• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty high on my Winter sale list as well, hopefully it's community isn't as terrible as the L4D community is.
I stopped playing L4D a while ago but I mean...out of all the communities across all of Valve's multiplayer games, L4D is not the worst! (I'd go as far as to say it's the 'best'...)

[EDIT - Since when were the Toy Story aliens in Halo?!]

[EDIT 2 - You wouldn't lose connection over splitscreen...]

Chuck

Still without luck
I love Drew, but if I saw a dude wearing those pants on the street I'd have to resist the urge to clothesline him.

Is that because you're jealous that he's comfortable with himself enough to wear what he wants? Or, do you just really need every fucking person wearing jeans?

Lelcar

I wear green pants and red pants on my regular rotation and I don't own a single pair of jeans. I fully admit that I dress like a hipster though, but I live in a free and accepting Canadian town where nobody ever makes fun of what anyone else is wearing. It's pretty cool.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've missed so much this weekend. It'll take forever to get caught up. Glad Ian and Kish are there now. We don't see enough if them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished Life is strange: ep 3.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Antiwhippy

Hoo boy.

The beast team are going to love playing the beginning of episode 4.

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

JonCha

Yeah, I have no idea when I'm going to be able to catch up to all of this stuff. I saw a little bit of the Mario Maker portion of the SF stream and literally just tuned in to Drew's bit.

Drexis stream of games:

1) Halo 5: Guardians - Drew and Alexis
2) A look at an Easter Egg in Waverace: Bluestorm - Everyone
3) Halo 5 Guardians till the end - Drew and Alexis
4) Jackbox Party Pack - Everyone
5) Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - Everyone
6) Mount Your Friends - Everyone
7) Gang Beasts - Everyone
8) Witcher 3 - Alexis, Mary and Drew
9) Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog - Alexis
10) Sky Rogue - Alexis
11) Trine 3 - Drew, Alexis and Ian
12) Just Cause 2 - Alexis
13) Halo 2: Anniversary - Drew and Alexis

That's a wrap!

danm999

What's the deal with Ian? I don't remember seeing anything terrible with him but he seems to attract considerable ire?

He dared cross Rorie during Vinny's Save Our Last Souls and Rorie Stans are the greatest force at Giant Bomb.

Who the fuck knows why people get salty about things.

Oh shit, as mentioned in the chat, now that Drew and Alexis have gone through all the Halo campaigns for Extra Life, they should totally co-op all of Brute Force next year. That'd be great/terrible.

popo

I always thought Ian came across as a bit of a dick on LOLS and Pathfinder. I don't hate him or anything but he was never a favourite.

It is a shame we never got much Ian and Dan interaction, could have been fun.

"What is with this hair and beard Ian? You are not Daniel Bryant! Why don't you get a normal cut like a normal guy, not like some San Francisco homeless hipster."

It is a shame we never got much Ian and Dan interaction, could have been fun.

"What is with this hair and beard Ian? You are not Daniel Bryant! Why don't you get a normal cut like a normal guy, not like some San Francisco homeless hipster."

2753256-newyear.jpg

Antiwhippy

Having just finished ep 4, and I must say it started waaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than how it ended. I like a good twist as anybody else but it has to feel earned, so it's getting some caveats until I tackle episode 5.
I dunno though, I prefer it when the game is dealing with hard-hitting subjects that feels more grounded to reality than suddenly going for the "ooooh this guy was a creepy McCreepface all along!" angle. The first part tore at my heart.

Moaradin

Chapter 3 and the first half of chapter 4 are definitely the highlights imo.

I'm going through chapter 5 now, and even though I'm not finished yet, I have a lot of problems with it already.

Nero18

Too bad they don't like the WWE games, new one is a lot of fun and amazing with friends. Haven't had this much fun playing locally/share play with anyone.

kingocfs

Having just finished ep 4, and I must say it started waaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than how it ended. I like a good twist as anybody else but it has to feel earned, so it's getting some caveats until I tackle episode 5.
I dunno though, I prefer it when the game is dealing with hard-hitting subjects that feels more grounded to reality than suddenly going for the "ooooh this guy was a creepy McCreepface all along!" angle. The first part tore at my heart.

Yeah, they
definitely telegraphed that reveal. Don't expect to be very surprised by how they wrap things up, either. Though there is a really excellent moment that makes up for what I thought was the weakest episode.

AcridMeat

Banned
GBeast is really selling me on Vermintide, it looks like a lot of fun.
Same here. I asked my gaming friend group about it, they're all waiting for a sale. Can't wait to try it. The first L4D was my first gaming experience after building my first PC, so those types of games hold a special place for me.
I wear green pants and red pants on my regular rotation and I don't own a single pair of jeans. I fully admit that I dress like a hipster though, but I live in a free and accepting Canadian town where nobody ever makes fun of what anyone else is wearing. It's pretty cool.
Wear what you want, this thread is full of Dan Ryckert juniors. Drew looked like a catalog model, so what.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If I watch the Until Dawn playdate would it ruin the game? Obviously there will be spoilers, but is there any point to playing it after that?

I hope they get hentaiphd in again for future content. She fitted in very naturally and brought good energy.

If I watch the Until Dawn playdate would it ruin the game? Obviously there will be spoilers, but is there any point to playing it after that?

Until Dawn's story is basically a bunch of tangents branching off from a set path. If you watch the Playdate, you will know the core of the story, and a lot of the narrative beats, but some of your branches will be different depending on how you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom