet up yearly at midnight on christmas eve at a waffle house, and let me tell you that place is absolutely amazing for entertainment every year. We've tried to find a new place to meet though because we all got tired of being sick on christmas day from the food, but no other place is open. So we now just hang out for like an hour and no one eats. The place is usually completely packed and the wait staff is crazy and up for none of anyones shit. It all makes for a fun yearly experience.

I know several people who have been threatened with knife violence at a Waffle House. Waffle House is like an inescapable vortex for all the things that the rest of the world are like "wtf America." all those stereotypes, drawn inexplicably to those horrible brown despair buildings

I know several people who have been threatened with knife violence at a Waffle House. Waffle House is like an inescapable vortex for all the things that the rest of the world are like "wtf America." all those stereotypes, drawn inexplicably to those horrible brown despair buildings

I had silverware thrown at me once because I asked for new silverware because the ones I had looked freshly used. Not just dirty, but like with food still on it. She seemed to be angry for the question and wasn't interested in coming around the counter so she just threw it.

I would not recommend it at all unless you're only there for this exact experience.

What kind of waffles do they serve though.

Flat and undercooked? Everything is always undercooked.

My Premium Subscription is about to run out. Any ideas on when they'll have another sale? Blackfriday is probably pretty likely, right?

that's very rude

i'm sure he/she will give you a scathing reply once the library opens

no but seriously, f that noise. our internet structure in america is awful.

latest

Here in the middle east it's the same fucking thing, it's entirely dependent on which block and area you live in so you better know about the internet before moving or else you'll be stuck with shitty internet for very, very long. My heart goes out to all gamers with shitty internet out there, this gen in particular has not been very kind, at all.

Been rewatching Demo Derby: Sega Dreamcast Generator Vol. 01. Drew's reaction to Sonic Adventure's opening fills me with joy. It reminds me of me whenever I look at the opening and surprise myself at how much I remember out of that intro and the song as well.

Bonus Drew round. Here's his HL2 level he made with his buddy and some of his UCLA projects.

That pollvault still works lol.

Damn.

I would resort to crime too if the only waffles I can get are undercooked waffles.

the only thing Waffle House is an upgrade from is a struggle sandwich, and I'd be completely unsurprised if they added that to their menu.

Taco Bell breakfast looks and tastes like the food manifestation of severe depression, but at least you can take it back to your underlit shamecave and eat it in peace

You have to eat Waffle House food in full view of other humans

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Then again in my city I can get access to a place that does amazing french sandwiches as well as amazing belgian waffles, as well as a place that sells snack-like waffles in a way that is somewhat like donuts.

I feel like I live in a waffle-privileged city.

Only time I'm happy to live in NJ because we have real diners that are 24/7.

we don't have much of that but with our local korean population, there's a bunch of 24 hour korean restaurants. I admittedly have only a few times been to one at ridiculous hours like 4am, but for some reason there are always customers.

daydream

Banned
brigador ql definitely has some of that beast 'praising the soundtrack but i can barely hear it without turning up the volume way too high' staple going on

Only time I'm happy to live in NJ because we have real diners that are 24/7.

The sad thing is there are other options in the area, but just not on Christmas Eve night at midnight. Now it's been like 7 years running and it's hard to break that tradition. Not even IHOP or Tee Jay's that are barely upgrades from Waffle House are open at that time.

So we just don't eat and people watch for an hour or so.

popo

I skimmed through that thread Vinny posted hoping to see which game was winning the vote - and it is a shit show. Vinny does say that it isn't strictly "most votes wins" and it is more suggestions - but he is going to have to read every post. People voting LIS even though he said not to and people posting multiple games. Some dude posted 20. It would have been much easier if ppl were told to only vote once and clearly. Like they do for community GOTY.

Anyway. Sims 4, Divinity and (hilariously) Football Manager were getting the most votes. Once you exclude stuff they have already played.

The only thing I'm sad about is that I can't find a good chicken and waffle place around here.

Find a good chicken place and then make your own waffles and add your own syrup. Or is it more complicated than that? I don't like chicken or waffles.

Xater

brigador ql definitely has some of that beast 'praising the soundtrack but i can barely hear it without turning up the volume way too high' staple going on

I know I just need Brigador. Soundtrack is dope and Austin basically saying it is Desert Strike with mechs did the rest.

Strax

I skimmed through that thread Vinny posted hoping to see which game was winning the vote - and it is a shit show. Vinny does say that it isn't strictly "most votes wins" and it is more suggestions - but he is going to have to read every post. People voting LIS even though he said not to and people posting multiple games. Some dude posted 20. It would have been much easier if ppl were told to only vote once and clearly. Like they do for community GOTY.

Anyway. Sims 4, Divinity and (hilariously) Football Manager were getting the most votes. Once you exclude stuff they have already played.

Find a good chicken place and then make your own waffles and add your own syrup. Or is it more complicated than that? I don't like chicken or waffles.

Where is this thread?

A shame we arent getting another all hands on deck 24 hour steam.

A full weekend of steams is probably smarter but I love the shitshow those steams become 18 hours in and the weird stuff that happens in the middle of the night

I was kinda bummed about that, but I feel like so many changes will lead to stronger streams overall. I'm just glad Vinny, Austin, Jeff, and Dan are getting involved this year.

Black Ops 3 is really out in 2 days? That snuck up.

I wanted to finish The Beginer's Guide, Undertale, Life is Strange, and SOMA all before this and Fallout 4 came out and everything got crazy. Instead I just played a bunch of Destiny.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I actually kinda did something like this once. Bought some mcdonald pancakes, went to a place that does fried chicken, and combined the 2.

def sim

I'd like to learn what Football Manager is all about with Vinny and finally find out why some people play a whole lot of it in my steam friends list.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'd like to learn what Football Manager is all about with Vinny and finally find out why some people play a whole lot of it in my steam friends list.
It's a very stat-heavy game. If you don't like Football and don't have a team you root for it's really hard to get into. Also it takes a lot of time to do something "worthwhile" (in the context of a stream) and even then it's not represented in a very interesting way. And I love FM.

None of those games sound great tbh.
Divinity is an amazing game but it's all about combat and that doesn't lend itself to funny stuff. Sims 4? Really? And I don't know what people expect from FM but FM is an excel game.
All terrible choices.

Sakwoff

Woo! Extra Life is kind of the best time of the year for Giant Bomb content. :D

I'm probably only gonna take a peek here and there, because I got stuff to do, but there is something strangely comforting about being able to tune in anytime and have a GB stream right there for you to watch.

Also kind of super excited for the Austin stream. Gonna be good!

Football Manager would be pretty funny I think because they would get tanked and fall out with every player.

I could see Vinny making good use of the 'Storm Out' button.

popo

lol, Glitches got his email on the bombcast. I assume it is him moaning about rural internet.

Where is this thread?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gen...e-our-own-adventure-for-wed-10282015-1785088/

Problem is Austin is the only one who has any interest in soccer and those games are very stat heavy. You would need to know an awful lot about soccer - specifically the english leagues - and also have put some hours in to management sims. From what I remember the tutorials are virtually non-existent.

Understanding the appeal is similar to why people get way in to Fantasy Football. Only rather than watching the games and waiting a week, the computer simulates the results based on real world stats. There is another few layers of complexity on top but at it's base it is just picking a team and trading players.

Football Manager is all about believing you can do better than the supposed idiot that is running your club in real life.

def sim

It's a very stat-heavy game. If you don't like Football and don't have a team you root for it's really hard to get into. Also it takes a lot of time to do something "worthwhile" (in the context of a stream) and even then it's not represented in a very interesting way. And I love FM.

Oh, I see. That doesn't sound like it would make for good content at all!

Problem is Austin is the only one who has any interest in soccer and those games are very stat heavy. You would need to know an awful lot about soccer - specifically the english leagues - and also have put some hours in to management sims. From what I remember the tutorials are virtually non-existent.

Understanding the appeal is similar to why people get way in to Fantasy Football. Only rather than watching the games and waiting a week, the computer simulates the results based on real world stats. There is another few layers of complexity on top but at it's base it is just picking a team and trading players.

Football Manager is all about believing you can do better than the supposed idiot that is running your club in real life.

Well, turns out a paragraph or so is all I needed to understand. I hope Vinny plays whatever open world or point and click game instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom