• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I truly, earnestly believe that the best thing about NeoGAF is going over to the gaming side and checking review threads for Triple A releases to see people with avatars/username referencing the franchise getting extremely angry at people who have issues with the game.

It never fails. Oh weird, guy with Ellie avatar takes issue with people not liking the last of us

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Brad's commencing germ warfare against Apple. He's going to come in and sick up the podcast studio before they move floors.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Well, the standout star for donations during Extra Life is on his way to SF as Jeff drives...

2611309-3999374993-24617.gif

to be fair to Jeff, when a UFO is identified as a military test that's like the LEAST believable explanation because that's what they'd say man THAT'S WHAT THEY'D SAY

I'd be more likely to just believe like, a meteor, but then some civvy scientist would be like "nah that's not what a meteor looks like"

chemtrails

Edit: "imagine yourself in a frozen forest" jeff with the quick Bo3 reference. I'm surprised he slipped that in there.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Yeah. Has to be trolling. Nobody could be this deluded?

Regarding the writing, I don't know if I should dash your hopes? It *is* better, but that is a low bar to climb.

Yeah it was more me being open minded until I actually play it. I have zero expectation for decent writing, let alone good.

I mean fuck even Fallout 2 has some terrible writing. Only 1 and New Vegas are good.

If Jeff has issues with the PS4 Fallout 4 framerate:

On top of this, Xbox One is unique in its suffering of a stuttering issue, halting the game experience for up to a second during play. It's a glaring hitch downward, and matching runs to the gates of Diamond City shows Xbox One dropping to a record 0fps (zero) while PS4 turns the same corner at 28fps. Each has their blips, but having tested two separate Xbox One and PS4 consoles, the results are always the same across the world at large; we get sizeable stutters on Microsoft's console that aren't present on PS4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What I learned from 2015 was "don't listen to internet negativity too much when the reviews are good".

Also "don't listen to internet positivity when you think the game is probably not fun" (Witcher)
For a while I ignored reviews and listened to the internet instead, but I feel like it's actually changing the other way again. There's just too much hyperbole.

It's really weird how intensely some people are attacking Fallout 4. Like, don't play the game if you don't like it, I don't understand the "NO IT'S BADDDDD BECAUSE BETHESDDDAAAA" sentiment in review threads. Seems more fanboyish on both sides than most major games this year.

He makes Polygon pretty hard to support, despite my really liking the McElroys.

Arthur's okay once you get past his occasional arrogance, I've been a on and off listener to Rebel FM since the beginning though. So much better than Kutchera and Owen Good in terms of Polygon staff.

Das Ace

For a while I ignored reviews and listened to the internet instead, but I feel like it's actually changing the other way again. There's just too much hyperbole.

For real. Most game discussion seems to devolve into "who can have the most outrageous hyperbole" for even a small amount of attention.

What resolution are you running? I've been able to max out everything this year at 1080 with the 970
The 970 is fine it's performs well, but I didn't want to spend the money on a new video card just yet. Fallout 4 kind of forced my hand. I realize I could have waited six months, but I didn't want to.

AcridMeat

Banned
Thank goodness the Rocket League Mutator update is out, or it would be hard to resist getting Fallout 4 after seeing the QL. I forgot about the weapon customization.

edit: Oh wait now I see the dialogue stuff. Ooooof.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I was actually knee deep in my "Fuck, wrestling can be good still?" Daniel Bryan WM30 delusion at that point so I was watching. John Cena throwing stairs all the damn time for three months, leading up to the announcers constantly fucking up "TLC And Stairs" and increasing their weight every time it came up was maybe the only redeeming part of the program at that time.

Is that something a face should do?

Of course it is. John Cena had to prove how Wyatt's attempts to make him a violent angry man had no effect on him, by becoming increasingly violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom