• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and Lang design a Mario Maker level for Dan.

Well, here's what Patrick posted a few hours ago on Instagram.

Ga81QZG.jpg

I wonder if this is the WiiU that has Brad's account trapped inside.

AcridMeat

Banned
nfs-hot-pursuit-2010-opener.jpg

The only recent NFS you'll ever need. This new one just made me go back and play that one again, still great.
Ha it's funny I was just talking to someone about Hot Pursuit's remake being my recent favorite, and maybe reinstalling my PC copy.
Extra Life schedule:

6 PM Thursday Austin
7 AM Friday Giant Bomb SF
7 PM Friday Vinny
3 AM Saturday Jason
9 AM Saturday Drew and Alexis
8 AM Sunday Dave Lang
8 AM Monday The End!
Friday night Vinny oh my god what a beautiful sight.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's a cockpit view mod as well if you want that sort of thing. I replayed it on 360 yesterday and it's still really damn fun, probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a damn good Burnout cross NFS game.
Ha, I remember that specific stretch of road vividly. The video also reminded me of the soundtrack, you're right that was super good too.

What was the Disney published game, that was all about a crazy TV show where things in the world blew up and stuff? Split Second? Is that worth checking out these days? Also Blur. Blur was super fun.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
guess i'll be watching the archives.
How long does it usually take for them to put the videos of these up? Or are they just doing them on twitch so they'll be instant?

So, uh, I guess Drew is behind putting Metal Gear Scanlon on the schedule. All the episodes that were released while he was on vacation simply released. The next episode (the first since he's returned) is on the schedule. It is the first episode to appear on the schedule since before he left. Why is that not automated?

So, uh, I guess Drew is behind putting Metal Gear Scanlon on the schedule. All the episodes that were released while he was on vacation simply released. The next episode (the first since he's returned) is on the schedule. It is the first episode to appear on the schedule since before he left. Why is that not automated?

Probably a reminder sort of thing. Have it hidden for themselves, and then show it to the public.
I hope Drew does a travelogue. It seems this trip was more personal though..

Tubobutts

Job security.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Jeff(?) has mentioned that there are things they can't say they're showing until they go up, so they can't have everything on the schedule. Making it manual is probably easier than dealing with angry publishers if you forget to uncheck the box.

Robaperas

So I watched all of Breaking Brad Demon's Souls run in less than a week and it was really entertaining, I loved how he went out of his way or ignored any kind of danger just to quench his crystal lizard thirst. His "feud" with Old King Doran turning the level to pure black made everything go south pretty fast. Also that "guest star" invader was a real asshole.

I hope Dave drops by Drew and Alexis' stretch. I miss that guy.

My hope for the Vinny stream is that he finally plays the games he didn't get to play during the year.

That would be a great thing for alot of segments, really, imho.

So I watched all of Breaking Brad Demon's Souls run in less than a week and it was really entertaining, I loved how he went out of his way or ignored any kind of danger just to quench his crystal lizard thirst. His "feud" with Old King Doran turning the level to pure black made everything go south pretty fast. Also that "guest star" invader was a real asshole.

I know, wasn't it great?

yami4ct

Drew playing Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 warms my heart. Mechanically, the EO series is easily my favorite RPG series going. So much depth in the character building, combat and dungeon crawling. Hearing him hate on the story isn't surprising, as that is easily a weak point for the Untold series. Even as someone who likes generic anime tales, those just have very little going for them.

Man, Monster Hunter, Puzzle and Dragons and now EO. Drew doesn't play very many games, but when he does it's like he's pulling from a grab bag of my personal favorites.

Drew playing Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 warms my heart. Mechanically, the EO series is easily my favorite RPG series going. So much depth in the character building, combat and dungeon crawling. Hearing him hate on the story isn't surprising, as that is easily a weak point for the Untold series. Even as someone who likes generic anime tales, those just have very little going for them.

Man, Monster Hunter, Puzzle and Dragons and now EO. Drew doesn't play very many games, but when he does it's like he's pulling from a grab bag of my personal favorites.

EO is great. I know people don't like the story mode in the Untold remakes, but I like having a little fluff in my RPGs compared to the almost nothing in the non-Untold EO games, even if it isn't great. I'm not really the kind of creative guy to create my own parties with their own names, etc.

4's definitely my favorite though. That game is excellent.

yami4ct

EO is great. I know people don't like the story mode in the Untold remakes, but I like having a little fluff in my RPGs compared to the almost nothing in the non-Untold EO games, even if it isn't great. I'm not really the kind of creative guy to create my own parties with their own names, etc.

4's definitely my favorite though. That game is excellent.

I wouldn't mind some decent story stuff in EO, but it's not what I'm there for personally. I think having premade parties in Untold is interesting for a change as it forces me to use classes I wouldn't touch otherwise, though.

And, yeah, EO4 is in GOAT territory. It's easily in my Top 10 games ever. It's so damn good. The subclassing system is sorely missed in the Untold games.

jambo

I just noticed something whilst copying podcasts on to my phone.

Bombcast and Beastcast are 64 kbps, Alt+F1 and Danswers are 96 kbps.

Dat premium!

yami4ct

Is there a thread for the next Choose our own Adventure on the GB forums? I can't find it.

I couldn't find it either when I looked a bit earlier. Didn't they promise to do one more LiS episode before moving that to its own feature? Maybe they're making good on that.

Quentyn

I couldn't find it either when I looked a bit earlier. Didn't they promise to do one more LiS episode before moving that to its own feature? Maybe they're making good on that.

I would be okay with that. 2 hours should be enough to finish the second episode.

repeater

Can we start a campaign to get them to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for COOA? I'm too much of a scaredy cat to play those games myself, and they seem to be just the right kind of eastern European open world jank for Vinny to conjure up greatness from. (Also, Austin keeps namedropping these games every so often)

I would be okay with that. 2 hours should be enough to finish the second episode.

I cannot see that taking anywhere near two hours if they choose to play it, as they are half way through the Ep already. Maybe an hour tops. The basically have to
find a bunch of bottles (and take a bit too long finding the bonfire one... as everyone does), Save Chloe from the train (which is a bunch of trial and error, and then try to save Kate (which is a one shot deal).

Trying to save Kate is going to be hard especially after the long break they took as they will have forgot important details, maybe they will reload a checkpoint?

Maybe we will get another hour of subwayman Vinny?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can we start a campaign to get them to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for COOA? I'm too much of a scaredy cat to play those games myself, and they seem to be just the right kind of eastern European open world jank for Vinny to conjure up greatness from. (Also, Austin keeps namedropping these games every so often)

Eh, they're not that scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom