• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin confirmed that he'll start 6 PM EST at the end of today's stream. The reason why I care about the rest is only because I want a correct overview in the Extra Life thread :p

My estimate right now is (all PST):

3PM PST Thursday Austin

7AM PST Friday Giant Bomb SF

7PM PST Friday Vinny

3AM PST Saturday Jason

9AM PST Saturday Drew and Alexis

9AM PST Sunday Dave Lang

9AM PST Monday The End!

I'm on it!

Looks like Rorie edited the article to indicate the time zone (All in PST).

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/extra-life-2015-is-upon-us-and-we-have-a-stream-sc/1100-5293/

November is the month of waiting

soon it will be time for fallout 4 which i will play only so that i can forget the pain of not being in the overwatch beta

blizzard please

Lelcar

Oh man I'm gonna get SOO much RPG/PSN trophy grinding done this weekend thanks to this.

Also, time for me to watch the stream I missed earlier...

Yeah, I picked the perfect time to get into Project CARS, because it would be crazy to not have anything on in the background while playing a driving game. Probably grind out some sidequests in The Witcher 3, maybe finish a second playthrough of Undertale. MGSV missions. There's lots of games that will go well with watching Extra Life this year. Can't wait!

Giant Bomb #18 | I'm going to fuck and die or eat shit and live
added on to it

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

soon it will be time for fallout 4 which i will play only so that i can forget the pain of not being in the overwatch beta

blizzard please

In a few days you can ignore that pain and PLAY SOME FUGGIN' STARCRAFT II LEGACY OF THE VOID which is a video game from Blizzard that comes out in November on the 10th of that month.

Anjin M

blizzard please

I have so much Witching still ahead of me. I don't have time for any more games.

Finally got to the Ugly Baby quest where Dan stopped. I can't imagine putting the game down at this point. Things are popping off!

(I can how hard it would be to pick up again, though, so I don't blame him.)

I feel kind of guilty. So, next week is Target's annual B2G1 and I plan on (reviews pending) Fallout 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops III (still could change, regardless of reviews). I thought about getting Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain as the free game. But, I feel like I'm getting my fill of it from watching Metal Gear Scanlon. I don't know. But I feel like if I got it I'd be hesitant to play it if I get it and be burnt out on it if I did. Plus, the base management stuff seems daunting. Right now, I'm deciding between Transformers: Devastation, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (though I have all three on PS3), Mortal Kombat X (kind of want to wait for the eventual "Komplete" Edition), AC: Syndicate (haven't played an AC game since AC1), Dishonored: Remastered (I have it on PS3 on both disk and from PS+), or, yes, even still Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Transformers is the only one without a caveat. I just wish the deal was a week later when Battlefront was out. Rock Band 4 is also a possibility, as I still have my RB1 instruments (as well as a powered USB hub) and would be all set to use them on my PS4.

Some UK microbrewery totally ripped off Dan's book art and copyright for an air force gator beer.

Dan gave them permission (after they asked) and they're trying to send their beer to be featured on a UPF. They are clearly big Giant Bomb fans.

If I were you I'd pick Syndicate out of all of those. It's probably worth experiencing an AC other than 1 for you.

Your feelings about MGSV are probably right on the money. If you're watching Drew play, I really don't think the game is worth experiencing for yourself. The mission structure is pretty repetitive and you'll absolutely get burnt out on it.

I'd say if there's one Metal Gear game to actually play while watching MGScanlon, its V since missions can play out super differently from person to person and at the least, mechanically the game is worth playing just to see how everything feels and how insane the tools are. Plus, its not like Drew is exactly showing off anything unique about why people love it so much. MGScanlon, as much as I love it, has never really been a strong way to show off the game to people who might want to play it.

In the same vein, hold out on Metal Gear if you're in the states. Black Friday will definitely have sales on it. You're better off picking up a more recent game that probably won't see strong sales.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You're recommending an Assassin's Creed game over MGSV....

0123_2ls4d.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Fun fact of the day...

A PC equipped with an i7 CPU, 32gb of ram and TWO GeForce GTX 980 in SLI is not enough to get more than 4-5fps in Witcher 3 with everything maxed out including Hairworks and running a Triple 4K screen setup (11520x2160 resolution). The more you know!

PS: I love my job...

If I were you I'd pick Syndicate out of all of those. It's probably worth experiencing an AC other than 1 for you.

Your feelings about MGSV are probably right on the money. If you're watching Drew play, I really don't think the game is worth experiencing for yourself. The mission structure is pretty repetitive and you'll absolutely get burnt out on it.

How much prior knowledge of the series do you need? I tried to keep up with it. But was not prepared for it to become an annual franchise. I put off getting AC2, not realizing AC: Brotherhood would release the next year. Then AC: Revelations came. I actually had bought AC3 during the Target B2G1 sale in 2012 (along with Need For Speed Most Wanted and Madden 13). I never played it though, as I returned AC3 and NFS:MW and put that money towards the PlayStation branded 24" 3D Display. AC4 was intriguing, but I passed on it. AC: Unity was just a mess (despite looking gorgeous) and I had no interest in going last-gen for AC: Rogue. I kind of wish Ubisoft would just make AC games that are 100% set in the past with no connections to modern day.

LiK

Fun fact of the day...

A PC equipped with an i7 CPU, 32gb of ram and TWO GeForce GTX 980 in SLI is not enough to get more than 4-5fps in Witcher 3 with everything maxed out including Hairworks and running a Triple 4K screen setup (11520x2160 resolution). The more you know!

PS: I love my job...

pretty nice job

How much prior knowledge of the series do you need? I tried to keep up with it. But was not prepared for it to become an annual franchise. I put off getting AC2, not realizing AC: Brotherhood would release the next year. Then AC: Revelations came. I actually had bought AC3 during the Target B2G1 sale in 2012 (along with Need For Speed Most Wanted and Madden 13). I never played it though, as I returned AC3 and NFS:MW and put that money towards the PlayStation branded 24" 3D Display. AC4 was intriguing, but I passed on it. AC: Unity was just a mess (despite looking gorgeous) and I had no interest in going last-gen for AC: Rogue. I kind of wish Ubisoft would just make AC games that are 100% set in the past with no connections to modern day.

While not 100%, I hear Syndicate is like 98% in the past.

The games are super self-contained now.

I haven't played it personally, just giving an opinion based on what you said about each game. Either that or Transformers seem like the best options to me, since you haven't played them already. I say what I say about Metal Gear because I got burnt out on the game super easily and I hadn't been watching someone play through the whole thing.

So, Super Mario Maker update just released. I wonder what the GB crew will have in store for us.

I just KNOW that Dan or Jeff is going to create levels where if you get the checkpoint and respawn at it you'll be trapped in an infinite death trap of some type. So not only will you have to play the entire level from scratch if you die, you'll have to avoid those checkpoints.

Zornack

I just KNOW that Dan or Jeff is going to create levels where if you get the checkpoint and respawn at it you'll be trapped in an infinite death trap of some type. So not only will you have to play the entire level from scratch if you die, you'll have to avoid those checkpoints.

I thought part of the checkpoint update was that you have to beat your levels from the start and from any checkpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom