• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Dawn's story is basically a bunch of tangents branching off from a set path. If you watch the Playdate, you will know the core of the story, and a lot of the narrative beats, but some of your branches will be different depending on how you play.
Disagree, it varies a bit, but if you care about the story at all, do not watch the video series first. You'll be sitting through 90% of the same scenes.

LiK

If I watch the Until Dawn playdate would it ruin the game? Obviously there will be spoilers, but is there any point to playing it after that?

I hope they get hentaiphd in again for future content. She fitted in very naturally and brought good energy.

don't watch it if you plan on playing it. you'll ruin the scares and story for yourself. it's more fun to watch it knowing what happens instead and see what variations of the scenes Alex encounters. i saw some new stuff i didn't see in my multiplaythroughs and i Platinumed the game. So cool.

Disagree, it varies a bit, but if you care about the story at all, do not watch the video series first. You'll be sitting through 90% of the same scenes.

This is pretty much what I said. I was not recommending playing the game either. I thought saying that the core story is the same regardless of user input got that point across?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Apple.
Though I don't think CBSI acquired them.

They talked a bit about how a lot of the CBS stuff in the lobby was being taken down because they have a second company in the building now.

So yeah, there's the proof that CBSi didn't buy Apple. Otherwise it would have seemed logical.

Zaph

Drew talked about the new floor on his stream. Apparently their studio is roughly the same size as the current corridor they're using (but completely enclosed this time), and they have a control room. So it doesn't sound like they're getting GBeast'd thankfully.

LiK

Until Dawn PE done. great LP. had no idea Alex hated horror stuff so much. thought he and Patrick liked them the same. the freakouts were great.

Myggen

Drew talked about the new floor on his stream. Apparently their studio is roughly the same size as the current corridor they're using (but completely enclosed this time), and they have a control room. So it doesn't sound like they're getting GBeast'd thankfully.

Sounds good. Did he say anything about their office situation, whether they'd sit together with GS editors now? It would make sense. As long as Mailbags aren't affected it's all good.

Zaph

Sounds good. Did he say anything about their office situation, whether they'd sit together with GS editors now? It would make sense. As long as Mailbags aren't affected it's all good.

I don't think so - office situation and second 'QL Room' studio seem to be the unknowns. But Danny did mention GS has been really slow planning their new studio situation, having only just started discussing it last week, and The Lobby might actually end up being filmed in the lobby temporarily.

Myggen

I don't think so - office situation and second 'QL Room' studio seem to be the unknowns. But Danny did mention GS has been really slow planning their new studio situation, having only just started discussing it last week, and The Lobby might actually end up being filmed in the lobby temporarily.

Might say something about the priority GS management puts on content that requires a studio.

popo

That's weird, don't they have an entire campus?

HQ is self contained but they have a lot of satellite offices in major cities. I believe they were talking about it being Apple Music that was moving in. Even the mighty CBS can't afford to buy a downtown SF office block, they lease the whole building and sublet floors.

I don't suppose the duders are egg salad on bagel types. Off to the Tumblrs to investigate.

Man, Rorie would flip out at these skinny bagels we have now.

jaina

Thanks for the clarification, I was also under the (common?) impression that the British drink room temperature beverages.

danm999

The British are absolutely culinary monsters but given how many burgers we Australians put pineapple on I'm not sure we have the high ground.

Giant Bomb #18 | REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT

q3DOZ.gif

All it's missing now for the main post is someone giffing the part where Rorie goes through a bunch of Reduced Fat schmears.

Dammit. What have I missed? I don't get the reduced fat thing.

For more context you should watch it from the beginning to see Rorie calling co-workers "motherfuckers" for bringing Reduced Fat schmears.

Myggen

Missed this entire weekend of GB content. Will the Extra Life stuff be archived?

Everything will be archived on the site (not so sure about Lang's stream, but I assume that will be put on the site too). Some of the streams are on YT now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom