• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

The Quick Look of Black Ops III made me look up a video of the first mission, and am I right when it looks like you can only make your character white (at least if it's male) from the selection of faces you get?

That's fucking wack if true

Black ops 3 is pretty fun! the voice acting in the campaign is a w f u l though, mostly for the player character and his buddy. law and order guy is pretty good so far.

Zaph

Thanks for the tip, but I'm on a tablet.

Sign up for a TunnelBear account, they have mobile apps/support. You get 500MB of free data, and an extra 1GB if you tweet a shoutout - that should be enough until the SF guys start using GB servers.

Volotaire

Beastcast: Episode 24

We talk about Activision's $5,900,000,000.00 purchase. So much money... We also share early impressions of Rise of the Tomb Raider, revisiting the Witcher 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, and the great Konami mystery.

Filed Under: Yoshi's Woolly World, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Candy Crush Saga, Batman: Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Excited for the Yoshi Talk, really enjoyed what I played of it. Cross posting from the extra life thread.

Back from the thing I had to do after sleeping. So, the games he played so far from what I gathered thanks to danm999.

1. Galak-Z
2. Invisible Inc.
3. Vermintide (with Vinny)
4. Star Wars Conquest (A Mount and Blade Mod)
5. Tales of the Borderlands.
6. WWE2K16
7. Way of the Samurai 4

I'd say 1.5 to 2 hours went for each game? Star Wars Conquest seems like it went longer though? I don't know

Edit:

Austin's next game is, Cyber Troopers Virtual-on Force . Also, he has a Encyclopedia Bombastica episode finished but not edited so we should see it sometime this week on the site? The complete list as of now is:

1. Galak-Z
2. Invisible Inc.
6. WWE2K16
7. Way of the Samurai 4
8. Cyber Troopers Virtual-on Force

Watching Austin effortlessly ball out in Galak-Z last night while reading and talking to the chat made me feel pretty shitty about my skillset. This has been an awesome stream.

Morning everyone! I have an important thing today so please cross your fingers for me.

What I've been able to watch of Austin's stream has been great, he's great at the whole solo-streaming thing.

e4cdbdfe92bdf5d9050fe27280097f1306ad73d051c845f9c54506112f2a5101_thumb_medium

Austin's next game is, Far Cry 2. It was going to be Phantom Dust but sadly his Xbox 360 is not updated to play PD.

1. Galak-Z
2. Invisible Inc.
6. WWE2K16
7. Way of the Samurai 4
8. Cyber Troopers Virtual-on Force
9. Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 is a game that I was completely sold on to completely turned off by within about 2 hours. The checkpoints with enemies that respawn when you walk like 50 ft away was a dagger in the heart of a really interesting game.

Far Cry 2 is a game that I was completely sold on to completely turned off by within about 2 hours. The checkpoints with enemies that respawn when you walk like 50 ft away was a dagger in the heart of a really interesting game.

Yeah, the respawning checkpoints was what killed it for me too. This game had a ton of interesting ideas and it's still fascinating to me in a weird way, but it's just not much fun to play.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Far Cry 2 broke me. I wanted to like that game so much. Africa is such a cool setting. But the respawning enemies, boring missions and Malaria just made the game utterly unplayable for me.
I remember when Ubisoft was all like "Watch out, a fire can burn down an entire forrest!"
Good times.

Reminds me of the time when Crysis was supposed to feature giant enemy aliens that you had to climb with magnetic boots and stuff.

Morning everyone! I have an important thing today so please cross your fingers for me.

Good luck!

I need an Austin x Idle Thumbs podcast now. They've had Brad and Patrick on, before. I guess they weren't in the middle of making a game back then, though.

TraBuch

Banned
If Konami were to make the best MGS game ever without Kojima, bring back the crazy ass boss characters and story but improve upon V's gameplay, would people admit it or would they all just shit on it?

If Konami were to make the best MGS game ever without Kojima, bring back the crazy ass boss characters and story but improve upon V's gameplay, would people admit it or would they all just shit on it?

I'd have an open mind to them making one because of course I want that world to succeed BUT knowing Konami they won't give a shit to do it right and really, whenever you play a Kojima MGS game, there is always insane little details in the game that most developers would never give a shit about but then you remind yourself that you're playing a game by Hideo Kojima.

justjim89

I liked Far Cry 2 a lot better when I installed a mod that significantly increased the timers on enemy checkpoint respawns. Didn't get rid of them entirely, cause it is part of the game, but just to the point where it wasn't irritating.

I wonder if Vinny will play games with Max.

I am terrible with time zone, but it seems like Vinny will be playing games from 11PM to 6AM his local time. Unless Max is a night owl, I do not see it happening.

I am more interested to see Vinny's convoluted basement set up he referenced on the Beastcast a few times!

Patryn

I wonder if Vinny will play games with Max.

On the LIS stream he specifically said that he picked his time during the window in which his kids would be asleep.

I can also see him wanting to avoid having Max on a stream. The GB community can be a little... strange at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom