• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kAmui-

Damn, this Mario Maker thing is going places! Gotta give it to Dan, he's really good at cutting promos.

Dan is really good at cutting promos because he probably cut so many imaginary promos growing up that it's just second nature at this point

This is exactly the type of stuff I'd expect Dan to do :D

#TeamPatrick

so I'm nearly level 23 in destiny and my read on it is basically "borderlands if borderlands were playable alone"

the RPG elements are way more streamlined and I'm having more fun with destiny than I ever did with borderlands alone. Destiny makes me want to grind. Borderlands makes me want to not.

so I'm nearly level 23 in destiny and my read on it is basically "borderlands if borderlands were playable alone"

the RPG elements are way more streamlined and I'm having more fun with destiny than I ever did with borderlands alone. Destiny makes me want to grind. Borderlands makes me want to not.

Borderlands could use more freedom like Destiny...(Even though Destiny needs freedom like Diablo 3.)

Like, less story in Borderlands, more focus on builds, less grinding level, less having shit skills where it's 'Put in 5 points for 2% increase each time!', and it'd be a great game.

Yeah, the skill trees in borderlands are an absolute clusterfuck. They do a really great job with the cool weapons, the stuff with unique effects, but that stuff is pretty rare. My buddy and I got really lucky when running borderlands 2 together and we each got a legendary weapon drop out of the blue. Those guns carried us through the game basically.

None of the guns are super different in Destiny but
the shooting feels good and the numbers go up

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Watching the UPF, and man, really bummed at how lame the new Jackbox games seem to be.

And Earwax...that game had to be made by a robot. That had to be one of the worst multiplayer games I've seen. I'm surprised they got anything out of it.

Patrick's music hits. He saunters down to the ring and picks up a mic.

"Challenge accepted."

The two face each other in the middle of the ring nose-to-nose as the Giant Bomb/YouTube logo appears in the corner and the screen fades to black.

Not to get too off topic but I'm on the last phase of this raid right now and mannnnnn this has been some crazy shit lol. Almost hard to believe I'm playing the same game at times. Its really cool though.

Destiny's been a really fun game. Kind of surprised how much I ended up liking it.

tchocky

From miiverse

WVW69idpNtg33pZGBC

Then I'll get that... And Diablo.
I am very much in the business of buying games I may never play

Aren't we all like that at some point? I learned to not buy a new game until I finish the one I have already. If I bought let's say a few games in one go I'd only play and beat one before starting the next. It has gotten to the point where I'm not building a backlog anymore, Steam is another matter though lol.

Jothel

Aren't we all like that at some point? I learned to not buy a new game until I finish the one I have already. If I bought let's say a few games in one go I'd only play and beat one before starting the next. It has gotten to the point where I'm not building a backlog anymore, Steam is another matter though lol.
I need to be like that - my steam list is silly, probably played 5% of them to completion, to think of the money I could have saved... But hey

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I didn't think the second level was all that difficult with how many hits are basically supposed absorb with all the power ups

It's devious as fuck with the endings though and thats all that matters

I hope these level making streams become a regular thing because watching it and Patrick playing them have been the most entertaining thing on the site for me in years

tchocky

Dan is having a little trouble with his level.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert
I've spent the last three hours trying to upload this level. Death count in the hundreds.

kuppy

GUYS!
Guys. Hey Guys, it's been almost three months since I last had unlimited internet data volume. So now I can finally catch up on all the latest Giant Bomb videos again. Seems a bit overwhelming actually. Should be a lot of fun.

Edit: A watch-later like list as you can create on YouTube would be a nice feature btw.

ArjanN

Interested in seeing Dan's challenge level. I'm guessing it'll come down to if Patrick can figure out whatever the gimmicks are, things like putting down the POW block in that last level. I don't think Dan could make a level that's just straight-up challenging with precision jumps and such that Patrick couldn't beat, given that he has to beat it himself first.

I didn't think the second level was all that difficult with how many hits are basically supposed absorb with all the power ups

It's devious as fuck with the endings though and thats all that matters

Yeah, the powerups actually mean that you run through 80% of that level.
If you're trying to make a bastard hard level you can make it a lot more focused and basically make every screen a puzzle gimmick like that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If it took Dan himself over 3 hours to beat his own creations I don't know about this. I haven't seen the level tho because no WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom