• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look pretty shitty but that's par for the course with fast food, I wouldn't mind trying them though. I only know it exists because Harold and Kumar.

We have Five Guys here now I think but apparently it's pretty expensive. I'd like to try Taco Bell sometime instead of living vicariously through Dans countless periscopes.

five guys has good burgers, but the fries are the fucking best

check them out, it's arguably worth the price

mintyice

"I've been to breweries and I haven't seen any yogurt there" might be one of the weirdest sentences I've heard in a while.

What's the context for this?

Homebrewer here. Some breweries use yogurt to kettle sour their beer to make sour beer styles like Berliner Weisse and Gose. It's a cheap and easy way to inoculate wort with lactobacillus that makes beer tangy.

No_Style

Nobody tell Dan about cheese and alcohol.

Haha. Just watched Yoshi QL and thought the same thing about cheese. Didn't even think about alcohol.

I wonder if he ever had Greek food and tzatziki sauce. If so, he's tried yogurt before.

Edit: Also fucking sour cream which he may have had with tacos is made from bacteria. "Its name stems from the production of lactic acid by bacterial fermentation, which is called souring. " Heh.

60fi9xy.png

bottom up

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Haha. Just watched Yoshi QL and thought the same thing about cheese. Didn't even think about alcohol.

I wonder if he ever had Greek food and tzatziki sauce. If so, he's tried yogurt before.

Edit: Also fucking sour cream which he may have had with tacos is made from bacteria. "Its name stems from the production of lactic acid by bacterial fermentation, which is called souring. " Heh.

According to official Dan Lore, the only time he had sour cream was when his mother undertook a sneaking mission and infiltrated his mac & cheese. He promptly threw away what he had just called the best macaroni and cheese he ever had because his mom told him she put sour cream in the recipe.

Gandie

Seeing Jeff & Dan so happy about SMM is really exciting. Especially Jeff. Can't remember the last time he was this excited about a game.

wow you can actually buy a case of 30 burgers? american fast food is serious business

Two things. 1: they are really really small (like 3 or 4 sliders equals 1 normal fast food burger) 2: At least in my limited experience with them (we don't have them in Maryland), you share them with people (some poor soul may try to eat all 30 by themselves). So say you have 5 people sharing 30 sliders evenly (affectionately called belly bombers), you would have 6. So, if 3 sliders equals 1 normal burger, you'd be eating two normal burgers. Fast food math. (Still terribly unhealthy)

They look pretty shitty but that's par for the course with fast food, I wouldn't mind trying them though. I only know it exists because Harold and Kumar.

We have Five Guys here now I think but apparently it's pretty expensive. I'd like to try Taco Bell sometime instead of living vicariously through Dans countless periscopes.

Five Guys is great! Although, I think Shake Shack has over taken it for me (the closest to me is in downtown Baltimore). Both are actually not considered fast food, though. They are part of an all new category known as fast casual, because of the length of time it takes to make the food, the quality of ingredients (and options of toppings and extras), the services, and, in turn, the price. My favorite fast food burger is Wendy's.

The Mario Maker Game of the Year ropeadope is well on it's way. I'm excited for December!

i'll be happy as long as the witcher 3 doesn't win

No_Style

According to official Dan Lore, the only time he had sour cream was when his mother undertook a sneaking mission and infiltrated his mac & cheese. He promptly threw away what he had just called the best macaroni and cheese he ever had because his mom told him she put sour cream in the recipe.

I forgot about that. I lost track of what he's never had.

kAmui-

What's the context for this?

Homebrewer here. Some breweries use yogurt to kettle sour their beer to make sour beer styles like Berliner Weisse and Gose. It's a cheap and easy way to inoculate wort with lactobacillus that makes beer tangy.

Watching the Yoshi's Woolly World QL and starting 18 minutes in should give some context. They talk about Dan never eating yogurt and Drew says something along the lines that the process of making beer is similar to how yogurt is made.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The Mario Maker Game of the Year ropeadope is well on it's way. I'm excited for December!

i'll be happy as long as the witcher 3 doesn't win

haha I'm with you but also there is literally no chance in hell Witcher 3 will even enter the discussion for the GB crew, definitely not West. It's gonna be Mario Maker or MGS5 and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mario Maker takes it.

Dark horse tho: Just Cause 3. Think about it.

haha I'm with you but also there is literally no chance in hell Witcher 3 will even enter the discussion for the GB crew, definitely not West. It's gonna be Mario Maker or MGS5 and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mario Maker takes it.

Dark horse tho: Just Cause 3. Think about it.

i want just cause 3 to be good, but the quality of mad max 3 and the fact it's being made by Avalanche's new B-team doesn't fill me with hope. I really want to be wrong though!

Are you saying Brad is gonna filibuster for Destiny TTK or? Because I mean, if he really loved TW3 he would've finished it ages ago.

This logic makes no sense, especially considering Brad went for Mass Effect 3 as #1 in 2012 after finishing it long after everyone else on the staff had been done with it.

Noaloha

That GoFundMe is delightful. The recent SMM GB stream and Patrick's resulting two MMM streams were delightful. I'm delighted by these happenings. I'm wondering if the GoFundMe might deserve it's own thread on Gaming with direct links to any of the relevant VODs and an "if not in the loop, do yourself a favour and take a couple hours treat-time watching these".

Lelcar

This logic makes no sense, especially considering Brad went for Mass Effect 3 as #1 in 2012 after finishing it long after everyone else on the staff had been done with it.

But he also started it long after everyone else was done with it, started and finished it, whereas with TW3 he started it a long time ago and still hasn't finished it.

popo

this or patrick losing are my two hopes.
patrick winning in the middle of a day 2 stream is the ultimate no bueno

He calls in sick to work on the third day, plays all day and finally beats me it. While he is celebrating his phone rings. His boss saw the stream and Patrick is now fired.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
He calls in sick to work on the third day, plays all day and finally beats me it. While he is celebrating his phone rings. His boss saw the stream and Patrick is now fired.

Eh, he still works for Kotaku. He can just google for a funny image and post that and I'm pretty sure that counts.

Gandie

That gofundme is going through the roof.

That GoFundMe is delightful. The recent SMM GB stream and Patrick's resulting two MMM streams were delightful. I'm delighted by these happenings. I'm wondering if the GoFundMe might deserve it's own thread on Gaming with direct links to any of the relevant VODs and an "if not in the loop, do yourself a favour and take a couple hours treat-time watching these".

YES

justjim89

Witcher 3 was never going to be GB's GOTY anyhow, even if it is the best game released thus far in 2015. It's too wonderful and beautiful a creature for them to appreciate.

"I mean, yeah, it's a masterfully crafted pinnacle of the WRPG genre brimming with personality and detail in even the smallest of sidequests or locations, but need I remind you that in MGSV you can make the horse poop?"

"You're right, Witcher 3 gets cut."

I'd probably like a game like Witcher if it wasn't fantasy. For some reason I just can never get into any form of media with a fantasy setting. Shadows of Modor totally bounced off me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom