• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, sounds like I'm missing out on a good stream. Need to find excuse to leave work early.

Most excited for Drew and Alexis SuperStream

SF Studio Stream. Games and Played by Who so far:

1) Super Mario Maker - Dan
2) Overwatch - Brad
3) Sword of Sodan - Jeff
4) Second Samurai - Jeff
5) First Samurai - Jeff
6) Muscle(US & JP ver.) - Jeff
7) Pro Wrestling - Jeff
8) Tag Team Wrestling - Jeff
9) WWF Wrestlemania: Bigger Better Badder - Jeff
10) Aladdin(Genesis & SNES)- Jeff
11) Blizzard stream and internet shenanigans - Crew

Dan is still making the level with the chat in a separate quarantined room. DREW IS IN THE HOUSE!1 PATRICK IN THE HOUSE1!

Wanted to read austin walkers wiki and got to know there isn't one yet on the giant bomb. Come one GAF you need to make one. The guy was amazing at the far cry 2 play through.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wanted to read austin walkers wiki and got to know there isn't one yet on the giant bomb. Come one GAF you need to make one. The guy was amazing at the far cry 2 play through.
I believe you can only get one if you were credited in a game.

edit: Talking about the GB wiki here.

popo

I think you guys are missing the point where most of the guys are having reviews to attend to especially with big, notable titles launching in a few days.

The worst time of the year for people writing about games and the best time of the year for people who make games. Anything shipping this holiday is in cert by now. Lang should be forced to play Batman on PC for 24 hours making a note of any bugs for the devs to fix (or not fix) as he goes,

Extra Life is a 24 hour gaming marathon. They are only doing 12 hours. Its not a massive stretch to complain a bit.

Doing anything for charity should never be an obligation. If you don't think they are doing enough then don't donate. Give to someone else who you feel earned it, or don't give at all.

More power to him, because that's going to be fucking hard.

It seems like the type of venture that will not coast or have moderate success. Either he will ride the VR train and sell his company to google for millions or it will go bankrupt with huge losses - like a company making 3D TV glasses. Respect to him for leaving a cushy job to give it a go.

DamnBoxes

The noises in this game...

571424478.png

jmood88

Extra Life is a 24 hour gaming marathon. They are only doing 12 hours. Its not a massive stretch to complain a bit.
Yes, it is a massive stretch to feel entitled to content when the point of the whole thing is to raise money/awareness for charity. In fact, it's pretty shitty of you or anyone else to complain at all.

Good to know it's shitty for me to have an opinion on the amount of time people are putting into a 24 hour charity event. I never said I wasn't going to donate or anything bad like that. I simply posted an opinion. It's fine if people are happy to view this thing as a total amount of hours but I'm not.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Good to know it's shitty for me to have an opinion on the amount of time people are putting into a 24 hour charity event. I never said I wasn't going to donate or anything bad like that. I simply posted an opinion. It's fine if people are happy to view this thing as a total amount of hours but I'm not.

quit while you're behind dude.

Bro Giant Bomb is doing 96 hours worth of streams. Stop being dense.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not behind. I'm not trying to win an argument anything or convince people to suddenly agree with me. I just don't appreciate being called shitty for such a dumb thing.

No, people rightfully called out that it was shitty to complain about people streaming 90 hours for charity because they're not streaming in the exact way you'd like them to. Now please stop putting your goddamn foot in your mouth. Nobody was calling you a shitty person but you're sure making it mighty tempting the more you keep on posting.

Lelcar

I'm playing Tearaway now while the stream is on, I don't know about this game man. It's kinda janky and average so far imo. It looks cool though!

omgkitty

I love that they clearly have Retroarch or whatever installed with a shit ton of roms, and they always switch away from the menus.

Error1355

So you're not happy that Giant Bomb is putting on 90+ hours of streaming for charity, for free, because some of them are only streaming for 12 hour chunks instead of 24. That is so extremely petty.

So you're not happy that Giant Bomb is putting on 90+ hours of streaming for charity, for free, because some of them are only streaming for 12 hour chunks instead of 24. That is so extremely petty.

See now people are just putting words into my mouth.

All I mean is that its basically a 24 hour endurance run. Staying up for 24 hours straight playing games is not easy and is the point of donating for Extra Life.

I am not saying do not donate to them. I am not saying they are suddenly bad people for only doing 12 hours. I am not saying that people have to agree with me. I didnt attack GB or anyone in this thread.

All I did was post my opinion on what I felt Extra Life was compared to what the guys were doing, thats it. If I was so annoyed by all of this then I wouldnt be sitting here watching it with all of you.

Can you honestly not see why I am feeling attacked now by you guys for no real reason?

See now people are just putting words into my mouth.

All I mean is that its basically a 24 hour endurance run. Staying up for 24 hours straight playing games is not easy and is the point of donating for Extra Life.

I am not saying do not donate to them. I am not saying they are suddenly bad people for only doing 12 hours. I am not saying that people have to agree with me. I didnt attack GB or anyone in this thread.

All I did was post my opinion on what I felt Extra Life was compared to what the guys were doing, thats it. If I was so annoyed by all of this then I wouldnt be sitting here watching it with all of you.

Can you honestly not see why I am feeling attacked now by you guys for no real reason?

So what you're saying is that Giant Bomb's Extra Life is like the Reduced-Fat Extra Life?

daydream

Banned
i really don't get yt archiving

a second video of austin's stream went up that's six hours long but most of it covers the same as the instant archive that's five hours long

extra life mysteries

i really don't get yt archiving

a second video of austin's stream went up that's six hours long but most of it covers the same as the instant archive that's five hours long

extra life mysteries

That's a bummer, hopefully it doesn't take long for an actual archive to appear somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom