• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Ryckert on Twitter said:
I'm sick and I'm about to start 12 hours of streaming games, so I'm fueling this AM with @tacobell and @MountainDew.
CTItY2pUYAAMK2p.jpg

This is already exciting.

danm999

So eating all that whilst being sick Dan is going to shit his pants on camera and holy shit did Jeff Green use this week's Bombcast to prove he's a time traveller?

TraBuch

Banned
I used to laugh when people went out and bought all that fast food and then got a diet soda, then I discovered that I actually like the taste of most diet sodas more than the regular versions.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
In for "Dan probably wouldn't get sick if he didn't eat Taco Bell all the time" comments

When I was in SF I specifically sought out a TacoBell cause Dan keeps talking about it (and they don't have it here in Austria) and it was the grossest thing I ate in a long time. It was cold, the cheese wasn't melted it was just a disgusting thing all around. I imagine I just went to a bad place.

In for "Dan probably wouldn't get sick if he didn't eat Taco Bell all the time" comments

He's supposed to get better when he eats that so I am expecting him to be all well during the stream.

When I was in SF I specifically sought out a TacoBell cause Dan keeps talking about it (and they don't have it here in Austria) and it was the grossest thing I ate in a long time. It was cold, the cheese wasn't melted it was just a disgusting thing all around. I imagine I just went to a bad place.

You did. A cold Taco Bell just sounds like the worst thing ever.

tuxfool

Banned

Yup. The first and only time I ate Taco Bell, I got sick.

Honestly, I hate watching people get deliriously tired. I prefer the shorter streams for each individual. I always stop watching when you can tell the person is struggling to stay conscious. It just seems like I'm watching a person suffer.

Patryn

Honestly, what are the odds that even if they did a 24-hour stream you'd watch all of it?

What are the odds you'd even watch 12 hours of it?

Lelcar

Still seems a bit of a cop out that some of them are only doing 12 hours. I mean its not exactly hard.

That on its own is fine, what is strange to me is that Dave Lang is doing 24 hours while everyone employed at the actual website (besides Drew) is only doing 12-16 hours max. That's when I'm like, what?

Drew is a true patriot.

daydream

Banned
Honestly, what are the odds that even if they did a 24-hour stream you'd watch all of it?

archives, yo

although i really do like this year's schedule so i'm not complainin'

also, i watched most of the 24h sf stream two years ago, took a nap during the halo segment

Is Del Taco considered sub Taco Bell?

I had that once at Barstow and boy did I get the liquid shits the next day.

Del Taco is okay, but packs less flavor. It also has bean burritos that taste like cement. It's a worse Taco Bell despite being more expensive.

I'm sure Jeff & Brad are reviewing games and shit, Vinny has kids, Jason JUST had a baby, Austin is doing a PHD.

I think it's cool they're managing to get 4 days done between them.

Saying streaming solo for 12 hours is easy is insane and really fucking entitled!

hamchan

I've watched every hour of their extra life stuff. I can put it on in the background while I play video games too.

Seriously though, GB is doing 50+ hours of streaming for this event. How can anyone be unhappy with that...

Hindl

Austin's stream sounded awesome I'm gonna have to go back and check it out. Still, I'm more pumped about having SF carry me through my Friday workday

That on its own is fine, what is strange to me is that Dave Lang is doing 24 hours while everyone employed at the actual website (besides Drew) is only doing 12-16 hours max. That's when I'm like, what?

Drew is a true patriot.

I think its because I also do Extra Life, I think this year will be my 6th or maybe 7th and the whole point of it is to get donations for doing 24 hours of gaming. Its supposed to be hard and make it actually worth donating to.

Of course as a Giant Bomb fan I'm not going to complain that im getting a 12 hour stream full of GB goodness and I understand the reasons they gave for only wanting to do 12 hours. It just feels a bit of a cop out as I said before.

Drew is a true patriot.

I think you guys are missing the point where most of the guys are having reviews to attend to especially with big, notable titles launching in a few days.

Austin did a fantastic job. Unfortunately I missed a pretty big chunk of the stream starting from Invisible Inc until like the last quarter of Tales from the Borderlands, I'll definitely be checking out the archive once this whole nightmare is over.

Patryn

Oh god. Sounds like Drew and Jason aren't in the office today.

Of course they're still doing the livestreaming by the seat of their pants.

Just heard Rorie so this stream is already ruined for me (yes I know you all love him but I just cant stand him, this will be the last time I moan though so I dont annoy you all :p )

GB guys should sacrifice their whole life to entertain us.

More like wrestling every day.

Just heard Rorie so this stream is already ruined for me (yes I know you all love him but I just cant stand him, this will be the last time I moan though so I dont annoy you all :p )

I don't dislike him, but I usually think he's weird on live streams. That being said he was great on the podcast the last couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom