• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

OK, Dan has said some weird shit, but calling buttered popcorn jelly bellies his favorite is just too much.

No Dan is 100% right on that one.

There are many things I disagree with Dan on but his taste in candy is immaculate.

He even liked those Natural Confectionary lollies from Australia.

Dan's good people.

Fireblend

Banned
Also I never doubted Vinny would
prevent Kate's suicide
. He's taking the game's decisions so seriously, it's the best. He's playing exactly the same as I did, exhausting all dialog options and everything :p

danm999

prevent Kate's suicide
. He's taking the game's decisions so seriously, it's the best. He's playing exactly the same as I did, exhausting all dialog options and everything :p

Oh wow they played it again and did that? Good on Vinny!

Patrick failed to do that.

Patryn

prevent Kate's suicide

I thought he'd miss the dialogue choice where you have to pick "Be Strong", and then move to the last-chance pick between the Bible verses.

That was the one choice I missed, but I made the save by picking the correct verse.

Myggen

I'm making the Extra Life thread now, and just to confirm, it's currently 1 day 1 hour 15-ish minutes to Austin's stream (6 pm Eastern tomorrow)?

Ketch

44l4WGmYonpyrDL6sD-x8HEYPcLC40fyqt7Q8chClw8

Mmm...

Daaamn. Is that a clip on tie Archaix?

Fireblend

Banned
The former, unless they make the LiS Friday playdates free. Some UPF's have been free before for instance.

Nah, they said it'd be premium content. It's a smart move - they get to keep playing weird games on wednesdays and the people who like LiS get their fix too. Everyone's happy.

If you're not a premium subscriber you don't deserve happiness.

Myggen

Wolfram Alpha is always handy when it's too late at night to do math http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=when+is+6pm+est+tomorrow

Sweet, thanks!

The schedule is a mess though, or at least the messaging is. The schedule on the site says:

6 PM Thursday Austin
7 AM Friday Giant Bomb SF
7 PM Friday Vinny
3 AM Saturday Jason
9 AM Saturday Drew and Alexis
8 AM Sunday Dave Lang
8 AM Monday The End!

With no indication of what's Pacific Time and what's Eastern time. Austin is for sure starting 6PM Eastern, and I just checked the end of the Life is Strange stream where Vinny said that Giant Bomb SF will start 7 AM "their time", Pacific, which makes sense because if everything was Eastern GB SF would be starting 4 AM Pacific or something. But that means that Austin will stream for 16-ish hours instead of 13-ish hours, if they intend to have one stream just go over in the next one (which is the impression I got).

Rorie should've just have the schedule be all Pacific Time.

edit: I might have this backwards or just be missing something, my brain hurts after working 14 hours today.

Reposting my Giant Bomb Community Extra Life info...

HYPE AS HELL PROMO VIDEO FROM YA BOY HAMST3R

Giant Bomb forum threads for each year we've taken part:

2010 = $? raised
2011 = $1,859.62 raised
2012 = $27,601.44 raised
2013 = $122,680 raised
2014 = $200,806 raised
2015 = $24,875 raised so far!

The Giant Bomb team page on Extra Life, where you can very kindly donate to help sick kids have fun!

Remember...
  1. The ONLY place to be = explosiveruns.com!
  2. The ONLY stuff to tweet = #GBXL, #ExtraLife and #ForTheKids!
  3. The ONLY thing to do = Be Really Cool!

Dineren

Banned
Clearly the solution is to tune in at 6PM est and watch the whole way through without taking a break. No need to worry about time zones.

Myggen

I suppose there is a chance Austin doesn't start until 9PM Eastern, but that would be a little strange. I have no incite to provide, other than to say good luck. I guess we'll find out soon!

Austin confirmed that he'll start 6 PM EST at the end of today's stream. The reason why I care about the rest is only because I want a correct overview in the Extra Life thread :p

My estimate right now is (all PST):

3PM PST Thursday Austin

7AM PST Friday Giant Bomb SF

7PM PST Friday Vinny

3AM PST Saturday Jason

9AM PST Saturday Drew and Alexis

9AM PST Sunday Dave Lang

9AM PST Monday The End!

Someone should make a thread in Gaming for the Extra Life weekend once it starts.

I'm on it!

justjim89

I hope Dan has Drew watch not just Survivor Series, but an NXT Takeover as well. Because I'm really curious as how someone who doesn't watch wrestling would compare NXT and WWE.

Alfredo

I need a new powerbombcast so bad. The PPV wasn't terrible and the last two RAWs have been pretty good.

It's like an unwritten rule that when wrestling is "good," they can't do a Powerbombcast. They can only return to recording when it gets bad.

...at least, this is how I felt earlier this year around when I was actually excited about the WWE, with stuff like Beast in the East and Dean Ambrose going after the title, and that neato Shield (plus Randy Orton) Fatal Fourway at Payback, all of which happened during the big Powerbombcast hiatus...I think.

...though maybe my appreciation of wrestling is shallow enough for all that stuff to be considered cool, but it was actually terrible? I dunno, lol

FStop7

Banned
All I know about LiS is that some asshole in the game talked shit about Diane Arbus so fuck him and fuck that whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom