• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was the praise in this thread (Keyser I think) that got me to buy it a few weeks ago and it is the right balance between Telltale story telling and Gone Home exploration.

Yeah definitely. It's giving me Gone Home vibes with the whole indie girl thing and telling a kind of story games usually seem completely uninterested in trying to tell. It's weird playing a game where the main character is basically the same age I am and isn't saving the universe (I also just went to college, so some of the living in a dorm stuff is weirdly resonate). A lot of the dialogue is really rough though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah definitely. It's giving me Gone Home vibes with the whole indie girl thing and telling a kind of story games usually seem completely uninterested in trying to tell. It's weird playing a game where the main character is basically the same age I am and isn't saving the universe (I also just went to college, so some of the living in a dorm stuff is weirdly resonate). A lot of the dialogue is really rough though.

Go fuck yourselfie is still the pinnacle of games writing to me.

tchocky

Yeah the dialogue can be pretty bad, it annoyed me the most in the first episode especially when you look at posters of artists and she talks about how great the artists are it's just terrible. I do think it improves in later episodes.

I hope GBeast play the game because it deserves a nomination for Best moment of the year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah the dialogue can be pretty bad, it annoyed me the most in the first episode especially when you look at posters of artists and she talks about how great the artists are it's just terrible. I do think it improves in later episodes.

I hope GBeast play the game because it deserves a nomination for Best moment of the year.

End of episode 2?

justjim89

I need to get back into Life Is Strange. I beat the whole first episode, but I've since lost my save and dread repeating the whole thing.

I picked up Tales from the Borderlands and the Game of Thrones series today, which would you guys say is better?

I need to get back into Life Is Strange. I beat the whole first episode, but I've since lost my save and dread repeating the whole thing.

I picked up Tales from the Borderlands and the Game of Thrones series today, which would you guys say is better?

Haven't played Tales from the Borderlands, but GoT is junk.

Borderlands is supposed to be the better of the two.

You can move directly onto Episode 2 if you want, and get randomised choices generated. Ep1 arguably has the least important choices of the whole season, so once you remember the story you could just move on and it would not drastically affect anything.

Other than LIS, King's Quest Ep1 is the only other episodic game I enjoyed this year. There is some fantastic comedic moments in there. That is only one episode (out of five) in, so no idea how it will develop.

Didn't Vinny talk about how much he liked and enjoyed the Battlefront bummer?

It seemed mix from hearing it? He mentioned survival sucked, the other map they have is for people who know how to play, and thatthe hoth level is unbalanced. He also mentioned that hes not good at fps.

Borderlands by a fair margin. GoT has Asher, which is the only reason it's competitive at all.

Largo

Assuming you're even passingly familiar with the setting, Tales from the Borderlands is GREAT.

Ketch

There's a 100% chance that this whole mario maker thing with patrick ends in patrick (probably in a hot dog suit) popping out with a surprise attack against dan at pax during a dumb paxamania thing.

DamnBoxes

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Dan keeps making challenges and Patrick keeps accepting and winning. Patrick has won so many times, but if he loses even once he loses the whole feud. Dan is somehow the crazy combination of the desperate heel with almost nothing to lose.

KorrZ

Loved that challenge video lol. Hope that Dan gets that level uploaded soon so I can watch Patrick struggle with it.

Ketch

just watched the whole promo.

fuck SJWs, wrestling is what's ruining video games everybody.

fuckin wrestling.

I knew this would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom