• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted to do something but he's busy with wedding stuff. I brought my Wii U in today and everything!

Well, something is bound to come out of you and a WiiU.

1B6PqJZ.gif

Where is Dan's hemorrhoid story told?

Another good reason to watch MGScanlon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That freaking HAS to be in the works right?

It would make no sense lore-wise, but I would love if they did a character heavy(seemingly like this is os like L4D or COD Zombies) where it's a lot of banters and you have to play members of all the opposing races killign Tyrannid so it's just CONSTANT shit talking

An Ork, a Tau, a Space Marine and an Eldar walk into a bar

Gurrry

Ive been mildly interested in this game since I watched the quick look. Something keeps me from actually pulling the trigger though.

danm999

It would make no sense lore-wise, but I would love if they did a character heavy(seemingly like this is os like L4D or COD Zombies) where it's a lot of banters and you have to play members of all the opposing races killign Tyrannid so it's just CONSTANT shit talking

I've thought the same. It would be rad.

And I'm just thinking about some of the locations you could have; a space hulk, a hive infested world, the Warp, it could be fucking nuts.

Ive been mildly interested in this game since I watched the quick look. Something keeps me from actually pulling the trigger though.

For me it's the idea of having to rely on random people. I probably will get it though.

Brashnir

You could make it work lore-wise (at least well enough for a video game) with the various Imperial factions. An Imperial Guardsman, a Space Marine (and/or a Terminator), a Sister of Battle, an Inquisitor, A Callidus Assassin, and so on.

danm999

Weren't the people who made EYE Divine Cybermancy doing a 40k game?

Wow you're right. Hope it's good.

You could make it work lore-wise (at least well enough for a video game) with the various Imperial factions. An Imperial Guardsman, a Space Marine (and/or a Terminator), a Sister of Battle, an Inquisitor, A Callidus Assassin, and so on.

I would think the lore is kind of flexible in almost anybody teaming up with almost anybody given its origins as a tabletop game.

Brashnir

I would think the lore is kind of flexible in almost anybody teaming up with almost anybody given its origins as a tabletop game.

Sure, but Imperials working together would seem to be the best fit, and easiest to justify.

Although, you could really do plenty even sticking within one faction, since there tends to be various roles filled in each. Space Marines have scouts, terminators, devastators, librarians, apothecaries, techs, chaplains, and so on.

Wow you're right. Hope it's good.

Shiiiiit

And yeah I wouldn't mind if they stretched it a bit. Eldar, Space Marine, Imperial Guard, Tau, Sisters of Battle...against hordes of tyranidssss

danm999

Sure, but Imperials working together would seem to be the best fit, and easiest to justify.

Although, you could really do plenty even sticking within one faction, since there tends to be various roles filled in each. Space Marines have scouts, terminators, devastators, librarians, apothecaries, techs, chaplains, and so on.

Yeah it's worked in previous 40k games.

danm999

To be fair Dawn of War is like 6 games or something.

I don't mind me some Space Hulk either but I wouldn't go so far to call them good.

I'm pretty sure there's a 40K MOBA, MMORPG, RTS and RPG coming out in the next year too. No idea if they'll be any good.

And Total Warhammer is coming.

K.Sabot

The Eye Divine Cybermancy Warhammer game pretty much can't be bad because Eye is a piece of shit and it's still incredible.

you gain brouzouf

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dawn of War franchise wise you only need DoW 1, Dark Crusade, and Winter Assault.

Fuck DoW 2 and all the other expansions

I definitely preferred DoW2 multiplayer over the original. It sort of had the trappings of a MOBA, heroes, lanes, buying inventory, etc. The big difference was kind of in how you bought and controlled the mobs yourself.

What really needs to be done is a Necromunda game. Nearly every other Warhammer-related thing has been turned into a game. Space Hulk has had multiple games, Blood Bowl has had multiple games, they're making an Inquisitor game, I think a Battlefleet Gothic game is in the works. There was a Gorkamorka game for Dreamcast that got canceled. Necromunda needs to be made into a turn-based strategy game. The XCOM reboot basically cribbed Necromunda's ruleset anyhow.

Basically anytime I see something Warhammer I think "Oh cool, that might be worth checking out" but then I realize that it's not 40k.

I have no ties to warhammer whatsoever but I've always thought 40k was cool. I should get into the tabletop game.

danm999

I think fantasy will work better given the type of game Creative Assembly always makes, but its hard not to be said about how the 40K license hasn't been treated well over the years.

K.Sabot

WAR was so sick, severely underrated. It's responsible for the whole "public queset" that everything aped after it.

I played a Marauder and a Zealot. Zealots were a hella cool class concept. Just a ton of cool subversive classes that were slightly different between their faction counterparts.

RIP

Ketch

Fantasy warhammer is also cool. I think it's actually more cool in the video game department because there's way less of it.

Blood Bowl was cool, but super hard to get into and not a very good single player experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom