• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

people who upload random Giantbomb clips are awesome, I just came across a video with Vinny playing an electric guitar during a UPF

See you guys on the other side.

ZXqXLIM.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No no no. I t took me a while to get what you mean. I mean in curries and that sort of thing

I might have hallucinated it during the audio problems, but didn't Dan say he gets gyros? Tzatziki sauce is basically just yogurt and cucumber.

Then again, I'm sure he would ask for it without that weird white stuff.

Scizzy

It would be amazing if Patrick just flipped it on Dan and didn't even attempt to beat the Ryckoning, meaning that he wasted 20 hours on nothing.

Catching up on the Rock Band QL. I want to hear what it sounds like when someone who knows how to play guitar tries to make something coherent out of those freestyle solo sections. I would guess it still sounds bad.

[EDIT]
Wait, the game quantizes the solo notes? I thought this game was made by musicians!

def sim

I'm a big fan of them hosting FGC tournaments. I haven't been actively keeping up so this keeps me in the loop without looking too hard.

f0rk

And yet most AAA developers do these days.

In competitive games (DOTA, Quake etc) exploits are left as features. There's a difference between exploits and bugs. I don't think Dan should have put out a challenge video and then keep making changes to the level

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Local multiplayer games on UPF in general are super boring. If they're interesting, they're interesting once.

plenty of examples of good ones imo. Gang Beasts, Windjammers, Niddhogg all come to mind. The "only once" rule does apply to a lot of them, but Gang Beasts and Windjammers are a delight almost every time. I'm not waiting with baited breath to see Mount Your Friends yet again, though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nobody tell Dan about cheese and alcohol.

I just watched the Yoshi video and...yeah. Was this recorded yesterday? There's a chance that Dan said both "I don't like yogurt, it has bacteria" and "Give me too much cheese then throw on another handful" in the same day. There's a saying about bliss that applies to Dan but I've decided to take after him and forget everything that isn't helping me at this very moment.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
wow you can actually buy a case of 30 burgers? american fast food is serious business

White Castle burgers are more bun and sadness than anything, and also a good deal smaller than most hamburgers, but yes. There's a reason Harold and Kumar were heading there all those decades ago.

oh god what if scoops beats it in 1 try

Patrick has managed to hit every single dumb trap that Dan put in the first two community levels. It's a shame Dan didn't plan this around Extra Life, because Patrick will need some time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I downloaded dan's stage in an attempt to work backwards and find the solution. Instead i got frustrated and gave up.

Good luck Patrick!

Hagi

drove like 20 miles to a white castle and got one of those with some friends once

worth the trip

White Castle burgers are more bun and sadness than anything, and also a good deal smaller than most hamburgers, but yes. There's a reason Harold and Kumar were heading there all those decades ago.

They look pretty shitty but that's par for the course with fast food, I wouldn't mind trying them though. I only know it exists because Harold and Kumar.

We have Five Guys here now I think but apparently it's pretty expensive. I'd like to try Taco Bell sometime instead of living vicariously through Dans countless periscopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom