• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
LiS is just a medicore game with nothing of much interest for them to work with. It's not funny, it's not telling a good story, the characters aren't interesting and there is no gameplay to create tension.

I strongly disagree. I think they're engaged and interested and the characters are interesting because games don't DO teens.

Dragon

Banned

jennifer-gifs-3-jennifer-lawrence-33845017-500-242.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The LiS shitposting is really tiresome. We get it, you're too cool for a game about teen drama. You gotta let everyone know, every single week?

Patryn

Spoilers for upcoming scene:

I really hope that they can't save Kate. I've been curious to see how that plays out.

The LiS shitposting is really tiresome. We get it, you're too cool for a game about teen drama. You gotta let everyone know, every single week?

No I'm not too cool for this game. I just think the dialogue is awful. It's OK to not like a game that they're playing, but at least I enjoy them playing it because them laughing at the game is pretty great.

Dineren

Banned
I really need to hurry up and play LiS, I can never bring myself to watch these shows if there is even a small possibility I'll later play it.

Chuck

Still without luck
ya know, i thought ep 1 of life is strange had poor writing so i didn't play it

and uh yeah, guess i didn't miss much

Well at least that scene was handled a LOT better than the rest of the game so far. It was a lot more tense than most telltale-style adventure games.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No I'm not too cool for this game. I just think the dialogue is awful. It's OK to not like a game that they're playing, but at least I enjoy them playing it because them laughing at the game is pretty great.

Yeah it's okay, even though you're wrong, I'm saying the shitposting that amounts to nothing more than "LiS sucks" is tiresome and I could do without having that every single time they play it.

These music outros are great in the way Alan Wake's were. Even if you didn't love the episode, it gets you pumped to see what happens next.

There is absolutely nothing great about Alan Wake. I feel like it gave me PTSD.

Edit:
Yeah it's okay, even though you're wrong, I'm saying the shitposting that amounts to nothing more than "LiS sucks" is tiresome and I could do without having that every single time they play it.

Yeah I don't think anybody who likes the game is dumb or wrong. It certainly has its strengths. It's just a shame that the very serious story elements are brought down by what I think is pretty terrible dialogue by nearly every character.

Second Edit: I actually think the latest PC issues with Arkham Knight actually reflect a lot better on Iron Galaxy since it seems there are a variety of issues that aren't feasible for fixing without creating an entirely new game. My guess is that the core team just didn't properly prepare the engine for a PC port, which is weird. If it was just IG doing a poor job, they would have had months for Rocksteady and other WB teams to take a look at the issues to see what they could do. The fact that NOBODY seems to be able to fix it properly means that there are some very deep-seated issues with that game that can't be fixed without spending a lot of time and money for which they won't see a proper ROI.

justjim89

That was great. They really nailed the Kate scene. Some funny ass moments too. I'm super eager to see how they react to the end of episode 3.

And 4, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom